Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Atletico Madrid v Leicester

Comments

• Another shockingly poor European ref. Where do they find them.

I suppose in the same place where they find Trevor Kettle and countless other British refs...

• 1StevieG said:

Ref got it right with the penalty decision. I read or heard something along the lines of if the foul is committed just outside or on the line and the players momentum takes him inside the box then the ref can give a pen.

Well thats just stupid... What consists of a players momentum? (i.e. a player could stagger a good few yards, fall into the penalty area and so claim a penalty)

A foul should surely be where the contact is made!!
    I think it's to make a refs decision making a bit easier when a player is running into the box. Obviously the ref is not going to give a penalty if a player is double salchowing into the box.
  • edited April 2017
    Referee has been decent in this game so far.
  • Trying to follow the game on a feed on way back from San Sebastian (watched Real Sociedad v Sporting Gijon). Would have been at this game if I was in Madrid. An English mate of mine who lives here as well is Leicester fan and he's there, in dream land!
  • Leicester getting nothing.
  • I think it's a bit dull
  • Ronaldo just scored his 100th European goal.
  • Ronaldo just scored his 100th European goal.

I REALLY fancy Real to win the thing again this year
  • How there's not been more Yellows in this match is ridiculous
  • No fan of Real but to be fair Zidane has done a great job since he took over. Look odds on to win league (for first time in five years!) this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    Shot of Muller and Alonso on the bench for Munich and commentator refers to them at Bayerns "senior citizens".
    Alonso fair enough but Muller is 27 ffs
  • No fan of Real but to be fair Zidane has done a great job since he took over. Look odds on to win league (for first time in five years!) this year.

I'm sure I saw talk of him leaving soon?
  • That's a decent result for Leicester.
  • game on for next week
  • They'll take that. Gotta get the first goal next week, then it's game on.
  • Dizzle said:

No fan of Real but to be fair Zidane has done a great job since he took over. Look odds on to win league (for first time in five years!) this year.

I'm sure I saw talk of him leaving soon?
    Managers at Real have a ridiculously short shelf life, but his legendary status as a player then winning champions league as both assistant and manager will earn him a lot more time than most.
  • Another shockingly poor European ref. Where do they find them.

I suppose in the same place where they find Trevor Kettle and countless other British refs...

Kettle has never reffered a game in Europe though?

• What an embarrassment some of the Leicester fans have been here tonight. Some of the footage I've seen is terrible and a ridiculous contrast to Dortmund's hospitality to Monaco fans last night.
  • What an embarrassment some of the Leicester fans have been here tonight. Some of the footage I've seen is terrible and a ridiculous contrast to Dortmund's hospitality to Monaco fans last night.

Not sure Leicester could show much hospitality, as the game was in Madrid.

English fans in Europe are always a fucking embarrassment. Don't think it is just Leicester fans.
  • Sponsored links:

English fans in Europe are always a fucking embarrassment. Don't think it is just Leicester fans.
    I was going to challenge that with our protest in St Truiden, but then I remembered some of the dancing at the buffet.
  • Uboat said:

What an embarrassment some of the Leicester fans have been here tonight. Some of the footage I've seen is terrible and a ridiculous contrast to Dortmund's hospitality to Monaco fans last night.

Not sure Leicester could show much hospitality, as the game was in Madrid.
    Referring to general behaviour/acting like humans, i.e. not throwing bottles around.
  • Leicester fans chucking coins for beggars to fight over in Plaza Mayor yesterday. PSV fans were doing this as well last year. Disgusting, dehumanising behaviour. Leicester definitely left a mark on Madrid - by far the worst set of English fans to visit since I have lived here.
  • in fairness the street kids in lille were doing the same with the england fans from what i saw they were having a laugh and a good few England fans were playing football with them, suppose its better than them going up with hands open begging for money.
  • the women in the photo ( could be wrong just an opinion) look like romanian gypsies working next door to the consulant for romania i have to witness these people pissing/spitting in the street, stealing off of my company numerous times, hassling staff for cigarettes if there outside smoking, and just generally being scumbags and its not 1 or 2 its the vast majority.
  • Making them scramble over little coins and taking photos of them doing it doesn't sound like much of a laugh to me.
  • Making them scramble over little coins and taking photos of them doing it doesn't sound like much of a laugh to me.

none of us were there, would probably get a bit tedious being hounded for money its the modern age everyone has a phone now, i dont agree with making people fight for money but the whole blanket thought of all england fans that go abroad are cunts irritates me, plenty of responsible ones and plenty of charlton ones aswell.
  • These women are generally people trafficked here and have to get a certain amount every day to avoid being beaten. Hardly scumbags.
  • wasn't being specific to those women just the Romany gypsies i've met haven't been very nice people, can only say what ive experienced.
  • I think 1-0 at home is a good result in Europe - it is becomes 2 - 0 if you get an away goal. Leicester still have a decent chance though which sets up the second leg nicely!