Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

iamdan said:

I’m told by someone at Gillingham, although we are already aware, that ‘a midfielder’ (Konsa) will he sold in January and the replacement could be Billy Bingham.

Ties in with RD wanting some cash back from player sale before he departs.

I know Billy Bingham and his Family. I don't think they will mind me saying this but is nowhere near good enough for us.

I don't know Billy Bingham or his family. At 86 years old I have a few doubts but if he signs I'll give him a chance. It's about what he does for us, not how he played for his previous clubs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Bingham
    This Billy Bingham has played for Dagenham, Crewe and Gillingham. I think this story is nonsense.

• I know Billy's Family would not like him to join Charlton as they are all Millwall fans.
  • Billy did have a spell with our academy when younger. Good lad and good family.
  • iamdan said:

I’m told by someone at Gillingham, although we are already aware, that ‘a midfielder’ (Konsa) will he sold in January and the replacement could be Billy Bingham.

If it's going to happen club will be sold pre Jan.
    Surely any change in assets will change the sale price?
  • @Airman Brown the continuation page on Companies House includes a negative pledge (Clause 1.5) that requires:

The Company will not without the previous written consent of the Lender:-

1.5.2 sell, transfer, assign, factor, lease or otherwise dispose of or part with possession in any way of all or any of its Assets (other than any Assets the subject of a floating charge (but not any fixed charge or mortgages) on arms length terms in the ordinary course of trading; or

1.5.3 in any way dispose of the equity of redemption of any such Asset or any interest in any such Asset.

That's taken from one of the former Director's charges, the others should all be the same. It should also mean that no sale can take place without those Director's agreements in writing...unless Roland pays them off beforehand.
  • If Konsa is sold the most urgent player signing would still be a striker, as well as possibly a recall for others.
    Konsa has no obvious replacements because he is so good and so adaptable. I can't see us bringing a player just like him in, instead we would have to accept differences in available resources, even look at the U23's, but only replace Konsa if you're sure you're signing a very good (if different) footballer, not to get a body in.
  • seth plum said:

If Konsa is sold the most urgent player signing would still be a striker, as well as possibly a recall for others.
    Konsa has no obvious replacements because he is so good and so adaptable. I can't see us bringing a player just like him in, instead we would have to accept differences in available resources, even look at the U23's, but only replace Konsa if you're sure you're signing a very good (if different) footballer, not to get a body in.

I thought we suffered from not being able to bring the ball out of defence that well on Saturday. Although he's got a lot of maturity to add to his game I think that Sarr does this better.
  • edited October 2017
    TelMc32 said:

@Airman Brown the continuation page on Companies House includes a negative pledge (Clause 1.5) that requires:

1.5.2 sell, transfer, assign, factor, lease or otherwise dispose of or part with possession in any way of all or any of its Assets (other than any Assets the subject of a floating charge (but not any fixed charge or mortgages) on arms length terms in the ordinary course of trading; or

1.5.3 in any way dispose of the equity of redemption of any such Asset or any interest in any such Asset.

That's taken from one of the former Director's charges, the others should all be the same. It should also mean that no sale can take place without those Director's agreements in writing...unless Roland pays them off beforehand.

Thanks. It's really only the same as the relationship you have with the bank on a mortgage, I assume, though. If you plan to sell your house you will do all the work, i.e. put it up for sale, reach agreement with the buyer, sign contracts, etc, before you tell the bank you are paying their loan back. And even then the main purpose is to establish the sum due to the bank at the point of completion. The transaction can't complete (and be registered) without the loan being repaid because the mortgage is a charge on the property held at the land registry, but the bank has no control over the transaction beyond receiving the funds due.

The only reason to engage the former directors earlier would be to get the loans discounted or rolled over?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017
    I can confirm that I've not been approached by Australians, Malaysians, Kuwaitis, Greeks or Turks.

