Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe - Post Match Views

Well bust my buffers, we actually won a game. And from the sounds of it, an improved performance. Much needed

Look forward to the views of the 9,088 there :-)

Comments

• Options
    First half I thought we looked decent. Second half I thought we looked awful.

Tony Watt looked fat, but fair play for stepping up and taking that peno
  • Options
    Well if that doesn't get your juices flowing then you've been Rolandised .

Great result and safety is achieved.

pathetic attendance

30% 7th-12th ......... 70% 13th-20th
  • Options
    Really good performance, let down by KR's bizarre decision to change the set up by not making a straight swap up front.

Overall a deserved win though.

Well done to the players.
  • Options
    Decent performance, much better than Saturday but Scunthorpe were pretty bad. That should be us safe.

Konsa and Chickeson stood out, Lee Novak gets an honourable mention.
  • Options
    Weird that we play better against better teams but it's hardly a new phenomenon. Feels a decent bit less like we're going down after that which is a relief as we looked in freefall.

Teixeira really is a danger in the opposition box isn't he
  • Options
    Relieved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taken when players came out just before kickoff. For those who want to see what attendance was like.
  • Options
    Get in there! image
  • Options
    Good result.
  • Options
    Blimus.
  • Options
    What the fuck happened there?
  • Options
    Sounded like we finally responded tonight. Very valuable 3 points which I did not expect. Perhaps we will gain some confidence from that and go on to win a few more in the games ahead. Not sure how he played but I always feel happier with JJ on the pitch because of his leadership qualities. Feel better after that. Well done the lads!
  • Options
    Totally in control up to 65 minutes, Tarbuck sticks his nose in with a bonkers substitution (Crofts) and all of a sudden we were all over the shop.

On the 90mins we deserved the win, but it should have been far more comfortable.

Yet another injury.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    KR likes messing with different formations and at times this caused a few problems. In saying that they competed well and looked like they were trying.
  • Options
    Think the result takes away from another poor performance.
    Granted we had more heart and fight. But without 2 set pieces we wouldn't have scored in a month!
    Rode our luck at times especially when they hit the post.
    All that tonight has shown is that there is a team out there lower on confidence than ourselves!
  • Options

Weird that we play better against better teams but it's hardly a new phenomenon. Feels a decent bit less like we're going down after that which is a relief as we looked in freefall.

Teixeira really is a danger in the opposition box isn't he

Scunthorpe now have no wins in 8 matches, with only 3 draws. In terms of form, they're probably the easiest opponent we've played recently
    Well, we needed an easy match. So thanks Scunny for being in worse form than us tonight. Their fans must be feeling sick and shocked by their team's sudden loss of form after riding so high at the top of the league.
  • Options

Think the result takes away from another poor performance.
    Granted we had more heart and fight. But without 2 set pieces we wouldn't have scored in a month!
    Rode our luck at times especially when they hit the post.
    All that tonight has shown is that there is a team out there lower on confidence than ourselves!

I think "poor" is a bit harsh, it wasn't vintage but it was much better than Saturday. I'm going to be unpopular and give Robinson some credit because the team looked more solid and structured than usual. Not sure about Holmes playing that role and bringing Crofts on instead of Watt was weird.
  • Options
    Just a relief that the drop is further away than it was this morning, dont care if it comes of Jacksons offside arse in injury time I just love us winning and well done to all who went tonight, you deserve that!