Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ghosts

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Brian Cox, shit on the keyboard, shit scientist, ghosts rule okay
  • Leuth said:

We had a thread about this a while ago. I am a total sceptic but had a very very scary experience a few years ago that has made me think very seriously about what I believe.

Were you the guy who was recognised by the bloke you helped to save?
    No. I was the one who had a very strange experience in the middle of the night in a hotel in the West Midlands (ok guys, fill your boots). Long story with a number of twists. I'm still a sceptic but there are a few coincidences and things I couldn't explain.
    id like to read, where was the thread please
    Two or three years ago I guess. Happy to recount the story again if it can't be found (but it's a long one so it would be good if you could find it)
    Sorry pal, couldn't find it, no dramas though.
    Think it's in a different thread. I'll have a root around tomorrow and write it up again if I can't find it.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

purdis said:

As an ex interviewee for the role of Secretary of the Derek Acorah fan club..,

Let me stop you there.
    Wasn't he the bloke who was sacked because he was set up and proved to be a complete fraud? Funnily enough someone told me about this yesterday in the pub.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

purdis said:

Let me stop you there.
    Wasn't he the bloke who was sacked because he was set up and proved to be a complete fraud? Funnily enough someone told me about this yesterday in the pub.
    Yeah the producers fed him a name which was an anagram of Dereck Faker or something like that, and it turned out to be a ghost. Spooky.

Also:

https://youtu.be/2ZCChwZL17A

• Stig said:

Derek1952 said:

As Professor Brian Cox as said that Ghosts do no exist,how many people actually believe him.Is so can he prove that God does not exist.

The burden of proof is on the believer not the other way around. Anything else is the way of madness.

Has there ever been any serious evidence of ghosts or gods? Absolutely not, because they are a fiction. 1-0 to Professor Cox.
    Er the bible. Check mate atheists.
    Where's the "A bunch of fairy stories isn't evidence" button?
  • purdis said:

As an ex interviewee for the role of Secretary of the Derek Acorah fan club, I must object vehemently to the levels of scepticism and cynicism on this forum.

'Most Haunted' was compelling viewing with endless examples of supernatural existence, so they told us.

Scientists will always be black and white in their conclusions - that is what they do, the way they think. They have to have a solution to an equation.

I've had two experiences, both non-alcohol related and both would make even sceptics think carefully.

I believe I have seen at least one ghost when we lived at our house near Stockport in the 80's -subsequent investigations came up with some fascinating unknowns which supported the possibility.

Most recently, only last October, my Mrs and I were staying in a hotel in Painswick in the Cotswolds - a late Tudor mansion.
    We had an original room with wide, creaky oak floorboards and a 20 ft walk from the bed to the en suite.

Deep into the night, I was awoken by the sound of creaking floorboards.
    I'd closed the bathroom door before lights out but left the bathroom light on so my wife didn't trip on the step up into the bathroom as she had a broken wrist at the time.

The creaking floorboards sounded distinctly like there was somebody walking across the floor from the bed to the bathroom.

The bathroom door then opened - and opened wide and full.

I leaned across to give the wife a squeeze just in case my eyesight was faltering and, sure enough, she was next to me.

I put the bedside light on, it was 3.45 am.

That was the end of it but I swear, as sure as eggs is eggs, it really happened.

That's your evidence for ghosts, is it? Creaking floorboards in an old building?
  • edited February 2017
    I suppose it is a bit like religion. I know they don't exist and there is unfortunately no God. Others know there is and they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

JiMMy 85 said:

purdis said:

Let me stop you there.
    Yeah the producers fed him a name which was an anagram of Dereck Faker or something like that, and it turned out to be a ghost. Spooky.

Also:

Even those that believe in ghosts know this is all fake rubbish. I'd love to set one of those places up so they thought there were real ghosts in there. They would sh*t themselves!
  • Don't let Doris give you the willies.
  • Can all the sceptics give it a rest please? It was the deluded believers who made the last ghost thread so hilarious.
  • se9addick said:

purdis said:

As an ex interviewee for the role of Secretary of the Derek Acorah fan club, I must object vehemently to the levels of scepticism and cynicism on this forum.

