Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football died a little bit yesterday (VAR)

1454647484951»

Comments

• Options
    Ronaldo was already on his way down before contact for the 2nd one, and went looking for the first one by leaving his right leg in an area it would make contact with the defender. Ref called them both right, and VAR correctly backed them up. This is exactly what VAR is for. Correctly spotting cheating. 

If Ronaldo had carried on running on the 2nd one he may have got fouled, but the fact he was already on his way down before contact is what worked against him.

You've literally identified an example of what VAR does well and used it as a reason why VAR doesn't work.
    I disagree.......and the fact that we disagree AFTER VAR.....suggests to me that it is still a waste of time. We may as well just disagree over the ref's initial decision.

But the ref didn't give it, and the VAR didn't overturn it. So it did what you wanted. 
    I didn't 'want' anything......I really don't care about W Ham or Man U.
    I thought the 2nd incident was a penalty in real time - and I still thought it was after VAR. Overall I thought the decision was incorrect.

These decisions will always be subjective regardless of whether you use VAR or not and for that reason I think that all such decisions should just be left to the on field officials.

I am all for goal line technology or any assistance that can deal with matters of fact.
  • Options
    They have neutered VAR because they don't actually know how to intelligently impliment it into the game. 

The refs are terrible at their jobs and until somehow we get a better quality of official in this country VAR will never work. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Leicester were robbed yesterday. 3 VAR decisions went against them. I thought Ronaldo's one with Zouma was stonewall but need to check again 
  • Options
    Hawk-Eye say their automated offside system is ready for use and could be in place in time for the next World Cup.