Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Groundhopping

Comments

• London Tigers share as well, they do not get as many as are there tonight.
  • shirty5 said:

Arrived at Morecambe to complete visiting the current 92 league grounds. Home v Cambridge this evening

Beers to celebrate a cracking tour around the country.
    In the club bar now
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Arrived at Morecambe to complete visiting the current 92 league grounds. Home v Cambridge this evening

In the club bar now
    Well earned
  • Sincil Bank on a wet (non-match) night.
  • Stig said:

Sincil Bank on a wet (non-match) night.

This does not count as a hop mate!
  • Stig said:

Sincil Bank on a wet (non-match) night.

This does not count as a hop mate!
    I'm not counting it. More, just highlighting what a mess it is.
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

In the club bar now
    Looks lively in there
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

In the club bar now
    Looks lively in there
    Was by the bar. 1.90 a pint
  • Some mediocre team called Arsenal, did alright despite some issues with their manager
  • edited April 2018
    Dereham v Hertford in the Bostik North yesterday.

Dereham is about 20 miles from Norwich but fortunately there are buses twice an hour and only takes 40 minutes to get there.

A basic ground with not much character but fortunately enough cover to protect us from the rain that came down for the entire 90 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone who hasn't ticked off Silver Jubilee Park in Kingsbury, why not come to Thursday's Isthmian play off semi-final between Hendon & Folkestone? Two very entertaining teams who shared a 3-3 a couple of months ago.
  • edited May 2018
    Worthing United v Lancing yesterday in the Sussex League.

The final game ended 1-0 to Lancing, which the Lancing Ultras enjoyed. With reconstruction next season it may well mean Worthing United go down with them finishing second from bottom.

A pleasant ground but bloody hard to find with it tucked behind a retail park on the outskirts of town.
  • edited July 2018
    My first game of the season took me to Eastbourne United to see the U23's last Saturday. Have been here before but a new ground with Charlton.

A nice tidy ground for the Conference South level, just a shame they could not make the effort to produce at least a team sheet in the absence of a programme.
  • My first game of the season took me to Eastbourne United to see the U23's last Saturday. Have been here before but a new ground with Charlton.

A nice tidy ground for the Conference South level, just a shame they could not make the effort to produce at least a team sheet in the absence of a programme.

Eastbourne borough that is formerly Langley sports
  • My first game of the season took me to Eastbourne United to see the U23's last Saturday. Have been here before but a new ground with Charlton.

Who groundshare there as well. They are in the Sussex Premier this season.

Who groundshare there as well. They are in the Sussex Premier this season.
    No they don’t it’s a completely different club, Langley wanderers we’re
    Formerly called shinewater,

Eastbourne borough who’s ground you went to Saturday we’re formely Langley sports up untill they reached the then southern premier,

Langley wanderers who ground share with Eastbourne borough were shinewater athletic up untill they reached the pinnacle of East Sussex league football and changed name to enter the County league.
  • Cockfosters v Newmarket last Saturday was my first hop of the season.

This FA Cup Extra Preliminary round saw Newmarket beat a 9 man home side 2-0.

This was non-league at It's best. The players using sticks to grab football's from the hedge separating from the cricket ground, and seeing one of the committee reading out the teams before the game!
  • Welling v Billericay tonight for me. Ended 0-3 .
  • cafc4life said:

Welling v Billericay tonight for me. Ended 0-3 .

Many from Essex?
  • Quite a few yeah
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

Quite a few yeah

It'll all end in tears for them.
  • cafc4life said:

Quite a few yeah

It'll all end in tears for them.
    So many backhanders being dished out there. Tamplin and co will get found out
  • Billericay are the new Hornchurch
  • edited August 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Billericay are the new Hornchurch

Years ago I think they paid many thousands for a player, prior to becoming AFC Hornchurch.

We played there pre-season in the early 90's.

Cockfosters v Newmarket last Saturday was my first hop of the season.

This FA Cup Extra Preliminary round saw Newmarket beat a 9 man home side 2-0.

This was non-league at It's best. The players using sticks to grab football's from the hedge separating from the cricket ground, and seeing one of the committee reading out the teams before the game!

Hartley wintney is like that... Ground is flat to watch with a very small stand. You can only view from 3/4 of the ground, behind one goal are very expensive houses. Evening matches have to kick off at 19.30 due to neighbours, but been to a few cup games over the years that went into ET. They have volunteers to collect the balls that go over the touchline fencing.
  • A cracking day out watching Arundel v Herne Bay in the preliminary round of the FA Cup.

A very one sided game with Herne Bay winning 7-1 in from of about 100, a good sprinkling travelling from Kent.
  • A cracking day out watching Arundel v Herne Bay in the preliminary round of the FA Cup.

A very one sided game with Herne Bay winning 7-1 in from of about 100, a good sprinkling travelling from Kent.

Players’ family?

Players’ family?
    Possibly so, at this level the majority of fans are friends and family of players.
  • What level do the teams play at (if conference north/ south = 6)?
  • Arundel are in the Sussex League whilst Herne Bay are in the Bostik South East.