Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Oxley RIP - Can you help?

Comments

• Options
    Well done everyone. Just donated my £10. I'm sure it will reach the target.

So a trainee nurse who is on placement for THIRTY hours a week has to work for no money? How many hours a week does Carlos Tevez work?
  • Options
    RIP Ian. Just donated and shared. Well done fellas for getting this off the ground.
  • Options
    Donated
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

May not seem like a lot to you @rananegra but every penny is huge towards Beccy I'm sure.

Shows how powerful a site like this can be.

The shame of it is, the benefits system is so screwed, someone in this situation needs our help.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

How does this look, just knocked it up very quickly

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/andrew-buckland

Well done for setting this up I have just donated.
    RIP Ian
  • Options
    Yes well done indeed, have also donated.
  • Options
    Well done everyone, woken up to £627 already with £20 to go on from someone who's paying my paypal.

Hope everyone's feeling warm and fuzzy this valentines ;-)
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Well done everyone, woken up to £627 already with £20 to go on from someone who's paying my paypal.

Hope everyone's feeling warm and fuzzy this valentines ;-)

Thanks for doing that for me.
  • Options
    Great to see the just giving page doing so well.

The thing is if I was Roland or Katrien or whoever, I would see this as a great idea for trying to win over a few fans and pay for the funeral. As this is is a one off story.

I mean what is a couple of grand to them?
    Just my thinking anyway.

If pigs could fly....
  • Options
    Anyone thought to let the mail etc know what's happening on here? Will donate shortly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone thought to let the mail etc know what's happening on here? Will donate shortly.

I contacted the reporter, as certain aspects of the article which was false. To be fair, he responded this morning:

"Hi Nathan. Apologies for early message, I'm on the crack of dawn shift. The story about Beccy was syndicated to us via the liverpool echo, a common process in national news, who we were led to believe did speak to Beccy thus the quotes. Could you email me at joseph.curtis@mailonline.co.uk with your concerns and I'll see what I can do?"

I spoke to Beccy last night, and sent the above to her also. Not sure what can be done, but at least Beccy can send the facts over to him, and hopefully he can retrospectively amend. I've also emailed him the just giving page, hopefully he can put that in a story of somewhat.
  • Options
    Is it worth contacting local papers as well to spread the word?
  • Options
    Emailing the link to him was what I was thinking off, I'm a Luddite and haven't got a clue how to do it. Be nice if the facts can be amended as well. Thanks.
  • Options
    Could be an idea, will send to Rich, he should be able to RT and hopefully help spread
  • Options
    RIP just donated. Good work everyone. And good luck in the future Becky.
  • Options
    Donated. R.I.P Ian x
  • Options
    Donated. RIP Ian.
  • Options
    Will donate later today
  • Options
    Just waking up as off to Oldham later

£777 I saw - great effort from everyone. Well done all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done for arranging this. RIP Ian
  • Options
    Thanks for sorting this out Andrew and have duly donated.

RIP Ian & good luck to Becky with her nursing career.
  • Options

The thing is if I was Roland or Katrien or whoever, I would see this as a great idea for trying to win over a few fans and pay for the funeral. As this is is a one off story.

Just my thinking anyway.

If pigs could fly....

let's not allow this to become a pro or anti regime argument and so deflect from the good cause.

No your right.
    But you must see my point surely.
  • Options
    Done
  • Options

Just my thinking anyway.

If pigs could fly....

let's not allow this to become a pro or anti regime argument and so deflect from the good cause.

No your right.
    Ad, as you say it would be nice for them to contribute as others have done. I just think, like Henry, we shouldn't turn this into another thread or topic re: the regime, as it could detract from the momentum. I'm not saying that's you or what you intended, but sometimes these things do digress

Thanks if you've donated and for your support
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    cabbles said:

Just my thinking anyway.

If pigs could fly....

No your right.
    Ad, as you say it would be nice for them to contribute as others have done. I just think, like Henry, we shouldn't turn this into another thread or topic re: the regime, as it could detract from the momentum. I'm not saying that's you or what you intended, but sometimes these things do digress

Thanks if you've donated and for your support
    Yeah very true that apologies.

I have indeed. Your doing a great job all for a brilliant cause.
  • Options
    Wow, what a great bunch you all are, very generous people.

Less than 12 hours in and we are almost at 50% already, fantastic stuff, keep it coming guys and girls.
  • Options

Wow... Huge thanks to Rob Munro (Guessing thats @BobMunro) for donating £500
    Wow indeed, that is so generous