'Most Haunted' was compelling viewing with endless examples of supernatural existence, so they told us.

Scientists will always be black and white in their conclusions - that is what they do, the way they think. They have to have a solution to an equation.

I've had two experiences, both non-alcohol related and both would make even sceptics think carefully.

I believe I have seen at least one ghost when we lived at our house near Stockport in the 80's -subsequent investigations came up with some fascinating unknowns which supported the possibility.

Most recently, only last October, my Mrs and I were staying in a hotel in Painswick in the Cotswolds - a late Tudor mansion.
    We had an original room with wide, creaky oak floorboards and a 20 ft walk from the bed to the en suite.

I'd closed the bathroom door before lights out but left the bathroom light on so my wife didn't trip on the step up into the bathroom as she had a broken wrist at the time.

The creaking floorboards sounded distinctly like there was somebody walking across the floor from the bed to the bathroom.

I leaned across to give the wife a squeeze just in case my eyesight was faltering and, sure enough, she was next to me.

That was the end of it but I swear, as sure as eggs is eggs, it really happened.

Funny how so many of these type of experiences take place in the middle of the night when people are half asleep.
    Not necessarily so..
    A few years ago I was cleaning the offices of one of the old Woolwich Dockyard buildings about 6ish.
    I was alone and had the keys to lock up when finished. While hoovering a woman in black walked past a doorway at the end of the corridor so I stopped and went to tell whoever it was that i'd be locking up soon.
    There was no one there but I involuntarily shivered. I had a look around but no one else was in the building.

Anyway, I told the staff the next day and they told me about a woman who died there in a fire in the late 1800s.
    I didn't think `ghost' at all. It was real.
  • edited February 2017
    Surely all the proof anyone needs,
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmhiiVHaTtQ
  • I am so gullible that I thought Rentaghost was a documentary till 2007!
  • JaShea99 said:

Do people ever see ghosts of people who have died a few weeks or even months ago? They always seem to be from around the late 1800s/early 1900s.

Bit like regression. Always a soldier in the court of Cleopatra or live in a castle of Henry VIII.

Never an accounts clerk in a small shop.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

purdis said:

Funny how so many of these type of experiences take place in the middle of the night when people are half asleep.
    I forgot to mention that it happened just after I'd counted the three hundred and ninety third sheep.
  • purdis said:

That's your evidence for ghosts, is it? Creaking floorboards in an old building?

The bathroom door opened on its own - it was shut at the point the creaking started and then it was wide open and I saw it open on its own - and we'd left the light on, as I said so I saw it as clear as ....night.
    We did not have a window open as it was bloody cold that night.
  • Derek1952 said:

As Professor Brian Cox as said that Ghosts do no exist,how many people actually believe him.Is so can he prove that God does not exist.

You should have to prove that things exist not that they do not.
  • purdis said:

purdis said:

The bathroom door opened on its own - it was shut at the point the creaking started and then it was wide open and I saw it open on its own - and we'd left the light on, as I said so I saw it as clear as ....night.
    So it's very likely that because the windows were shut and most likely heating was on, there was an increase in humidity meaning the moisture in the air causes the wooden floor boards to increase slightly in size meaning they make a noise. If the same happens to the door then it can cause it to also move.
  • purdis said:

purdis said:

So it's very likely that because the windows were shut and most likely heating was on, there was an increase in humidity meaning the moisture in the air causes the wooden floor boards to increase slightly in size meaning they make a noise. If the same happens to the door then it can cause it to also move.
    Exactly!
  • Surely all the proof anyone needs,
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmhiiVHaTtQ

Wow.....
  • McBobbin said:

JiMMy 85 said:

purdis said:

Let me stop you there.

Also:

That's brilliant. Haha.

• "Female Spectral Prostitute". Never imagined I would ever hear those words. Only to be topped by, "A Ghostly No Hand Job".