Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs v Spanners

Comments

• Options
    It'll be nice if they can lose by a greater score than Lincoln lost by yesterday
  • Options
    Hopefully they get kept back after the game for at least an hour just to compound their misery
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Huskaris said:

Those hand celebrations are so cringey, really really sad.

Why does this wind people up so much?
    I think it is because in Britain we have traditionally been quite laid back and conservative when it comes to showing emotion. When we do, it is spontaneous, not rehearsed. The same reason that training-ground-practised-celebrations and "Ultra" style flag waving and some bloke orchestrating other supporters with a megaphone, and not watching a kick, does not sit well with most people.
    I remember Jason Euell and Chris Bart Williams had some dance move they had when scoring a goal. Just a bit of fun and makes a change from someone pretending to machine gun the crowd or knee slide.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Leuth said:

1StevieG said:

Huskaris said:

I think it is because in Britain we have traditionally been quite laid back and conservative when it comes to showing emotion. When we do, it is spontaneous, not rehearsed. The same reason that training-ground-practised-celebrations and "Ultra" style flag waving and some bloke orchestrating other supporters with a megaphone, and not watching a kick, does not sit well with most people.
    What about football chants, especially those led by a drummer? I really do think the problem here is that anything that punctures the expected front of male aggression and triumphalism makes your average British bloke feel a trifle insecure. What if Charlton practiced a celebration where they pretend to beat the shit out of the goalscorer? You'd all be in seventh heaven.
    What ? Charlton life has its own Analyst ? I blame it all on my mum not loving me enough.
  • Options
    Are you Lincoln in disguise.....
  • Options
    Leuth said:

1StevieG said:

Huskaris said:

What about football chants, especially those led by a drummer? I really do think the problem here is that anything that punctures the expected front of male aggression and triumphalism makes your average British bloke feel a trifle insecure. What if Charlton practiced a celebration where they pretend to beat the shit out of the goalscorer? You'd all be in seventh heaven.
    I think you might be reading a bit too much into it mate.
  • Options
    5 nil.
    Gulf in class
  • Options

I will glean as much consolation from this sorry season as I can get...

WE WANT 5
    WE WANT FIVE

Just for you Soapy
  • Options
    Hahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Spurs, more please
  • Options
    We want six.
  • Options
    Important goal that for Janssen
  • Options
    Still time to be hit for six....
  • Options
    Please don't stop there. Time for one or two more.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

1StevieG said:

Huskaris said:

Replace the words 'pretend to' and 'goal scorer' with 'actually' and 'owner' and I think you're on to something.
  • Options
    Getting embarrassing for them now.
    We want 6', we want 6!
  • Options
    Still time for at least two more.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're fucking shit ringing out, very true :smiley:
  • Options
    Millwall coming on here I can see a replay at the Den. Not!!!haha
  • Options

No QF replays this season.
  • Options

Apart from anything else, there are no replays in the 6th round now!
  • Options
    The gulf in class is outrageous. Millwall genuinely look like a non league team caught in the headlights, and not a top non league team either.

I genuinely can't remember watching a more one sided match
  • Options

Especially as no replays in the quarter finals.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

1StevieG said:

Huskaris said:

I don't think my thoughts quite suggested that Leuth. Personally I am not keen on the drum either. Again, it lacks spontaniety, in my eyes. Perhaps it's an age thing, chants have always been part of my 40+ years as a supporter so I don't see them as some kind of aggression. Maybe someone from the thirties where it was all a bit Chumleigh-Warner, and we all applauded the jolly good sportsmanship of the plucky opposition and shared woodbines in mixed crowds, would not see it that way at all. I for one don't feel insecure when I see a fancy handshake between two blokes I am never going to meet taking place 1000 miles away...
  • Options

The gulf in class is outrageous. Millwall genuinely look like a non league team caught in the headlights, and not a top non league team either.

How about the man utd/millwall cup final?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Mind you in our record breaking promotion season 2011/12 we got torn a new one by Fulham at the Cottage so there is a massive gap in class for sure.
  • Options
    Annoyed that Spurs have taken their foot off...