Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Free Breakfast & Coach Travel to Sixfields

Comments

• Options

A free bacon roll for breakfast.

Can anyone clarfiy whether they will be offering alternatives for any muslim Charlton fans or vegetarians? Or will they be forced to forgo breakfast that morning.

They can have a roll with butter sorted

Well, I'm veggie but not vegan (I don't have the pointy ears)... so I guess it's Roland butter (guffaw)... sorry, I'll get me coat.....
  • Options
    Bacon roll and a juice, that's not breakfast Roland us Brits do breakfast properly, eggs, bacon, sausages, fried slice, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, black pudding, baked beans cup of tea and fruit juice.

We also know how to do football as well, not half arsed like you.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We haven't the faintest idea what we're doing, can you customers give us some suggestions ? There's a bacon roll in it for you !
  • Options
    Next time we've got a game on sky, commentary;

"I've been informed that the Charlton fans were offered a free breakfast before the Northampton game. Clearly 2 sides to this story.
    The club treats them well yet they protest"
  • Options

Why not pay all the people travelling to Northampton £100 and have done with it? Ridiculous and pathetic because it is obvious why they are doing it - will only make more people want to go to Belgium and teh numbers going to Northampton are limited to the numbers of tickets. I'm glad we have some people going to support the team too - they are fellow supporters and not the enemy but I'm going to Belgium.

Unless they throw in an extra sausage! Then I would have to re-consider of course!
  • Options
    What a sad bunch running the club.
  • Options

Bacon roll and a juice, that's not breakfast Roland us Brits do breakfast properly, eggs, bacon, sausages, fried slice, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, black pudding, baked beans cup of tea and fruit juice.

We also know how to do football as well, not half arsed like you.

Can I have mine without the black pudding and an extra suasage please! Oh, and a nice round of toast - both white and brown.
  • Options
    I wonder if a coach has ever missed a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Remember hearing a story about Tranmere away under Parky when they missed first half of the match.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

The last time I got a coach was to an away game at Wycombe. After spending 2 hours driving around NW Kent and SE London picking up one person here, and one person there, when we finally got to the M25 the driver announced he had been driving too long and had to stop. We went into the services for an hour, and missed kick off. Never been again by coach. They cannot organise the proverbial piss -up in a brewery.

Of course this has happened down the years, as it has to people travelling by car and train. I got to Sheffield Wednesday in 2011/12 at half-time because of train problems. One of 16 coaches coach travelling to Sheffield United in 1992 didn't get there until the last ten minutes because it broke down. Tranmere has more than once been a problem, including by car.

I went by coach to Wycombe for the game STLeonards is referring to and we had people get off and walk up the road in order to get in before kick-off, which has also happened at Colchester in the past, but the main problem at Wycombe that evening was congestion on the route / arguably departure time, not the number of pick-ups. There's no way there were two hours of pick ups, neither is it reasonable to link that to the current club operation (nobody at the club then is still involved and it is a different coach company). You can blame me if you like, though!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

The last time I got a coach was to an away game at Wycombe. After spending 2 hours driving around NW Kent and SE London picking up one person here, and one person there, when we finally got to the M25 the driver announced he had been driving too long and had to stop. We went into the services for an hour, and missed kick off. Never been again by coach. They cannot organise the proverbial piss -up in a brewery.

Remember this well @STLeonards we jumped off the coach in the road up to the stadium legged it and just made the KO. 2-1 to us IIRC BWP got both and Andy Hughes in midfield that night?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    RedChaser said:

Remember this well @STLeonards we jumped off the coach in the road up to the stadium legged it and just made the KO. 2-1 to us IIRC BWP got both and Andy Hughes in midfield that night?
    The driver stop only makes sense to me if it was a Rambler coach from Hastings, which is also my recollection, because drivers are allowed 4.5 hours without a break from their depot, which in the case of earliest NW Kent and SE London pick-ups for that match (and Reliance/Redwing) would have taken him well past kick-off time. The most we'd ever have asked a Rambler to do locally is three, but usually it would be fewer than that. Without any it wouldn't have been viable to run it from Hastings.
  • Options
    Wasn't there a story about a coach to Liverppol or Everton which after the game managed to pink up a Liverpool drunk and take him back to Charlton!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Wasn't there a story about a coach to Liverppol or Everton which after the game managed to pink up a Liverpool drunk and take him back to Charlton!

