Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For those still attending - at what point will you stop going?

Can't imagine anyone gets any enjoyment anymore - how close are you to throwing in the towel?

I sat through today's game and can honestly say I felt nothing when we lost. Dreadful game, zero atmosphere and seems like nobody including the players wanted to be there.

Not sure if I want to go back....

Comments

• Options
    Don't. The only way these idiots will get the message is if everyone stops going.
  • Options
    I have a season ticket but will probably only attend 2 more matches this season which will be my last until they go.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I can't imagine me stopping unless there was no longer a team called Charlton Athletic playing in the borough of Greenwich

Did you stop going when they were at Selhurst or Upton Park? I didn't but i have stopped going now
  • Options

Don't. The only way these idiots will get the message is if everyone stops going.

Sadly I dont think they'll care if the ground is empty - we're getting ever closer to that.
  • Options
    I started going while we were at selhurst too. My patience is now wearing thin.....
  • Options
    Cricket season usually kills the last game or two for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

'Not sure if I want to go back'
    Don't go back then if you don't want you.
    No need to open a thread about it, you fucking drama queen.
    Sorry.

Hey girlfriend how dare you call me a drama queen! I'll scratch your eyes out...
  • Options
    Seen the grand total of 4 games this season, 3 at home, 1 away. Not goals scored. That's it for me. Rat/squirrel out.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Today was the first football for a fiver I've ever missed. I've been quite a bit home and away this season but don't plan to go to another game until August now. This season was done and dusted a couple of weeks ago. Absolute monumental disaster that we're not even in contention for the playoffs when we're still only in Feb.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for anyone who bought a half season ticket.....You guys should be refunded.
  • Options
    Haven't been home or away this season. Went to two early home games last season before starting my home boycott and then a few away. Don't blame people for still going but this no longer feels my club.
  • Options
    I'm gonna stop going if the North Upper carry on singing that god awful new 'Manc' composed, Herman's Hermits, 'I'm into Something Good' shit song!! Stop it, its awful and it belongs to those northern monkeys.
  • Options
    I couldn't make the last two games but I'll be back, however the truth is it's more about keeping in touch with mates - the football side has been so bad for so long it's almost irrelevant.

However you look at it we are in a real mess, I like to think there's enough in the squad to avoid serious trouble, but I worry that Robinson could send us into freefall; he's beginning to resemble Pardew when it started slipping through his fingers, random combinations thrown together hoping something will work.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I said the same thing last season and ended up renewing but I can't take much more. The Valley has been a pretty poisonous place for years (even before the regime) and, as the team reaches new lows that I didn't think were possible, the toxicity is only going to get worse and I don't really want that negativity in my life. I also find myself not really caring about the result too much these days and more disappointed about seeing the players and managers booed off than the actual outcome. Not calling anyone out over that because they haven't deserved anything less this week but I just hate seeing it. My son has often been a persuasive factor (and the reason we ended up going again this afternoon) but the "character building" line I spout is wearing thin and he didn't enjoy today one iota either.

Got baby number four due in August so that should be extra motivation to stay away.
  • Options

I'm gonna stop going if the North Upper carry on singing that god awful new 'Manc' composed, Herman's Hermits, 'I'm into Something Good' shit song!! Stop it, its awful and it belongs to those northern monkeys.

Totally agree.

"Robinson's got us playing the way we should"

Has he fuck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't go games like a few others at the moment. Pisses me right off the way the club is at this point. Hate the way fans are giving up but can't blame you after watching dire performances.
    Keep the loyalty, dig in, we will rise again.
    As for the powers that be ... we are here and we won't budge.
    We will be here long after you have gone.
  • Options
    The rest of the season is a write off now, I keep thinking things can't get any lower and then we start losing to the likes of Oldham, Bury and Oxford with poor performances.

So many basics on the pitch going wrong from hopeful passes forward to no-one or sideways passes given away, I don't see any other team squander posession so easily and the sad thing was on Tuesday in particular no-one seemed to care, not the players, the manager, the board, the fans, anybody in the ground.

May well pick and choose between now and the end of the season but i'll be back next season ST renewed in the hope KR is kept on and backed in the transfer window.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Nug said:

HandG said:

I said the same thing last season and ended up renewing but I can't take much more. The Valley has been a pretty poisonous place for years (even before the regime) and, as the team reaches new lows that I didn't think were possible, the toxicity is only going to get worse and I don't really want that negativity in my life. Also the "character building" line I spout when I drag my boy along every week is wearing thin!

Got baby number four due in August so that should be extra motivation to stay away.

What was poisonous about the Valley before this regime took over? Genuinely interested in that comment as I just don't see that. Had some crap seasons on a downward spiral but I personally always looked forward to the games and was gutted whenever we lost. Now I'm just gutted that I'm really starting to not give a shit, bit like our owners.
    Don't disagree about caring more in previous years-judging by the comments on here, apathy has crept up on most of us since Roland danced into SE7.

Although poisonous might be a bit too strong, the Valley hasn't been a consistently happy place for a long time. Obviously nothing compares to how it has been over the last couple of seasons but people do seem to have rose tinted spectacles when they look back at certain eras. Until the last few months of that campaign, we had a terrible home record in the first season back in the Championship under Powell (the worst in the country at one point), we lost pretty much every game under Parky when he first took over and as for the Pardew years..... Even the last few years under Curbs in the Prem brought about a lot of moaning from the stands. Nothing on the same level as now and, as I said earlier, I'm not saying the fans are in the wrong as we've had to put up with a lot of rubbish but supporting your team should be a happy experience and, in the last 10 years save for a season and a half under Powell and parts of the play off season under Parky, it has been pretty much the opposite.

• Options
    Gah it's so depressing. The rest of this season is a write-off.

Ordinarily you would keep going to games for the football and to see the new manager solidify and build this team for next season.

Well, the football is horseshit, and 70% of the team probably won't be playing for us next season - so what's the point?
  • Options
    I gave up my boycott because I miss the place too much, and now just go to the odd game, home and away. No-one knows what will persuade Roland to sell, since no-one knows why he still owns us. I'll still support any efforts to persuade him to go, including next weekend's jaunt, but right now I'm not a boycotter, just one of those fans who is drifting away. Yesterday's performance was not a surprise, so nothing changes.
  • Options
    I have now stopped going. I went yesterday. It's a bugger to park. I walked to the ground with little enthusiasm. Could not really be bothered to stand up as the teams came out.
    Walked along outside the West Stand, felt contempt for those with glasses of wine and meals in hospitality. They are not helping get our FOOTBALL club back.
    Really thought as I stood I the ground "I am not really interested".
    Team are really poor.
    RD and KM you have ruined the club.
    It's has taken me a while to give up, but it's now happened.
    I hope I am around when they have gone and I can be proud walking into the Valley again.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2017
    I found the game entertaining yesterday & enjoyed watching a game of football though I hate seeing Charlton lose. I did have nil to very low expectations which helped. I was surprised how disordered & lack of pattern there was in the team. Shouldn't be that surprised I guess. It is clear that any well organised & hard working side are more than a match for Charlton, who do not play as a unit.

Under Duchatelet, I have no hope in my heart that any sustained success is possible. To watch football, you have to a bit of hope. That's what Duchatelet & Meire completely fail to understand. It helps you to turn up, when there's other calls on your time or you may be 50 / 50.

I like watching football with my family. I don't like seeing Charlton lose & the Duchatelet teams do too much of that. I will attend the occasional game. Definitely wouldn't get a season ticket as I don't want to give Duchatelet money or encouragement & couldn't face watching the shell of a team that Charlton has become too often.