Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For those still attending - at what point will you stop going?

Comments

• Options
    Pretty sad reading this thread.

I could of gone yesterday, and what frustrates me more is that this is the time my 8 year old should be getting the bug but I spent the game in the local soft play with the kids occasionally checking Twitter and this site for updates.

Will probably go to Southend, Millwall, Gillingham and Wimbledon away games next season assuming we are all in the same league but there is very little chance of me going to a home game whilst they are still here.

Whilst I'm not a fan of all the CARD initiatives I hope both those going to Belgium and those going to Northampton make their feelings known that we want these owners gone, any potential new owners reading this thread can see what damage is being done and what potential there is once they have gone. I like many others will be back the day after they leave the building.
  • Options

a golden oldie but .. sums me up ((:>)

https://youtu.be/n6xkheBCi9M

With a Charlton connection !
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Won't stop going unless I'm dead

Fair weather.
  • Options

I'll always go. Charlton 'til I die and all that. I go with my friends and have a beer or two.

I'll be honest, apart from a a few glorious Prem years and a few promotions, the match has generally been the worst part of the day.

Mind you I've never supported Charlton for the glory, who does ?

If I was going through a rocky patch in my marriage, I wouldn't walk out. I'd see it through. It's the way I'm made. I' ve never been a quitter.

If all my mates decided to stop going (but they won't) I'd have a dilemma, but I reckon I'd still go.

I've been to all the protests and I'm going to Belgium.

RD will never force me out and I'll protest until he sells up, but that could be another 5 years.

I love Charlton far too much and if they're at home I'll be there, but then I doubt there's more than a few hundred who have seen more home games than me in the last 45 years. I might be wrong.

Anyway, we go round and round on this and the one thing that is essential is that we all respect the views of our fellow supporters and I do.

I just hope and pray that everyone that stops going, keeps their word and returns when RD sells up, but I know that is not going to happen for a multitude of reasons.

See you in Belgium if you're going. United we stand divided we fall.

I do respect your views CE. I'm no quitter. But if my spouse had been verbally abusing me, undermining me and taking the piss out of me constantly for three years, without a single sign of a redeeming feature, I would walk out.
    Exactly.
  • Options

Been to a few home games this season and 4 aways. Last home game was Millwall and that was down to one of my boys wanting to attend his first match against them. Think Chesterfield away will the only game go now for the rest of the season.

People have found other things to do now, we could easily see a lost generation of fans.

3 years of Constantly replacing one shit manager with another, endless signing of shit players. Roll on Augus so the same can happen again.

Just sell up Roland, and free us from your miserable world. You have no real need to own the club.

why the Spirites and not the Blades ? .. sooner see us lose to a rubbish team rather than a decent One ? ((:>)
    Sheff Utd is a week before I go to Thailand so I need all my money for ladyboys Beer.
  • Options
    There seem to be 3 reasons people have stopped going, or are considering not going:

1. The football is rubbish and we rarely win. I can't argue with that, but if it's your reason are you not by definition a 'fair weather' supporter & aren't you making the 'customer choice' that we criticised Meire for implying should be the basis for attending games?

2. People have fallen out of love with football in the modern age. Again, reasonable enough although not a problem limited to CAFC, and arguably it is more of a problem the more successful the team is.

3. As part of the anti-regime protest. I thought seriously about this one and nearly didn't renew my season ticket as a result. In the end I didn't think the regime would care enough so it wasn't worth cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I'm not the world's greatest Charlton fun - I don't go to away games and miss several home games every season - and I'm not being holier than thou about it, but I reckon the only reason I would ever stop going is if CAFC moved out of London.
  • Options
    From now on I will not be going , can't take no more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin, get back in your tepee, you are so wrong. We desperately need a permanent BOYCOTT thread Roland and Katrien are not fit for purpose. We need to punish them financially, and consistently embarrass them in the media. We need a 'Philip Green' on our side, not for his money but for his cunning. Someone prepared to do the nastiest but legal things and hurt Roland badly. Nothing else is going to rescue our Club from sliding out of existence.
  • Options
    We all follow the Charlton, over land and sea and Leicester and Selhurst and Upton Park. That's what I did until the end of last season. I'd had enough by the time Burnley came around and vowed not a penny more. I didn't buy a season ticket but have attended 3 matches this season so technically, I haven't been true to my word. Duchatelet will sell up at some point and I can see our situation getting worse. But as soon as he's gone, I'll be back. It means starting from scratch but why not build a team around the U23's in L2. That's how far I'm expecting us to drop
  • Options
    Sorry Mr Dick, Roland will have sold the entire Under 23 squad as soon as he can, and managed to add his expenses to the debt we owe him.
  • Options

Nothing will stop me going.

Maybe it's because I spent all of Friday at Great Ormond Street Hospital with my bi - polar daughter, who recently fell down the stairs and fractured her coccyx, helping her look after my terminally ill grand daughter, having yet another of her oh-so-frequent appointments, surrounded by other seriously ill children, who are generally happy, and want only to play with someone, and show a grown up their picture that they have just drawn, while waiting to be poked/prodded/have needles stuck in them, and I wonder why some people can be so f***ing wound up by a poxy game of football...

I think that would put a lot of things into perspective ESL. And I wish you and the family well. But people's concerns are people's concerns, no matter what else is going on in the world. I have a number of major (not as major as yours) difficulties going in in my life too at the moment, and football used to be an escape from that kind of thing, thanks to the regime it is no longer the case. I want it to go back to being an escape. The only way I see that happening is to get rid of KM and RD, and the only way I see that happening is to hit them in the pocket, by not attending. I have no problem at all with anyone who continues to go. But it's not my way.

