Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options

Is there a place where are the wages for all our players are listed?

No. In the UK it is considered commercially sensitive as well as a private matter.

Figures do appear in the press and on social media but are often guesses or wildly contradictory.
  • Options

Good interview with him...

One thing I've taken from this interview / the videos ahead of his film review site is the fact at the times he struggles to find in depth words to describe things and can see a lot of reviews being along the lines of: Die Hard was good, Pearl Harbour was good.

Am sure that'll improve with the experience though
    Honestly, as the editor of a film site, I wouldn't give him much work.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

One thing I've taken from this interview / the videos ahead of his film review site is the fact at the times he struggles to find in depth words to describe things and can see a lot of reviews being along the lines of: Die Hard was good, Pearl Harbour was good.

Out of interest Jimmy, if it's not a secret or too personal, what site do you edit for?

If you don't want to say that's perfectly understandable.
  • Options
    Nintendo Switch

Nintendo - sounds a bit like Ninian Park, the former ground of Cardiff City
    Switch- a switch of clubs?

Yup he's off to Cardiff :smiley:
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Out of interest Jimmy, if it's not a secret or too personal, what site do you edit for?

If you don't want to say that's perfectly understandable.
    I headed up the online platforms for a satellite TV company's subscription movie service for many years, chose to take redundancy this year. Building my own site at the moment, not sure if it'll be worth the effort but passes the time while I job hunt!
  • Options
    I hope he's up for it this season. If not we need to ditch him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There has never been any doubt about his ability just his attitude. He has lost weight so maybe he has gained focus and intends to make a real go of it this season. He is still a young man so perhaps he has just realised he has to harness his ability to a more focused approach to achieve all he can. I hope he is an absolute star for us this season, given the chance I feel he could be.

It may be that Robinson gets lucky and Watt, Kashi and maybe even Celebos are previously unused assets at the club which can contribute to a season ending with promotion.

COYR
  • Options
    I think Tony is the typical ''has a natural raw talent but isn't bothered about football all that much'' kind of player.

If he could realise that the more effort he puts into football, the more money he can make. He can then add to the production value of 'Watt to Watch'. He needs to watch other reviews and maybe read one or two of @Bedsaddick's reviews and go from there.

There is no harm in using his non footballing time to work on fitness for Job Development, with YouTube on in the back ground for Personal Development.

Football is his job, Films are his passion.

Why not maximise your development at your job to fuel your passion?
  • Options
    He needs to otherwise his job won't be a professional footballer.running out of chances now. Hope he can do it seems like a nice bloke and thinks of the fans when it's going well.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think Tony is the typical ''has a natural raw talent but isn't bothered about football all that much'' kind of player.

If he could realise that the more effort he puts into football, the more money he can make. He can then add to the production value of 'Watt to Watch'. He needs to watch other reviews and maybe read one or two of @Bedsaddick's reviews and go from there.

There is no harm in using his non footballing time to work on fitness for Job Development, with YouTube on in the back ground for Personal Development.

This sounds logical and I don't disagree, but it's worth considering, if he's easily distracted in his spare time (I don't know by what - McDonald's, booze, gambling, whatever) then maybe it's a good idea to channel his attention into something more sedate.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

This sounds logical and I don't disagree, but it's worth considering, if he's easily distracted in his spare time (I don't know by what - McDonald's, booze, gambling, whatever) then maybe it's a good idea to channel his attention into something more sedate.
    tiddlywinks?
  • Options
    I'm not sure he is intelligent/well educated enough to appreciate the opportunity he has or to prevent it all being wasted.

How many opportunities does he have to fail to take before it becomes obvious that he doesn't have it? Sure he has some talent but that, on its own, is not enough. He needs to think like a footballer and behave like one and I'm not sure he has ever done that. He has all the hallmarks of a certain kind of footballer - the type that does exceptional things on very rare occasions but never often enough, and always looks like he might do it in a minute but doesn't.

That is why his stats are so bad, why he has had seven clubs already and none of them want him permanently - just like we don't really. We keep trying to sell him but I suspect that, in reality, we would give him away if he'd agree to come off the wage bill and I seriously doubt that he will ever have another contract on the same money he is on now.

In fact he is still, in reality, on the only contract that he has been given since he left Celtic after starting just ten league games for them. SL just commuted the contract over to us - to get rid of him, and we have been trying to do the same thing since.

All the PR about him looking better than ever is, probably, so that we can get the best deal, in terms of percentage of his wages being paid, as possible for a year long loan so that we can see the back of him for the last time.

On the money he was given as a very young man he seems to have lost all appreciation of just what some people have to do for a fraction of the wealth he has. I believe that one day he will understand as all his money will be gone and no one will be interested in giving him any more.

I hope I'm wrong as those early appearances gave me some of the best memories watching Charlton that I can remember. I just don't see it happening, sadly.
  • Options
    First one to drop out of the bleep test :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

didn't watch it, but really?????.......that's shocking
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Yes, really. So much for all that fitness and weight loss talk.

Either that or he's inherently lazy and couldn't be arsed to keep up.

Even Jacko outlasted him, and he's got no legs
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Didn't no legs finish in the top 3-5 last year?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Didn't no legs finish in the top 3-5 last year?
    Of the older group. They split them up last year. Still you can only beat what's in front of you.
  • Options
    Having had my own fair share of troubles over the years with the bleep test, there is a significant mental factor involved to keep going. Watt may or may not be the fittest bloke at the club but I can well believe he would be the first person to quit. His problems are all about mentality and application.
  • Options
    Jacko won the older group.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Jacko beat Marshall and Holmes too but as Keith Peacock said often players are asked to drop out for various reasons
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Gavin Peacock said during the bleep test that Watt was looking much leaner too.

From what I could see (this doesn't include the guys on the far side as I couldn't see them)

Watt first

Holmes was next out with Mark Marshall.
    Holmes and Marshall went straight over to join Watt

Pearce fell next with Solly

Then Jacko

Bauer and Ceballos followed.

Dijksteel was the next to go followed by KAG

Kashi, Ajose and Fosu were I think the next three and Aaron Barnes kept motoring through... as winner

Just from the other thread...
  • Options

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Jacko beat Marshall and Holmes too but as Keith Peacock said often players are asked to drop out for various reasons
    Jacko also beat Pearce and Solly