Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Atletico Madrid v Leicester

1235»

Comments

• Just seen the sending off. Vidal's foot connected with the Madrid player's foot before making contact with the ball.
  • Just seen the sending off. Vidal's foot connected with the Madrid player's foot before making contact with the ball.

That makes it sound like a foul, and it's hard to argue. But when I watch it, I don't believe it was a foul at all.
  • Funny. I was watching this on Spanish TV and thinking how honest they were being about the refereeing decisions. They went on and on about how favoured Madrid were by the terrible refereeing. Then I clocked they were talking in Catalan (sometimes I switch off). Don't remember that sort of honesty when Barça beat PSG last round, and doubt it'll happen tomorrow against Juventus tomorrow.
  • Marcelo for Madrid was ridiculous tonight. Always sceptical of him being attack heavy for a right back but he was exceptional.
  • Marcelo has to be the best left back in the world at the moment.

Sandro at Juve is better.
  • Just realised the own goal was off side.

?
  • LenGlover said:

Just realised the own goal was off side.

?
    The replays clearly show a Bayern player receive the ball in an off-side position about 10 yards out in the centre of the goal moments before he was tackled leading to the own goal.
  • Video replays please - give each team 2 reviews like in cricket - would do away with all this rubbish officiating we see every year. Just ruins the game.
  • Athletico are too much of a balanced team for Leicester to have fluked it through.
  • No shame for Leicester getting knocked out by the eventual winners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

What an embarrassment some of the Leicester fans have been here tonight. Some of the footage I've seen is terrible and a ridiculous contrast to Dortmund's hospitality to Monaco fans last night.

English fans in Europe are always a fucking embarrassment. Don't think it is just Leicester fans.
    I was going to challenge that with our protest in St Truiden, but then I remembered some of the dancing at the buffet.
    Very good dancing I thought.
  • My Madrid supporting colleagues and students at school are going to be insufferable tomorrow.

Just tell em...

"Fuck off, I am Charlton I am... you want some?"
  • edited April 2017
    Big_Bob said:

No shame for Leicester getting knocked out by the eventual winners.

This is Juve's year.
  • You have to be a bit suspicious when you see decisions like last night - what saves the ref is him giving BM a dodgy pen! Technology has to come in!
  • edited April 2017
    I thought Athletico Madrid never looked comfortable when Leicester went direct. Leicester needed a couple of big men and they might have done it. What kileld Leicester though was zonal defending when you have double the number of defenders than attackers - surely in those instances you go man to man!