Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Free Breakfast & Coach Travel to Sixfields

Comments

• The Club will lose money on this if only because they will have requested more than the normal allocation of tickets meaning you have to pay for them all irrespective of how many you sell. No way will they sell 1400 tickets. On the breakfast offer, how many get on at Charlton? Why are those getting boarding elsewhere being discriminated against?

Dream on
  • The normal route coaches are going via the Valley for the breakfast stop off according to the OS.
  • Will Roland be popping along?
  • Will Roland be popping along?

He's skinning the pig...
  • Fumbluff said:

Will Roland be popping along?

He's skinning the pig...
    Well, he's been skinning Charlton alive for the last 3 years' so he may as well.
  • The Club will lose money on this if only because they will have requested more than the normal allocation of tickets meaning you have to pay for them all irrespective of how many you sell. No way will they sell 1400 tickets. On the breakfast offer, how many get on at Charlton? Why are those getting boarding elsewhere being discriminated against?

The last line is very valid, another ill thought out scheme.
  • RedPanda said:

I'm cancelling my Belgium trip, the lure of leaving Dartford 6 hours and 20 minutes before kickoff so I can have a roll & juice in SE7 is too much.

You'll be able to get to Sint-Truiden quicker.
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

F@ck the coach ,some breakfast a bacon roll

Why not pay all the people travelling to Northampton £100 and have done with it? Ridiculous and pathetic because it is obvious why they are doing it - will only make more people want to go to Belgium and teh numbers going to Northampton are limited to the numbers of tickets. I'm glad we have some people going to support the team too - they are fellow supporters and not the enemy but I'm going to Belgium.

MuttleyCAFC the club are not going to sit back and do nothing.
    Why not? That's exactly what they've been doing for the last 3 years :wink:
    Post of the week, Ricky !

@clb74 - yes, they're putting on 5 coaches. Smacks of desperation to me, and b*gger the cost !
    I must admit I'm starting to get the hump a bit with the club if you want to lay on free coaches for supporters do it because you want to roland, not because your trying to get one over on the Belgium trip
    The penny finally dropped now I see.

Elfs have you emailed the club yet to ask if you can pick up the free bacon roll,would be unlike you to miss out on a free be
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

The Club will lose money on this if only because they will have requested more than the normal allocation of tickets meaning you have to pay for them all irrespective of how many you sell. No way will they sell 1400 tickets. On the breakfast offer, how many get on at Charlton? Why are those getting boarding elsewhere being discriminated against?

Elfs have you emailed the club yet to ask if you can pick up the free bacon roll,would be unlike you to miss out on a free be
    I'm now on the 12.54 from Euston so I can take advantage of this very kind offer.
  • Your on the 9.54

I reckon this will sell out or at least be close

• Croydon said:

The Club will lose money on this if only because they will have requested more than the normal allocation of tickets meaning you have to pay for them all irrespective of how many you sell. No way will they sell 1400 tickets. On the breakfast offer, how many get on at Charlton? Why are those getting boarding elsewhere being discriminated against?

Will sell out
  • clb74 said:

Your on the 9.54

Only if you buy me breakfast.
  • Croydon said:

Sell out due to new ground syndrome........and the breakfast.
  • clb74 said:

Your on the 9.54

I'm right about you having scouser in you
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Your on the 9.54

I'm right about you having scouser in you
    ???????
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

That's a Premier League rule, designed to address stadiums where home areas sell out. It doesn't exist to my knowledge in the FL and if Charlton had any sense they would have asked Northampton to chip in for the coaches as well. I don't think 1,400 is beyond us, depending on results in the meantime. We took more to Oxford, which wasn't a completely new ground, and that was oversubscribed.

Nobody's being discriminated against - if you get on at Larkfied they are offering the full two-hour patented tour via Gravesend, Dartford, Bexleyheath, Bromley and Eltham, before an hour's wait at Charlton where you get "breakfast". Three hours after setting off from Larkfield, you finally head to Northampton. I doubt if that will be an attractive option to many. If I lived in the Maidstone area I think I'd drive to Charlton or straight to Northampton, but that's the deal.
  • 8:55 from Bexleyheath? Isn't Northampton just up the M1? Have I missed something?
  • Say it with flowers
  • edited February 2017
    Loved that song Marie Osmond sung it. ;)

Say it with flowers

• HandG said:

8:55 from Bexleyheath? Isn't Northampton just up the M1? Have I missed something?

No, you're still ok mate, it doesn't leave until Saturday :wink:
  • I start shaking and crying when I think of the coach,
    Thought larkfield was down near Dymchurch when I saw the set off times, don't know if our fellow supporters need a medal or a straight jacket
  • Fumbluff said:

Will Roland be popping along?

He's skinning the pig...
    Well there's a whole new thread in itself. If you were on an aeroplane that crashed and your only means of survival was to eat Roland.... well, seriously, would you?!
  • HandG said:

8:55 from Bexleyheath? Isn't Northampton just up the M1? Have I missed something?

Lady T is going to be on that coach - you have to listen to 3 90 min long sets before it departs.
  • HandG said:

Yeah, breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • clb74 said:

I start shaking and crying when I think of the coach,
    Thought larkfield was down near Dymchurch when I saw the set off times, don't know if our fellow supporters need a medal or a straight jacket

You're still traumatised from Fleetwood.