Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi

Comments

• Options
    Talisman.
  • Options

Thought he was quality from day one. He made Ba look like a decent footballer when we were in the championship, that's how good he is. Just needs to stay fit...

I think Ba was a decent footballer. Just bought by Sochaux so probably playing at a higher level than us. I think there were issues that stopped him playing. Did someone say that despite being with Mackems for a year, he could barely speak English.
    He was potentially but that was the issue. He was thrown into a team alongside several other players that also had potential, but lacked experience. In some cases players were completely new to English football. He never really had a chance, that squad was never going to do well at that level.

Perhaps if he had dropped down to League 1 into a team without any expectations beyond a mid table finish he'd have developed into a good player over time. Looks like Sochaux are only in the French second tier so that doesn't suggest he's done that just yet.
  • Options
    No players through, his guarantee
    He's the Charlton, Ngolo Kante
    North or south, rain or shine
    He'll slap your head tonight

God bless our Kashi
    Viva our Kashi
    Long live our Kashi
    C'est magnifique our Kashi
    Magnifique our Kashi

Don't think it really works and lacks the primary rule for chants: keep it simple. But hey ho
  • Options
    Flashy flashy
    Kashi Kashi
  • Options
    "Rockin the Kashi"

League 1 teams don't like it...whoo ohh
    Rockin the Kashi, Rockin the Kashi

repeat

• Options
    Whats the bets he's sold in January ?
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I love to see him tied down with a pen in his hand as he's forced to sign a new Contract

When is that up for him? - Is it this year or next? - As that should become priority between now and January!!
  • Options

I love to see him tied down with a pen in his hand as he's forced to sign a new Contract

When is that up for him? - Is it this year or next? - As that should become priority between now and January!!
    I'd be really surprised if he signed a new contract, as it runs out this year. IF we go up, he might stay, but if we don't there's no way (if fit) that he'll want to stay on for 3rd division English football

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Went to lunch with my FC Metz supporting colleague today , and got on to talking about Kashi (who we signed Kashi from), he said ' Very good player, tackles with his head' which I thought was a very good,typically French, way of putting it !

Oh that's such a great way of putting it. Gonna use that one.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Wrap him up in bubble wrap between games, the mans a legend in the making.

Worryingly that's not the case. They're putting him at risk by letting him hold a power drill.

Handsome, great footballer, handy around the house, what can't he do?
  • Options
    Theres only one Ahmed Kashi
    One Ahmed Kashi
    Had a long holiday
    Now he's back here to stay
    Walking in a Kashi Wonderland

• Options

If he's fit as 2018 arrives, the odds will be very very long on him still playing for Charlton in February.
  • Options

If he's fit as 2018 arrives, the odds will be very very long on him still playing for Charlton in February.
    Maybe I am too optimistic but I get the feeling he will stay the whole season - what happens next depends on where we are.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Maybe I am too optimistic but I get the feeling he will stay the whole season - what happens next depends on where we are.
    I agree. Or at least I want to believe. I remain very hopeful that's he's settling well in London. He could become an absolute club legend if he sticks around.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:

I agree. Or at least I want to believe. I remain very hopeful that's he's settling well in London. He could become an absolute club legend if he sticks around.
    As an Algerian descendant all I can say to that is: Inshalla...
  • Options

SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Ah cool, I learned something new today. Absolutely agree, hope he's around and slapping players for years to come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:

The phrase "inshallah" as I understand it (feel free to correct me @LennyLowrent or anyone else!), roughly translates as "god willing", as in, "we'll get 3 points this week, god willing."
    However, in Dubai (maybe other places too?) the phrase has developed another meaning to expats. When a workman says he'll do something by a certain time, then follows it with 'inshallah', it basically means it just ain't gonna happen. It's basically making an excuse before the event, i.e. 'God did not will it'.
    Trouble is, if you challenge them and say "no, not inshallah, it needs to be finished on time", they get really pissed off.

Anyway, the point is, please don't say 'inshallah' about Kashi's fitness, because to me that means he'll probably lose his foot in a freak threshing accident tomorrow.
    :wink:
  • Options

SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Sorry, but from the Charlton point of view it's probably just as well that they've been eliminated from the world cup. From the potential showcase angle, as well as injury/long season angle.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Sorry, but from the Charlton point of view it's probably just as well that they've been eliminated from the world cup. From the potential showcase angle, as well as injury/long season angle.
    Not to mention the African Cup of Nations (next one in 2019) has now been moved to June - July so that we wont ever have to worry about losing him midway through the season like we did with Bulot and Botaka
  • Options
    We should be negotiating now. Does a bloke who has just been out for 2 years want to run down his contract and risk another injury, I doubt it. He owes us IMO, we have paid him handsomely for what, 15 games so far. Come Jan he can negotiated and sign a pre contract overseas I beleive so speaking to him then would be too late. I am sure the club are on it. I suspect he will delay to Jan and go abroad at the end of the year.
  • Options
    There's a very real possibility it'll be too hot to play football in Africa in June/July by 2019.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

There's a very real possibility it'll be too hot to play football in Africa in June/July by 2019.

I still find it strange that the ACN is held every two years compared to every other Continental Competition.

Cameroon are hosting it in 2019 too which isnt exactly far from the Equator so it wont be conditions like the World Cup in South Africa when it was of course their winter at the time of the Tournament.
  • Options
    I haven't watched Charlton yet this term out but have seen Kashi before injury and he was mustard, tea shame he's been out so long but pleased he is back and looking apparently a) back to his best and b) settled.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

its winter in most of Africa in June/July, when I lived in Cape Town, I had temps of 4 degrees some days and could look out to snow on the top of Hottentot Mountains.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

its winter in most of Africa in June/July, when I lived in Cape Town, I had temps of 4 degrees some days and could look out to snow on the top of Hottentot Mountains.
    Doh. Yes of course they're the coldest months. Good idea to play the tournament at that time. Their summers are like to be unbearable within ten or twenty years.