Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    Keep it up, @ElfsborgAddick - really enjoy your posts and photos on here!
    Thank you dear boy.  The knockers will not beat me.
  • Options
    I love it....shit ground, no fans.....this is PROPER grass roots football....SUPERB 

Pricks like @clb74 are clueless and do not understand................unlike your good self.
    It's you I dont understand.
    No doubt while we are playing Burton Saturday you will have travelled half way round the country to watch some minor league game.
    You sure you support Charlton?
  • Options
    A mate invited me to watch Carshalton Athletic vs Folkestone tonight in the Isthmian Premier League.

Quite a funny situation as I travelled by public transport followed by a 45 minute walk, only to find myself in the middle of nowhere. I’d walked to “Carshalton Football Club” which was just an address registered for a local Sunday league side.

The real Carshalton was 45 min walk the other direction!

Anyway, I nipped in a cab and got there in the end. Carshalton seems like bit of a Palace non-league base, similar to us and Welling. They beat Folkestone 5-0, and the referee was called every name under the sun by the travelling support.

• Options

Leroy Lita at 38 for Nuneaton 
  • Options

Wrexham strolled to a 6-2 win yesterday against a very poor King's Lynn, they'll not be in the National League next season on yesterday's showing.
  • Options
    Loving those floodlights...superb. 
  • Options
    Great of QofS to do that. Odsal has reopened so that’ll be the biggest terrrace. Enjoy the rest of your trip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me and three mates have headed on to Scotland having been in Morecambe on Tuesday night. We are at Partick v Dunfermline tomorrow night and Ayr v Albion Rovers on Sst. 
    We stopped at a couple of grounds en route yesterday and at Queen of the South their commercial manager kindly opened the stadium up and allowed us full access. Pitch, dressing rooms, boardroom, terraces. He said it's the biggest standing terrace left in the UK and the biggest stand alone floodlights too. A real throwback of a ground and just as it ought to be. 
    You'll enjoy going to Ayr, a lovely little town as well.
    Have a nice time, and don't forget the pics.
  • Options
    En route to Partick we've stopped here. 
  • Options
    Great piece od history. Anyone know the ground and team who played here ?
  • Options
    On Tuesday afternoon boarding the train at Lancaster I did ask the steward what the ground was next to the station (it was Lancaster City)

He turned round and said he “didn’t know and didn’t care”. 

Think he was a bit overwhelmed by about 50 odd Charlton lads on the beers getting on his train unexpectedly at 1pm in the afternoon  😂
  • Options
    Third Lanark
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Third Lanark
    Correct 
  • Options
    We were told about the site of the original Hampden. Still acknowledged. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Partick v Dunfermline this evening. Had a feel of Leyton Orient about it. Decent ground. We did the corporate hospitality which cost all of 50 quid a head. A half decent curry, unlimited drink and pies at half time 
  • Options
    We were told about the site of the original Hampden. Still acknowledged. 

Cracking work.
  • Options

Sheerwater v Camberley in the Combined Counties Premier Division South yesterday.
    Around 60 fans witnessed a 3-2 away win, a few goals but poor football.
  • Options
    What age group is that? The right back looks as if he's about twelve.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    What age group is that? The right back looks as if he's about twelve.

Tbf there were a lot of players probably under 21.  The Sheerwater number seven was very useful.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Essex Senior League

Enfield F.C. 1 Athletic Newham 2
    R&D Advisors Stadium. Enfield Ground Share with Bishop's Stortford F.C.
    admission £5 Programme Free attendance 205 Free Hot Dog or Hamburger
    Tea /Coffee £1.50 Pin Badge £3.50

Newham took an early lead and went in at half time 1-0. Enfield then got level with a pen in the 2nd half, Newham scored the winner near the end from a corner, the ball was headed back out of the box by a Newham player and was then hit back in by Dwade James for Newham giving the goalie no chance to take the 3 points.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I’m writing a travelogue/football book following the FA Trophy from Hashtag United to Wembley. Last Saturday, I saw Cheshunt win at St Albans. Next up, Stockport County away to Cheshunt.  Report (of sorts) on St Albans v Cheshunt. I've enjoyed it all so much. Here are the games I have seen so far.