All the best ESL.
  • Options
    IF the number of Lifers now stating that yesterday was the final straw is mirrored by those fans that don't frequent CL, I wonder how low the home attendances will dip over the remainder of this season.
  • Options
    I think I reached the point yesterday.
    I may go to the Gills game, if I can summon up some enthusiasm. I don't plan to do any others.
    The only other time I felt like this, was when we kicked out of the Valley and to play at Selhurst.
  • Options
    Missed both home games this week, totally unlike me but new baby meant I had other things to do.

Didn't miss not going to either one really

Know I'll still get a ST next season though, just can't not
  • Options

Been to a few home games this season and 4 aways. Last home game was Millwall and that was down to one of my boys wanting to attend his first match against them. Think Chesterfield away will the only game go now for the rest of the season.

People have found other things to do now, we could easily see a lost generation of fans.

3 years of Constantly replacing one shit manager with another, endless signing of shit players. Roll on Augus so the same can happen again.

Just sell up Roland, and free us from your miserable world. You have no real need to own the club.

why the Spirites and not the Blades ? .. sooner see us lose to a rubbish team rather than a decent One ? ((:>)
    Sheff Utd is a week before I go to Thailand so I need all my money for ladyboys Beer.
    I would not worry too much, they'd probably knock you back.......................
  • Options
    Nug said:

HandG said:

I said the same thing last season and ended up renewing but I can't take much more. The Valley has been a pretty poisonous place for years (even before the regime) and, as the team reaches new lows that I didn't think were possible, the toxicity is only going to get worse and I don't really want that negativity in my life. Also the "character building" line I spout when I drag my boy along every week is wearing thin!

Got baby number four due in August so that should be extra motivation to stay away.

What was poisonous about the Valley before this regime took over? Genuinely interested in that comment as I just don't see that. Had some crap seasons on a downward spiral but I personally always looked forward to the games and was gutted whenever we lost. Now I'm just gutted that I'm really starting to not give a shit, bit like our owners.
    Was you at the Dagenham game in Powell's rein, one of the most toxic atmospheres I have ever witnessed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NugNug
    edited February 2017
    Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

HandG said:

I said the same thing last season and ended up renewing but I can't take much more. The Valley has been a pretty poisonous place for years (even before the regime) and, as the team reaches new lows that I didn't think were possible, the toxicity is only going to get worse and I don't really want that negativity in my life. Also the "character building" line I spout when I drag my boy along every week is wearing thin!

Got baby number four due in August so that should be extra motivation to stay away.

What was poisonous about the Valley before this regime took over? Genuinely interested in that comment as I just don't see that. Had some crap seasons on a downward spiral but I personally always looked forward to the games and was gutted whenever we lost. Now I'm just gutted that I'm really starting to not give a shit, bit like our owners.
    Was you at the Dagenham game in Powell's rein, one of the most toxic atmospheres I have ever witnessed!
    Not the Valley though was it?
  • Options

Maybe it's because I spent all of Friday at Great Ormond Street Hospital with my bi - polar daughter, who recently fell down the stairs and fractured her coccyx, helping her look after my terminally ill grand daughter, having yet another of her oh-so-frequent appointments, surrounded by other seriously ill children, who are generally happy, and want only to play with someone, and show a grown up their picture that they have just drawn, while waiting to be poked/prodded/have needles stuck in them, and I wonder why some people can be so f***ing wound up by a poxy game of football...

Well this puts everything into perspective. I agree, there are more things far more important than a football match. Life can be incredibly hard on some peoples lives and I can only imagine what you are going through Loopy. Hang in there mate.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Well this puts everything into perspective. I agree, there are more things far more important than a football match. Life can be incredibly hard on some peoples lives and I can only imagine what you are going through Loopy. Hang in there mate.
    You have no idea how much this sort of comment means to me.

Thank you, so, so much...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Unless by some miracle RD sells up in the next couple of months this will be the first season since I first started going in the 94/95 season that I have not attended(or even listend on the radio/player) a single game.

Mine started as a boycott but is now is a need to step away for my own mental health, as for the first time in my life as a fan Charlton was not a good distraction from all the struggles, as even during the drop from Premier League to League 1 seasons following the Addicks was still something that helped me to keep going.

I do wish more people would boycott as I am one who believes an almost empty Valley would be the thing that finally forces RD to leave but I respect those who still choose to go, as a family friend still has his season ticket and my Dad still goes to a few games when he can, both out of habit.

I only recently started reading on here again due to a desire to follow the goings on for the Belgium trip next weekend, I would have loved to have joined all those going but bad timing as it is one of my closest mates wedding & I am the best man.

Good luck to all those going next weekend, I know you will make our club proud and stay strong all of those who are not currently attending games for whatever reason, as we will have our club back one day.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

HandG said:

Were at Watford for the 5-0 game?
  • Options

Best wishes to you and your family ESL. Of course you are right, it isn't important in the grand scheme of things.
  • Options
    @East_Stand_Loopy can't imagine what you're going through. I can only hope that the staff at the brilliant GOSH continue to do all they can for your grand daughter and I'm sure you are doing a great job for your daughter in being there for both of them

My thoughts are with you
  • Options

Best wishes to you and your family ESL.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

@East_Stand_Loopy can't imagine what you're going through. I can only hope that the staff at the brilliant GOSH continue to do all they can for your grand daughter and I'm sure you are doing a great job for your daughter in being there for both of them

My thoughts are with you

The staff at GOSH are magnificent, and have never once given up on Skye, even last February when she was in a chemically induced coma.

Forgive me if I don't understand why people get so incredibly involved in a football match.

It wasn't Bury beating Charlton that kept me awake all night. It was wondering if I'll ever see my Granddaughter again. Which has made me a little over emotional today...