Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    SX_Addick said:

Aveley beat Bury Town 1-0 yesterday in the Bostik North.

This is their first year at the new ground. They only had 281 yesterday but that is a improvement on their old ground.

With Aveley having a 3G pitch I went for the safe option of the game being on. My preferred option of South Park was called off

As I do not drive, Kent to Essex is a 2 1/2 journey by train, tube, bus and legs. Fortunately I bumped into a friend of arsenetatters and I was back in Swanley at 17.25, the time the bus was due at Aveley!

Depending where you are in Kent, there is always the Gravesend - Tilbury ferry where you can get a train. Aveley is not well served by public transport though.

Meanwhile Hornchurch drew at Dereham to maintain their position as league leaders. Leon McKenzie coming on as sub for the last 20 minutes.
    Off to Dereham on the 28th April, shame it's 20 miles from Norwich station.
  • Options
    Currently watching Union Adarve vs Celta Vigo B in the Spanish third division. Around about 1000 here and a beautiful sunny day. Unfortunately it looks like it could be the third successive home nil-nil for Madrid's fourth professional team.
  • Options

Currently watching Union Adarve vs Celta Vigo B in the Spanish third division. Around about 1000 here and a beautiful sunny day. Unfortunately it looks like it could be the third successive home nil-nil for Madrid's fourth professional team.

Looking to go to Madrid in May.

How would I get there on public transport?
  • Options

Aveley beat Bury Town 1-0 yesterday in the Bostik North.

This is their first year at the new ground. They only had 281 yesterday but that is a improvement on their old ground.

With Aveley having a 3G pitch I went for the safe option of the game being on. My preferred option of South Park was called off

As I do not drive, Kent to Essex is a 2 1/2 journey by train, tube, bus and legs. Fortunately I bumped into a friend of arsenetatters and I was back in Swanley at 17.25, the time the bus was due at Aveley!

You should have poped round for a cup of tea - only 15 mins in a cab from me.
    I want to enjoy my Saturday afternoons.

Thanks for the offer though.

Are you still based in Dagenham docks?
    Dagenham Docks! They only time I go there is to ship odd dead bodies.
  • Options

I’m going there in 3 weeks and hopefully be going see Real Madrid v Real Socieded (hopefully I can tickets).
  • Options

Metro Begoña, a few stops up from the Santiago Bernabeu. Games at the Estadio Vicente del Bosque are free entry until it's full - not bad for third level football!
  • Options

Metro Begoña, a few stops up from the Santiago Bernabeu. Games at the Estadio Vicente del Bosque are free entry until it's full - not bad for third level football!
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Hungerford v Bognor yesterday.

I was sweating at 1.30 with them having a pitch inspection. Amazed it was not called off to be honest.

A 1-1 draw for the 280 attending.
  • Options
    Westfield are running away with the Combined Counties league and easily beat Guildford 5-0 yesterday.

A shame for a successful team playing a local derby that the attendance was only in the region of 80. At this level the admission is very cheap, Westfield charge only £6 and a reasonable programme was £1.
  • Options

I was sweating at 1.30 with them having a pitch inspection. Amazed it was not called off to be honest.

Much worse than Blackpool :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Much worse than Blackpool :neutral:
    AFC Blackpool staged their game on the same day.
  • Options

Real Madrid v Real Sociedad. 15 mins until kick off.
    imageimage

Like x 200
  • Options

imageimage

Quality mate! Good seats aswel
  • Options

imageimage

Any touts flogging?
  • Options

imageimage

Did they have the heaters on in the roof? Impressive ground eh. Hope the fans were on decent form as well.
  • Options

imageimage

Did they have the heaters on in the roof? Impressive ground eh. Hope the fans were on decent form as well.
    Yes the heaters were on which which were much needed! It’s an very impressive stadium, I’ll be doing the stadium tour tomorrow so we can see a bit more of it.

Fans were on top form, and was a much better atmosphere then I anticipated. Real were on fire in the first half, so as usually happens, the 2nd Half was bit of a non event.
  • Options

imageimage

Any touts flogging?
    Didn’t see any mate.
  • Options

imageimage

Yes the heaters were on which which were much needed! It’s an very impressive stadium, I’ll be doing the stadium tour tomorrow so we can see a bit more of it.

Fans were on top form, and was a much better atmosphere then I anticipated. Real were on fire in the first half, so as usually happens, the 2nd Half was bit of a non event.
    Excellent - hope you're enjoying Madrid!
  • Options
    In stark contrast to Otto, about 35 fans(half from Eastbourne) saw the away team win 4-1.

This is the last season before Broadbridge move across the road to a new ground of their own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Abbey Rangers v Epsom and Ewell in the Combined Counties League.

A low crowd of approximately 40 watched a poor 0-0 draw. The Epsom fans no doubt would have been pleased with a clean sheet as they had conceded 85 goals before yesterday.

Another ground, programme, and badge to add to the collection.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I went to three in Germany at the weekend.

Friday - Kaiserslautern 3-1 Holsten Kiel (14 euros, 2nd division, 20000 there)
    Saturday - Eintracht Frankfurt 4-2 Koln (35 euros, Bundesliga, 48000)
    Sunday - Wehen Wiesbaden 2-2 Werder Bremen II (11 euros, 3rd tier, 1400 with 22 away)

I've seen 11 games now in Germany and Kaiserslautern goes down as my favourite ground. It's a grand old stadium with 3 sides having one, towering tier a la Liverpool's Kop or Dortmund's 'wall'. It's also sat on a big hill overlooking town and the fans are as good as any in Germany, hopefully they stay up.

Eintracht was fun but it was like a lot of German atmospheres - decent, fairly loud but not overly impressive. Wiesbaden was a quick and easy one before flying home, it's 45 minutes and about 10 euros' worth from Frankfurt but that was covered by our match tickets. If you do Germany it's worth buying early and printing at home as they usually include a day's travelcard for the area.

If you get a chance go and see Stuttgart Kickers...They have a sign there written in English as you get to the ground " welcome to hell". The ground is right next to the fernsehen tower. A television tower you can access and has superb views including views to FC stuttgart stadium on the other side of the city.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Newhaven v Haywards Heath in the Sussex League last Saturday.

The 82 that braved the biting wind saw Newhaven win 3-1. A basic ground, but quite quirky.
  • Options
    Went to Club Brugge v Kortrijk tonight. 1st v 6th in the Belgian top flight, finished 2-1 to Club Brugge. Pretty much sold out stadium and decent (English Championship probably) level of football.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Went to Club Brugge v Kortrijk tonight. 1st v 6th in the Belgian top flight, finished 2-1 to Club Brugge. Pretty much sold out stadium and decent (English Championship probably) level of football.

Do they still share with Cercle Brugge?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Edgware v Harpenden yesterday in the Spartan South Midlands League.

A great effort by the groundstaff and volunteers to get this one on, even though they have a 3G pitch with the weather as it has been it required a rare pitch inspection at 12.

A cracking game which opened up in the second half saw the earlier efforts rewarded with a 3-1 home win, unfortunately there was only about 70 there. With this being one of only about 5 games on in the London area it was a shame they did not get the three figure crowd the officials were hoping for.

• Options

se9addick said:

Yeah, Cercle have a tiny little section of the stadium in their colours, the rest of it is decked out in blue and black for Club Brugge
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yeah, Cercle have a tiny little section of the stadium in their colours, the rest of it is decked out in blue and black for Club Brugge
    I saw Cercle play there in about '92, a few more at the game last night!
  • Options
    Slough Town this evening at their new ground