Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghosts

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    se9addick said:

cabbles said:

What about aliens? How do we feel about aliens? Serious question.

Ancient aliens is a massive guilty pleasure of mine. Obviously the experts (tsoukalos et al) skew everything to their point of view, but some of the questions they ask of ancient monuments, pretty intriguing I find

Aliens (as in life on other planets) exist, they have never visited earth however and didn't help build the pyramids etc
    You sound very sure, so I guess you must be quite an authority on the matter.

However, ancient literature contains plentiful references of experiences they could only describe with the limited understanding of their day.

There are too many references worldwide for it just to be a figment of imagination.

I think we are aliens

Maybe, this is the answer!

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Stig said:

Derek1952 said:

As Professor Brian Cox as said that Ghosts do no exist,how many people actually believe him.Is so can he prove that God does not exist.

The burden of proof is on the believer not the other way around. Anything else is the way of madness.

Has there ever been any serious evidence of ghosts or gods? Absolutely not, because they are a fiction. 1-0 to Professor Cox.
    But then it's impossible to prove that they don't exist, which is a valid argument.

I'm pretty sure there's something that has been disproved in every religious text though. Personally I'm surprised that people still believe there is a God who loves everyone when there's so much inequality and vile stuff going on in the world. You would have to be pretty twisted to create a world with the aim of judging people to see where they should spend their after life.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cabbles said:

Ancient aliens is a massive guilty pleasure of mine. Obviously the experts (tsoukalos et al) skew everything to their point of view, but some of the questions they ask of ancient monuments, pretty intriguing I find

Aliens (as in life on other planets) exist, they have never visited earth however and didn't help build the pyramids etc
    Aliens must exist due to probability and the size of universe.

Scientists proved a few years ago that you could in theory have nitrogen based lifeform which would be able to live in far colder climates than our carbon based life form. All organisms needing water doesn't seem right in my limited knowledge.

I do like the film men in black as there is a chance (again with the earlier disproving is a valid argument :wink: ) that we have been visited and it is a government secret!
  • Options

The search for extrasolar planets fascinates me. I am likely never be able to understand the maths behind it of course but it does set the old imagination going. Afrer all i don't have football to follow at the moment.

Hopefully you saw this soapy

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/seven-planets-not-aliens-nasa-earth-space-science/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_tw20170222news-earhtplanets&utm_campaign=Content&sf58012544=1

I understand what you mean about not having a mathematical brain as I certainly don't, but astronomy, physics and the universe is a passion of mine

The universe in our hands by Christoph Galtard is a great book for explaining a lot of what's gone on in the world of physics right up to modern day theories, but in easy to understand terms

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Right.....who is going to start the Bigfoot thread?
  • Options
    Story.
    Mad Micheal from mid Norfolk came from a close knit family, in a very close knit community.
    Years ago there was little entertainment in mid Norfolk and, lets just say that brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles were all very close.
    You get the picture.
    Mad Micheal decided to take a rare trip to Norwich.
    Gone With The Wind was showing at the cinema and Mad Micheal joined the back of the long queue to see the popular film.
    Unfortunately Micheal's sight was not that good and he mistakenly joined a queue for a seance.
    Inside the hall, poor Micheal his hearing as bad as his sight, struggled from the back of the crowd
    to hear the proceedings
    "How many people here have seen a ghost"? said the man on the stage overseeing the proceedings.
    Micheal with many other people eagerly thrust his arm in the air.
    "How many people have touched a ghost"?
    Micheal again thrust his arm in the air along with fewer people.
    "How many of you have made love to a ghost"? said the excited man.
    Micheal again thrust his arm in the air, the only person in the crowded hall to respond.
    "Come down onto the stage and explain" said the man.
    Micheal made his way through the inquisitive crowd to the stage.
    "Now" said the man,"explain to the audience how you made love to a ghost".
    "I thought you said has anyone seen a goat said mad Micheal.
  • Options

The search for extrasolar planets fascinates me. I am likely never be able to understand the maths behind it of course but it does set the old imagination going. Afrer all i don't have football to follow at the moment.

I'm always on the lookout for a Mars or a Milky Way
  • Options
    Re: Ghosts, I believe that people see them but don't believe that they're there. We're programmed to see human form (and especially faces) in things, especially if we're spooked and on high alert. There's also a lot of social conditioning about spirits and gods and ghosts and things - so when our brain tries to make sense of something odd, that's where people end up some of the time.

If they existed we'd have some evidence of one by now.

From a story-telling point of view though, love a ghost story - and ghost horror movies are probably the only ones that can fully creep me out.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Hopefully you saw this soapy

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/seven-planets-not-aliens-nasa-earth-space-science/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_tw20170222news-earhtplanets&utm_campaign=Content&sf58012544=1

I understand what you mean about not having a mathematical brain as I certainly don't, but astronomy, physics and the universe is a passion of mine

The universe in our hands by Christoph Galtard is a great book for explaining a lot of what's gone on in the world of physics right up to modern day theories, but in easy to understand terms

Yep that sort of stuff fascinates me. The possibilties for life in the galaxy are endless but the distances too far that we will only ever see microbial green gunk if we are lucky.

So we will have to make do with Belgians!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So if the bible is proof that god exists then surely Lord of the Rings is proof of middle earth?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

se9addick said:

cabbles said:

You sound very sure, so I guess you must be quite an authority on the matter.

You know he was "probed" for 3 days. How can you be so cruel?
  • Options
    You don't have to fully understand the maths to appreciate that there is alien life out there and there is absolutely no chance we will ever meet it. There is a minute chance we may find evidence but there is another dimension in this which is time which makes the odds even greater. There is a much greater knowledge that the ingredients for life are common so it is the odds on us being the only ones that are very small.
  • Options

You don't have to fully understand the maths to appreciate that there is alien life out there and there is absolutely no chance we will ever meet it. There is a minute chance we may find evidence but there is another dimension in this which is time which makes the odds even greater. There is a much greater knowledge that the ingredients for life are common so it is the odds on us being the only ones that are very small.

wot?
  • Options
    They don't exist. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Talal said:

They don't exist. Hope that helps.

Ghosts or aliens?
  • Options
    Ghosts
  • Options
    What about alien ghosts?