Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Atletico Madrid v Leicester

Comments

• Wouldn't bet against Ramos getting the winner.
  • edited April 2017

2 absolutely dreadful decisions by the ref.

1. Bottles an obvious 2nd yellow for Casemiro.
    2. 5 minutes later gives Vidal a 2nd yellow for a challenge in which he clearly won the ball

is there ever a year in this competition that one or both of the 2 big Spanish clubs don't get a controversial decision go in their favour at a vital time?
  • Impressive effort for Leicester but Europe's plazas breathe a sigh of relief.

Why haven't you mentioned anything about the trouble kicking off in the ground at real tonight then?
  • edited April 2017
    Don't know anything about it - what happened?

Ah - guess you are referring to a bit of aggro from the Bayern fans in the stand. Did show that briefly but hardly the scenes of last week.
  • Ronaldooooooo!
  • The standard of officiating in this competition is an absolute joke.
  • Ronaldo offside. How much have Madrid paid the officials then?

Video replays please.
  • Looks like Real have it, or can Bayern still do something...?
  • A ridiculous red card and an offside goal look like sending Real through. But hey, using TV to get it right would ruin football, eh @chizz?
  • 2 absolutely dreadful decisions by the ref.

1. Bottles an obvious 2nd yellow for Casemiro.
    2. 5 minutes later gives Vidal a 2nd yellow for a challenge in which he clearly won the ball

is there ever a year in this competition that one or both of the 2 big Spanish clubs don't get a controversial decision go in their favour at a vital time?
    What, like that?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Very dodgy decisions!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

A ridiculous red card and an offside goal look like sending Real through. But hey, using TV to get it right would ruin football, eh @chizz?

Didn't see it. What happened?
  • Marcelo has to be the best left back in the world at the moment.
  • Chizz said:

JiMMy 85 said:

A ridiculous red card and an offside goal look like sending Real through. But hey, using TV to get it right would ruin football, eh @chizz?

don't worry there'll be a replay..
  • Injustice.
  • Munich falling apart
  • Bayern scored a penalty and a lucky own goal. Real Madrid clearly better team despite the dodgy decisions.
  • Chizz said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Vidal made a really good tackle. Ref bizarrely gave him a second yellow. Then Ronald scored despite being two yards offside when the cross was played. They've now scored three goals since the red card!
  • edited April 2017
    My Madrid supporting colleagues and students at school are going to be insufferable tomorrow.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Chizz said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Vidal made a really good tackle. Ref bizarrely gave him a second yellow. Then Ronald scored despite being two yards offside when the cross was played. They've now scored three goals since the red card!
    Given a choice between improved refereeing and changing football into a stop-start contest judged by administrators monitoring monitors, I'd go for better refs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronaldo offside goal - https://u.nya.is/nsrwxv.mp4

Vidal red card (skip to 20secs) - https://streamable.com/o3c54
  • Bayern scored a penalty and a lucky own goal. Real Madrid clearly better team despite the dodgy decisions.

Yeah how dare they score a penalty? And did the ref forget about the new UEFA rule that own goals don't count?
  • Hard to see beyond Real winning the CL again this year. I bet they shaft Atletico again as well.
  • Chizz said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Chizz said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Given a choice between improved refereeing and changing football into a stop-start contest judged by administrators monitoring monitors, I'd go for better refs.
    As would we all! But refs are doing the very best they can. We've pushed them to their limit. I believe they're honest guys surrounded by rampant cheating.

So given the choice between working on coming up with a system that doesn't create a stop-start game but does help referees, I'd go for the former.

Yeah how dare they score a penalty? And did the ref forget about the new UEFA rule that own goals don't count?
    Ok. You win. Real Madrid are shit. Ronaldo is shit. All the chances I saw Madrid create were a figment of my imagination. Only reason Real Madrid get to the semi finals every year is corrupt officiating.
  • edited April 2017

Bayern scored a penalty and a lucky own goal. Real Madrid clearly better team despite the dodgy decisions.

Ok. You win. Real Madrid are shit. Ronaldo is shit. All the chances I saw Madrid create were a figment of my imagination. Only reason Real Madrid get to the semi finals every year is corrupt officiating.
    Not quite what I said.

In reality, Bayern should've never been awarded a penalty. I think it was pretty clear that Robben dived. I just hate games that are decided by the officials mistakes.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Chizz said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Chizz said:

JiMMy 85 said:

As would we all! But refs are doing the very best they can. We've pushed them to their limit. I believe they're honest guys surrounded by rampant cheating.

So given the choice between working on coming up with a system that doesn't create a stop-start game but does help referees, I'd go for the former.

Absolutely. It's just that I haven't seen a sensible, workable solution described that wouldn't cause the game to be stopped unacceptably frequently.
  • Best big game player in the world.

He can't help the refs decisions, but 5 goals in a Champions League quarter final is incredible.
  • At first I thought it was a dodgy penalty. But replays showed it was.
  • Just realised the own goal was off side.