Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Dave Courtney was there today, perhaps a gangland takeover?
  • seth plum said:

I did not get the end of November gossip from Airman. I can confirm that at least.

I can confirm that seth confirmed, he didn't get the end of November from Airman.

Airman Brown - any more news from your end?

I’m reluctant to stoke the fire again, but since you ask... I know where the November line originated and it’s someone in a position to have that information (Seth didn’t get it from me).

I can confirm a second interested party exists but I don’t know if their approach is credible or not, if it’s the one I know about. It’s also fairly recent.

How far apart the principal parties are, i don’t know. But none of the unrelated sources is saying the deal is further away than it was a fortnight go, if you see what I mean. And none of them have “gone quiet”.
    I can also confirm the Airman confirmed, that seth didn't get it from him.

Is that confirmed?
    I can confirm it is confirmed.

• seth plum said:

I did not get the end of November gossip from Airman. I can confirm that at least.

I can confirm that seth confirmed, he didn't get the end of November from Airman.

Airman Brown - any more news from your end?

I’m reluctant to stoke the fire again, but since you ask... I know where the November line originated and it’s someone in a position to have that information (Seth didn’t get it from me).

I can confirm a second interested party exists but I don’t know if their approach is credible or not, if it’s the one I know about. It’s also fairly recent.

How far apart the principal parties are, i don’t know. But none of the unrelated sources is saying the deal is further away than it was a fortnight go, if you see what I mean. And none of them have “gone quiet”.
    I can also confirm the Airman confirmed, that seth didn't get it from him.

Is that confirmed?
    I can confirm it is confirmed.

I can confirm that this is a load of old b*******!
  • New owners in time for the knockout phase of the checkatrade
  • I'm upset that they failed with the Truro deadline I set them, Cabbles. There'll be no productivity bonus from me and it's bound to affect my end of year performance assessment.

Good luck with yours mate.
  • It might be confirmed but is it happening?
  • I can confirm that someone has confirmed that it’s been confirmed that it’s confirmed.
  • We need a separate confirmation thread, but firstly it would need to be blessed by an ordained minister.
  • I can confirm the whole thing is off.

• Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Dave Courtney was there today, perhaps a gangland takeover?

He would have to be involved in gangland first.
    Fair point
  • Am I the only one trawling through the Paradise papers for news for this thread?
    So far I've narrowed down potential buyers to a great bunch of lads who will Tarmac the car park for cash, a Middle Eastern royal family, a bunch of Chinese property developers, several Russian 'entrepreneurs' and HM The Queen.

Now I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but.....
    There's only one Royal Charlton....one Royal Charlton.

Source?
  • edited November 2017

I can confirm the whole thing is off.

Source?
    Buyusoon takeaway.
    Kunming Food Hall
    Kunming
    China.

Source?
    Buyusoon takeaway.
    Kunming Food Hall
    Kunming
    China.
    You know Mr Ji too? Small world.
  • Am I the only one trawling through the Paradise papers for news for this thread?
    So far I've narrowed down potential buyers to a great bunch of lads who will Tarmac the car park for cash, a Middle Eastern royal family, a bunch of Chinese property developers, several Russian 'entrepreneurs' and HM The Queen.

I've heard it's a special Christmas present for her favourite grandson.

• Does Billy Bingham breaking his leg mean the takeover is off?
  • Stig said:

Am I the only one trawling through the Paradise papers for news for this thread?

I've heard it's a special Christmas present for her favourite grandson.

£592m in the family fund and knows Curbs - must be a hot favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Billy Bingham to sign after he recovers from broken ankle.
  • _nam11 said:

My face seeing 200 new posts...

Funnily enough this is exactly what I imagine you look like after hearing you in Charlton live...

I hope it is you and I'm not getting confused...
  • edited November 2017

_nam11 said:

Funnily enough this is exactly what I imagine you look like after hearing you in Charlton live...

I hope it is you and I'm not getting confused...</

No you’re not confused, it is me. Although, it’s debatable if I look like that!! :)
  • _nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

I hope it is you and I'm not getting confused...</

No you’re not confused, it is me. Although, it’s debatable if I look like that!! :)</p>
    Living the dream mate.
  • BUMP!

Can’t have this falling to the second page, almost like a jinx!
  • Meire’s spouting off again on another thread.

Might be the Belgians last act of defiance before the sale me thinks.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79765/meire-gagged-well-not-in-belgium#latest
  • I spoke to a bloke in the pub who told me there may or may not be a take-over at some point. He seemed like an impeccable source.
  • I spoke to a bloke in the pub who told me there may or may not be a take-over at some point. He seemed like an impeccable source.

Both drunk then.

There will be a takeover. Roland is getting old and nobody lives for ever.

Maybe if we all link arms and pray......?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!