Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Takeover thread experience tells me we must be very close to the 'They've pulled out/didn't fancy it/couldn't get it over the line/we dicked them about' phase.

I'd say that's pretty imminent!
  • I get drawn back to this poxy thread like a moth to a flame. Will I ever learn?

Nah!
  • I get drawn back to this poxy thread like a moth to a flame. Will I ever learn?

Nah!

If this thread doesn't reignite after the game then I would say it's pretty much dead.
  • Could be worth a little less after todays game if the result does not go the way it should.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was told today, as very flimsy gossip, that if things don't get agreed by the end of November then all bets are off.
  • edited November 2017
    seth plum said:

I was told today, as very flimsy gossip, that if things don't get agreed by the end of November then all bets are off.

Nowt like a bit of ‘old flimsy gossip’ to get the pulse racing seth.
  • Chizz said:

seth plum said:

I was told today, as very flimsy gossip, that if things don't get agreed by the end of November then all bets are off.

This is a brilliant post Seth. It's the perfect CL Takeover Rumour post.

Why? Because it contains all of the essential elements of a post on this thread.

1. The phrase "I was told today" - because that makes it newsworthy, while, at the same time distancing the poster from the message when it inevitably fails to happen.
    2. The word "gossip". It's the CL Takeover Thread equivalent of crack cocaine.
    3. It's got a deadline.

But it's also perfect because of the things it misses out:
    1. Which "things" need to be agreed and by whom?
    2. Which November?
    3. What bets?

I salute you, @seth plum. This post is a work of genius.
    Agreed.

It's nuggets like this that make the 'Takeover thread' the institution it is.
  • seth plum said:

It's just as well I hadn't built my hopes up, in that case #ThisIsCharlton
  • Chizz said:

seth plum said:

This is a brilliant post Seth. It's the perfect CL Takeover Rumour post.

Why? Because it contains all of the essential elements of a post on this thread.

1. The phrase "I was told today" - because that makes it newsworthy, while, at the same time distancing the poster from the message when it inevitably fails to happen.
    2. The word "gossip". It's the CL Takeover Thread equivalent of crack cocaine.
    3. It's got a deadline.

But it's also perfect because of the things it misses out:
    1. Which "things" need to be agreed and by whom?
    2. Which November?
    3. What bets?

I salute you, @seth plum. This post is a work of genius.
    And best of all, it's completely undisprovable. If it goes ahead before the end of November (or realistically within a month or so of that deadline) then the poster was right and there was a deal going on. If it doesn't happen after that, then the poster is still right because all bets have been called off. Genius!
  • SE7toSG3 said:

How can Moshiri have an ownership in 2 English clubs at the same time? Not allowed, correct?

I think Morshiri is more the go-to man for brokering these sort of things not a potential new owner, he has done so for other sales in the past.
    I don't know what to make of this. I suppose it's par for the course with people like these.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/arsenal-everton-stakeholders-close-ties-leaked-files-alisher-usmanov-farhad-moshiri
  • Airman Brown - any more news from your end?
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

From our pal Colin (bexley boy) over on the other site!

“New investor is Everton main shareholder Farehad Moshini and Andrew Muir but CAFC keep changing the price and mucking everyone around. Looks as if they are telling the Australians they have interest elsewhere, however they think this is just them trying to up the money.”

Would be nice if he got the Everton fella’s name right.

Ventokele was another classic from Colyn.
    Is he the one who has just been exposed on Panorama as having his purchase of Everton funded by Usmanov, the Arsenal shareholder and friend of Putin? Which of course is probably just the sort of legacy RD would like to leave.
  • Rolands bithday coming up soon.he had better sell quickly because iam getting very piss-off

Come on Roland just sell you will feel a whole lot better for doing it and you can enjoy life once again.
  • I did not get the end of November gossip from Airman. I can confirm that at least.
  • Airman Brown - any more news from your end?

I’m reluctant to stoke the fire again, but since you ask... I know where the November line originated and it’s someone in a position to have that information (Seth didn’t get it from me).

I can confirm a second interested party exists but I don’t know if their approach is credible or not, if it’s the one I know about. It’s also fairly recent.

How far apart the principal parties are, i don’t know. But none of the unrelated sources is saying the deal is further away than it was a fortnight go, if you see what I mean. And none of them have “gone quiet”.
    Thanks Airman
  • cfgs said:

Airman Brown - any more news from your end?

Why are you so interested in his end?
    Ha ha very good!
  • edited November 2017
    It's happening on Tuesday week.

Felicitations!
  • edited November 2017
    seth plum said:

I did not get the end of November gossip from Airman. I can confirm that at least.

I can confirm that seth confirmed, he didn't get the end of November from Airman.

Airman Brown - any more news from your end?

I’m reluctant to stoke the fire again, but since you ask... I know where the November line originated and it’s someone in a position to have that information (Seth didn’t get it from me).

I can confirm a second interested party exists but I don’t know if their approach is credible or not, if it’s the one I know about. It’s also fairly recent.

How far apart the principal parties are, i don’t know. But none of the unrelated sources is saying the deal is further away than it was a fortnight go, if you see what I mean. And none of them have “gone quiet”.
    I can also confirm that Airman confirmed, that seth didn't get it from him.

Is that confirmed?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!