Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons - 4th Apr - Keith Palmer - Club Statement

Comments

• Well done the club

See you all there Tuesday, loud and proud for a true Hero.

• Out of such profound sadness, this occasion promises to provide a small measure of positivity.

I'm so grateful to our football club for giving us all the opportunity to pay tribute to Keith Palmer in a most fitting way.

Thanks CAFC, RIP Keith.
  • Well done to the Club for this, proper Charlton. Shows what we really are all about and how much we do care about everything and everyone who follows this club.
  • The club have got a lot of things wrong in the last 3 years but credit where it's due, they've got this absolutely spot on. Fantastic gesture
  • I still find it impossible to comprehend what happened. He left behind a wife and a five year old daughter. I mean how do you tell a five year old girl that her daddy isn't coming home? It just puts every thing that has happened in the last few years into total perspective.
  • My first home game of the season. In line with previous, pleased to see a proper response from the club and from all Addicks.
  • Exemplary work from the club, hats off to Olly and Mick.

No way I was able to get over for this, but will do everything I can think of to help publicise it so that we fill the ground for PC Keith Palmer.

Does anybody know if BBC Radio London plan to be there and cover the minute's silence? That way I and others away from the Valley could join in and pay our respects together with you all.
  • Went on site and purchased my ticket (Upper West; I find you drop off much easier up there - not so much noise). I had plenty of choice, LOADS available. Just hope there's a 'mini-rush' before Tuesday evening!
  • Sponsored links:

• I needed an extra ticket for the Lower North and there are an awful lot of tickets sold there.
  • Will mail the other Olympic Stadium Trusts, asking them to publicise it. Question : can such neutrals pay on the night?
  • Just seen on Twitter that someone has counted available seats online and there is still approx 20,000 for purchase, this will not give Keith the send off he deserves so, is there a hashtag we could push/start to get this game sold out? Would be horrible to turn up Tuesday and only have 10k there
  • Im buying on the night, I'm sure a lot of others will do the same.
  • Just seen on Twitter that someone has counted available seats online and there is still approx 20,000 for purchase, this will not give Keith the send off he deserves so, is there a hashtag we could push/start to get this game sold out? Would be horrible to turn up Tuesday and only have 10k there

Do we not have about 6000 season tickets? I would be honestly surprised if that was the case. Glad they're doing for MK as can't make the Southend one.
  • Im buying on the night, I'm sure a lot of others will do the same.

Is that possible for all comers, then, you don't membership or anything?

• The Club statement mentioned the wider footballing community attending so they couldn't cock that up by putting members only on the night could they?

Could they?
  • I did have a quick look at all home sections, (did not count seats) but there are lots available to buy. The sections with lots gone are West Lower D & E which are mostly ST holders, so will show up as taken. Thought a lot more would have sold by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm so hoping to get the night of work for this game, as others have said i too would be breaking my boycott,the only consolation at the moment is I have been able to get my mum & dad down there for this one (breaking there's too)...this is what it is too be proud of our club...yes let's put everything wrong with our club on the back burner for "one night only"...let's do the best we can for one of our own...Mr Pc Keith Palmer...A HERO & never to be forgotten & obv respect for his family & friends

RIP...!!!
  • I did have a quick look at all home sections, (did not count seats) but there are lots available to buy. The sections with lots gone are West Lower D & E which are mostly ST holders, so will show up as taken. Thought a lot more would have sold by now.

Was there many left in the family stand HantsAddick? I'll be there breaking my boycott just this once. Hoping I'll be able to sit near my family in the family stand, they are away at the mo & haven't a clue where my red membership number card thingy is now since moving. Hoping I can sort a ticket without it.
  • Hopefully, those police officers normally stationed outside the ground will be able to join their colleagues inside to pay their respects when the minute silence is held.

Was there many left in the family stand HantsAddick? I'll be there breaking my boycott just this once. Hoping I'll be able to sit near my family in the family stand, they are away at the mo & haven't a clue where my red membership number card thingy is now since moving. Hoping I can sort a ticket without it.
    You only need your red card membership if the away end sells out, to prevent away fans buying in home areas.

• I guess the evening fixture is always going to limit numbers to some degree but hopefully there will be an evident increase in attendance for this.

The statement and tone is spot on and certainly encouraged me to buy a ticket.

I may have missed it but have CARD not tweeted or otherwise lent their support to promoting this and formally encouraging fans to go? Won't necessarily reach more people but I didn't spot it and it couldn't hurt. Hope the planned ticket system maintenance this weekend goes well and doesn't detract too.
  • Mick, I think CARD'S sole objective is to get RD to sell. The Trust have supported the initiative on their website and social media.

There are lots left in A & B sections, and about half in each of the other three. Not sure if that helps if you don't have your Red card, but there are plenty available.
  • edited April 2017
    The Charlton tribute has really caught the imagination of the news media.

ITN and ITV London are very keen on the story and ITN will be there on the night. I'm fairly sure ITV London will be live from outside the ground on their evening news bulletin.

Good Morning Britain will also be there in there in the morning of the 4th. I'm sure it'll be reported on during their Wednesday morning show as well.
    I'd also expect there to be some coverage on the ITV lunchtime news (13:30) on Wednesday.

I'm certain that the BBC and Sky will also be covering the event (although not as well obviously).

Unfortunately I'm in the Canaries (otherwise would have been involved in the coverage), but will be at The Valley in spirit.
  • Talking to one of my brokers yesterday who is a West Ham STH and he is going along with his missus.

Hopefully social media sells a few for this
  • I need to find an excuse to miss a 730-830 BST (1130-1230 local) on Tuesday so I can listen to the MK Dons game.