I did however have a meeting yesterday where both Toblerone and Emmental were 'brought to the table' and I'm having some Chinese delivered tonight.
  • Addickted said:

I can confirm that I've not been approached by Australians, Malaysians, Kuwaitis, Greeks or Turks.

I did however have a meeting yesterday where both Toblerone and Emmental were 'brought to the table' and I'm having some Chinese delivered tonight.

It’s happenning!!!
  • Just as I opened up this thread, Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" started playing on my Spotify. This particular playlist has 288 tracks, so that's quite the coincidence.

Omens, people. Omens. Today will be a good day.
  • TelMc32 said:

@Airman Brown the continuation page on Companies House includes a negative pledge (Clause 1.5) that requires:

Thanks. It's really only the same as the relationship you have with the bank on a mortgage, I assume, though. If you plan to sell your house you will do all the work, i.e. put it up for sale, reach agreement with the buyer, sign contracts, etc, before you tell the bank you are paying their loan back. And even then the main purpose is to establish the sum due to the bank at the point of completion. The transaction can't complete (and be registered) without the loan being repaid because the mortgage is a charge on the property held at the land registry, but the bank has no control over the transaction beyond receiving the funds due.

The only reason to engage the former directors earlier would be to get the loans discounted or rolled over?
    To a degree yes. They may need to engage the former directors earlier than in a mortgage/bank scenario as in the normal course of business you would repay the bank without question. The difference here would be who is repaying the directors (Duchatelet could beforehand and then just complete his deal - at a premium), or prospective new owners could have to approach them, should they need to seek a similar deal to Jiminez/Slater and Duchatelet in rolling them on similar repayment terms to before.
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

It looks like they secured themselves nicely, so yep, I make you right.

• PaddyP17 said:

Just as I opened up this thread, Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" started playing on my Spotify. This particular playlist has 288 tracks, so that's quite the coincidence.

Omens, people. Omens. Today will be a good day.

• Redrobo said:

Someone mentioned fixed and floating.

I think they meant Roland fixed to a barge floating down the Thames whilst Covered End regulars go all Viking with the flaming arrows ...
  • iamdan said:

Didn't he manage Northern Ireland?
  • They can't sell Konsa until January and if if if there is a takeover going on (fake news as we all know) then the buyer would expect such a sale to be reflected in a drop in price.

If you were buying a house and had a agreed a price for all the fittings would you pay the same price if all the furniture had been sold the day before the deal? Konsa is part of any deal.

I think if Konsa is to be sold the deal would have been pretty much agreed by now. Clubs don't just pick up the phone on January 1st to start negotiations on a purchase of this nature.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

iamdan said:

I know Billy Bingham and his Family. I don't think they will mind me saying this but is nowhere near good enough for us.

I work with his dad, and he would dearly love Billy to play for Charlton.

Billy has been running the team at Gillingham and is winning MotM most weeks for them.

• cafckev said:

dickplumb said:

iamdan said:

Billy has been running the team at Gillingham and is winning MotM most weeks for them.

Wiki says he has played 3 league games for the Gills...
    Always remember that Wiki has to be manually updated

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=51982

Soccerbase / TransferMarkt are much more reliable for Appearances and Goals
  • cafckev said:

dickplumb said:

iamdan said:

Wiki says he has played 3 league games for the Gills...
    I know it's off topic, but Billy was injured in training (head inj) otherwise he would have played in every game. He was very upset not to play against us this season

• Bingham is very close to Gangnam.

If the majority on here are to be believed, Bingham clearly plays with style; Gangnam Style.

Gangnam Style was sung by Psy who is South Korean.

So our prospective new owners must be Asian.

The clues are there.
  • edited October 2017

1.2 addresses the land point. It's easy to read the details of the charges on the Companies House website for anyone interested. There is a lot of legal language about how fixed can be made floating and vice versa.

@Airman Brown regarding players being sold you can always get a deed of postponement / variation entered into by the chargees which would exclude those 'assets' if qualifying as such or are they just employees?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!