Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• We're being taken over by a dot???!!!

I think she’s been struggling to raise the capital since Arfa stole the Christmas pot money.
  • edited November 2017
    Double post
  • Sponsored links:

• And Billy Bingham ?
  • And Billy Bingham ?

Which one?
  • Dazzler21 said:

3blokes said:

Someone called Dawn is taking us over? Would that be Dawn Under from down under?

No, it's crack of dawn..... from Poland.
    Not Pete’s mum is it?
    What is this pathetic attempt at quoting?

Tidied.
    And you have the temerity to call me pathetic
  • If this was the excuse before... I would expect it to be the excuse again.

International fears over the fragility of the British economy took their toll on Charlton Athletic last night as Zabeel Investments, the Dubai-based company who had been exploring a £50m deal to purchase the struggling Championship club, pulled out of a proposed takeover
  • Dazzler21 said:

If this was the excuse before... I would expect it to be the excuse again.

International fears over the fragility of the British economy took their toll on Charlton Athletic last night as Zabeel Investments, the Dubai-based company who had been exploring a £50m deal to purchase the struggling Championship club, pulled out of a proposed takeover

Breakfast means breakfast.
  • well at least this thread has provided humour

And Billy Bingham ?

Ah, now we are back on the main subject of the thread I should mention that I have a football card from the 60's of Billy Bingham it stated plays for Luton Town & Ireland. You used to get them with a thin slice of bubble gum. Anyone remember them.
    yes i do

i am sure i still have a Billy Bingham card playing for Everton Though
  • Posted this on the Post KR at Bromley Addicks thread:

One thing KR said [last night] that was interesting, and which may not have been mentioned, was "If we get promoted it will be easier of the owner to sell the club".
    So if DD is underway, he either doesn't know much (or anything) about it, or is choosing to pretend he doesn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Speaking of Zabeel does anyone know how close it actually came? Was it just a case of DD but the club going public on it as opposed to now? Assuming DD is happening now of course.
  • JamesSeed said:

Posted this on the Post KR at Bromley Addicks thread:

One thing KR said [last night] that was interesting, and which may not have been mentioned, was "If we get promoted it will be easier of the owner to sell the club".
    So if DD is underway, he either doesn't know much (or anything) about it, or is choosing to pretend he doesn't.

Which confirms that he knows it’s for sale despite the clubs pathetic denials.
    Or just wants those boycotting to start coming to games again...
  • All I'm saying is that it seems AFC were struggling to raise 20m to buy the Club and now the Aussies are back in some people are assuming this is still the case. It isnt.

I'd agree that being minted is no guarantee they will run the Club properly but after the Spivs and Roland we are due some luck.

Like it or lump it.... Jimenez knew what he was doing, it was just unfortunate that the plug got pulled on the funding. Whatever people make of his character, with serious money behind him I'd actually take him back in a heartbeat... Proof is in a the pudding
  • Agreed @CAFCsayer they left us in a better place than they found us despite being skint
  • Agreed @CAFCsayer they left us in a better place than they found us despite being skint

Perhaps not. Granted, in a higher league put in a parlous financial state and many long-serving staff driven out of the place by the unpleasant behaviour of the owners.
  • JamesSeed said:

Posted this on the Post KR at Bromley Addicks thread:

aahh, that old favourite quote from the apologists....
  • Most likely, the deal will have a bonus payment to RD if CAFC gets promoted this year. That was built into the Leeds sale.
  • Most likely, the deal will have a bonus payment to RD if CAFC gets promoted this year. That was built into the Leeds sale.

Doesn't mean that it is likely to happen with any deal for CAFC. Different clubs, different sellers and buyers and most importantly the jump in income and value of the club from League 1 to the championship is small (£3m ish). The jump from Championship to Premier League is over £100m
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!