Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Solidgone said:

It's going to happen when you least expect it...

Or now?
  • Scoham said:

Solidgone said:

Now?
    No...Cos you were expecting it.
  • Takeover thread and transfer rumours thread slowly merging into one. It's the stuff dreams are made of.

Once it merges with trains some people won't be able to control their emotions
    @man_at_milletts will be in his element.
  • RedChaser said:

1.2 addresses the land point. It's easy to read the details of the charges on the Companies House website for anyone interested. There is a lot of legal language about how fixed can be made floating and vice versa.

@Airman Brown regarding players being sold you can always get a deed of postponement / variation entered into by the chargees which would exclude those 'assets' if qualifying as such or are they just employees?
    RedChaser said:

1.2 addresses the land point. It's easy to read the details of the charges on the Companies House website for anyone interested. There is a lot of legal language about how fixed can be made floating and vice versa.

@Airman Brown regarding players being sold you can always get a deed of postponement / variation entered into by the chargees which would exclude those 'assets' if qualifying as such or are they just employees?
    Keep going with this assessment of the sale process but speed it up please as I have it from a source close to me that the new owner is saving some money on due diligence by just reading this thread. He’s far more clued up than RD it seems.
  • Takeover thread and transfer rumours thread slowly merging into one. It's the stuff dreams are made of.

Once it merges with trains some people won't be able to control their emotions
    @man_at_milletts will be in his element.
    Because it will be in-tents?

Geddit?
  • Two Billy Binghams, there’s only two Billy Binghams
  • So Billy Bingham is our new owner, have I got that right?
  • Billy Bingham's twitter account revealing our new owners? Who is this Billy Bingham?
  • seth plum said:

If Konsa is sold the most urgent player signing would still be a striker, as well as possibly a recall for others.
    Konsa has no obvious replacements because he is so good and so adaptable. I can't see us bringing a player just like him in, instead we would have to accept differences in available resources, even look at the U23's, but only replace Konsa if you're sure you're signing a very good (if different) footballer, not to get a body in.

Agreed. Not only do I think that he's a wonderful footballer, but he covers three positions, central defense, right back, and central midfield. I expect we'd need to bring in two players just to replace him (not counting a striker).

I really hope he doesn't leave in January. I struggle to see him going to the Prem and playing. I do think there is value in going somewhere and training with top professionals and coaches. But for Konsa right now, I think games are the best way for him to learn and improve. By contrast, I felt differently with Lookman. He'd already shown quality in spades and all he was doing was getting kicked up in the air in this league. And being a quick attacking player means you're more likely to be brought on as an impact sub. Assuming Konsa went to somewhere like Everton, who do need defensive cover, I can't see him getting in the team much.
  • Yeah, Bingham ain’t coming - spoke to his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

PaddyP17 said:

Just as I opened up this thread, Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" started playing on my Spotify. This particular playlist has 288 tracks, so that's quite the coincidence.

Omens, people. Omens. Today will be a good day.

• So far news on the ground here in Melbourne has produced ZERO insights... I'll keep my ear to the ground.

• I can't hold my it's imminent pose indefinitely.
  • I can't hold my it's imminent pose indefinitely.

Relax and breath, I get the feeling this deal is not even close.
  • I was in Brasil during the Belgians take over. I am hoping for a repeat this time whilst I am in South America over Christmas.
  • I'm lost with all this who is Billy Bingham
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

Never then
  • edited November 2017
    Today the takeover is slightly more imminent than it was yesterday and will be each subsequent day until it finally happens.
  • cfgs said:

Today the takeover is slightly more imminent than it was yesterday and will be each subsequent day until it finally happens.

That's easy for you to say - I'm an old man and want to know before it's too late!
  • bobmunro said:

cfgs said:

That's easy for you to say - I'm an old man and want to know before it's too late!
    Yes, Roland.
  • bobmunro said:

cfgs said:

Trying to be adult is never easy for me.
  • Stig said:

Come on Roly, hurry up. I'd love to see that Truro game at the weekend, but I ain't going if your sycophants are still be stinking out the offices at the Valley.

Go for Truro’s sake. Fuck Roly.

• Its close.

I've had this feeling of excitement growing in me all afternoon. It must be this. It certainly isn't the game tonight (I'm not even going).
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!