Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Oxley RIP - Can you help?

Comments

• Options

May have missed it but has the Club responded yet?

Not that I've seen but to be fair it was all done before most of them would have got to the Valley this morning!
  • Options

I hope @Rob7Lee or @cabbles can let the Daily Mail know and remind the idiots commenting on the Mail articles that the stone pictured wasn't a grave stone.

@_nam11 was in touch with the reporter, might make sense for him to update him if he doesn't mind. Be good to feed it back up to the Liverpool echo as well
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I am in agreement cabbles.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

I think a number of papers/radio has picked this up, she's going to be a busy lady!!

Well done mate. Also thinking more about Seth's point earlier, and this is just my opinion, but any excess that she wanted to keep toward her studies I would whole heartedly be in favour of.

I know it will be a difficult decision, but I don't think any of us would begrudge her that on the basis that at the time, before all this she would've been going through hell trying to plan the funeral given the circumstance.

Sometimes you just need a little break and a little luck and she hasn't had much of that recently. I think an excess going toward her studies would be a fitting use of people's donations. Just my personal opinion
    Agree 100% , added to the fact that she's doing her studies to be a nurse and to help those in need - this is her Time of need and should support her in achieving something her dad would have been proud of!
    Never know, one of us may be in hospital being looked after by Becky one day!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I have just had the chance to catch up with this story and have donated.

I just hope George Cole's daughter does not pick up on this :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Done @Rob7Lee and @cabbles for getting this up and running so quickly, and others for their generosity.
    I agree with what left should go Beccy for her studies.
    RIP Ian
  • Options
    I'm another who would like his daughter to receive any excess - she obviously needs it more than most.
  • Options
    This is what makes me so happy to be a member of Charlton Life, what a great bunch of people
  • Options

I'm another who would like his daughter to receive any excess - she obviously needs it more than most.

I would also agree.
  • Options
    Donated - Charlton at it's best here.
  • Options
    I have donated and also agree with his daughter receiving any excess.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I would also agree.
    sam here...good on you Bob
  • Options
    Made a small contribution to this and agree regarding any excess
  • Options
    I donated earlier. This is what makes Charlton fans special, we always stump up for a good cause, or one of our own, even if we never knew them. This is what makes us "weird" Kat, something you'll never understand.
  • Options
    105 people (and counting) have rallied round so far and chipped in. That number seems just as impressive as the fact that the money was raised in so short a time.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/andrew-buckland

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm more than happy for any excess to go to Beccy to use as she sees fit.
    RIP Ian.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Done, well done all those that set the ball rolling and those that donated. Happy for any excess to help with Beckys studies at this very sad time.
    RIP Ian.
  • Options
    done - also happy for the excess to go towards Becky's studies
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I will discuss with Beccy. Obviously this is the funeral bill (she had managed to pay £600 so owes £2899, the funeral director has sent me the invoice now) however she has suffered other costs due to distances and the like so her overdraft is more than a bit 'used' shall we say and believe she's been living in unheated accommodation (due to costs) and on beans and rice!.

I don't think I can extract the money until the page closes, and people have asked we leave it open for a while, i'm happy to pay the bill and sort out after.

Well done everyone, heart warming to say the least, Beccy wants to hug you all, she's hoping to get to a home game soon so I will let everyone know as I'm sure she'd like to meet a number of you. her fathers ashes will also be scattered at the Valley at some point.

Top work @Rob7Lee and everyone who donated. once again showing that the core of this Charlton family is the best in the world.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

I think a number of papers/radio has picked this up, she's going to be a busy lady!!

Well done mate. Also thinking more about Seth's point earlier, and this is just my opinion, but any excess that she wanted to keep toward her studies I would whole heartedly be in favour of.

I know it will be a difficult decision, but I don't think any of us would begrudge her that on the basis that at the time, before all this she would've been going through hell trying to plan the funeral given the circumstance.

Sometimes you just need a little break and a little luck and she hasn't had much of that recently. I think an excess going toward her studies would be a fitting use of people's donations. Just my personal opinion
    Agree 100% , added to the fact that she's doing her studies to be a nurse and to help those in need - this is her Time of need and should support her in achieving something her dad would have been proud of!
    Never know, one of us may be in hospital being looked after by Becky one day!
    That's a really good way to look at it. Happy with whatever Beccy and @Rob7Lee decide to do for the best.

• Options

Me too.
  • Options
    Donated. Truly incredible response. RIP Ian.
  • Options
    Best Fans in the world. Will donate tonight
  • Options
    Notice a "Steve Brown" has donated on the Just Giving page - is it THE Steve brown?