You know them scallywags Mutts anything for a freebie :wink:
  • Options
    Im sure it was in the 80s. I think he must have got a shock when he sobered up!
  • Options
    Was on a coach to Liverpool with my dad in the late 80s when we broke down on the way to Anfield. I don't remember which game or what year, I was very young. Under 5. Probably 1987-89
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Nothing wrong in that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017

RedChaser said:

Nothing wrong in that.
    Blimey nothing wrong with your radar either is there Elfs :wink:
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

Was on a coach to Liverpool with my dad in the late 80s when we broke down on the way to Anfield. I don't remember which game or what year, I was very young. Under 5. Probably 1987-89

If it was the one I was on it was 1989/90. It was a Junior Reds coach and we never got to see any of the game.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

el-pietro said:

If it was the one I was on it was 1989/90. It was a Junior Reds coach and we never got to see any of the game.
    Can't even blame Bill Treadgold then . . .
  • Options
    Who was on the Lewis one to Roker park early nineties that had a cracked exhaust? I fell asleep and woke up to the whole coach full of fumes! They got it to the services where Eddie repaired it with a bandage and a ripped up coke can. It got us to the match (just) pulling up with smoke pouring out of the back.
  • Options
    Grimsby on a Friday night during the Championship winning season-after leaving Charlton at about midday, we eventually arrived at half time and the first thing we saw was an equaliser from them although we went on to win 5-2. Made a vow that night never to travel by coach again and, other than a couple of games when no trains have been available, think I've just about stuck to it.
  • Options

Of course this has happened down the years, as it has to people travelling by car and train. I got to Sheffield Wednesday in 2011/12 at half-time because of train problems. One of 16 coaches coach travelling to Sheffield United in 1992 didn't get there until the last ten minutes because it broke down. Tranmere has more than once been a problem, including by car.

I went by coach to Wycombe for the game STLeonards is referring to and we had people get off and walk up the road in order to get in before kick-off, which has also happened at Colchester in the past, but the main problem at Wycombe that evening was congestion on the route / arguably departure time, not the number of pick-ups. There's no way there were two hours of pick ups, neither is it reasonable to link that to the current club operation (nobody at the club then is still involved and it is a different coach company). You can blame me if you like, though!
    I was on that coach what a glorious waste of time. Got sent into a home stand by stewards and while sitting there quietly some locals got agitated by having such interlopers near them (they were 3-0 up). Some shoving and pushing started in front of me and someone blocked my view of the consolation goal.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Nothing wrong in that.
    Blimey nothing wrong with your radar either is there Elfs :wink:
    Get off the bloody phone, you're meant to be on holiday.
  • Options

You must remember Grimsby, few saw our goals in the first half.
  • Options
    I remember coming back from Sheff Utd on the coach after the FA Cup game and somehow it got lost - twice - on both ocassions the driver managed to take us past London City airport and seemed to think we were somehow going to cross the thames via the ferry which wasn't running at that time of evening.

I was also on the Wycombe coach that stopped at the Clackett Lane services M25 having only got on at Bexleyheath and only got to the ground just in time having jumped off the coach and ran as others have said.

Was late once for Tranmere away in the mid-90s when we drew 2-2 but only missed the first 10 mins or so no real harm done in the end.

Preston away last season was a bit odd, a chap joined our coach for the return journey back to London claiming he'd been left behind at Charlton! - no idea how he made his way up in the end.
  • Options
    Broke down once on the way back from Boro and we had to sit in a pub for about four hours whilst a replacement coach was sent to pick us up.