Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited November 2017
    HarryLime said:

Katrien, as our old mate Karel would say, the clock is ticking.

I thought he said the bell was ringing?

That could be appropriate, as the bell might just be tolling for Katrien’s ‘football career’
  • Well, it's well past 2030 hours - or was that the year 2030 with Roland junior still running the club along with Auntie Daisy?
  • Scoham said:

It’s my view a wait this long is not good news

This sort of post is usually followed by someone else saying they heard from a reliable source that the takeover has fallen through.
    As someone whose ear is constantly to the ground, I’ve heard through a reliable grapevine sauce the takeover has fallen through<(;-)>
  • edited November 2017
    Scoham said:

It’s my view a wait this long is not good news

This sort of post is usually followed by someone else saying they heard from a reliable source that the takeover has fallen through.
    I said that ages ago, @SoundAsa£ even confirmed it.

;)
  • edited November 2017

Its always horrible to see a double whoosh in action, but you can't just look away...

I know. And I've got half a dozen GoPros set up at different angles to my computer screen so I can play it back in slow motion. Although, oddly the one pointing to the back of laptop lid did not exactly provide what you'd call riveting viewing.
  • As someone who has both ears near to ground but knows absolutely nothing that's not already in the public domain, I too share @nth london addick concern. Whether that is a defensive mechanism I don't know, I just don't see anything related to them going to plan.
  • After the Zabeel debacle, nothing would surprise me. I’m fully expecting nothing to happen.
  • cfgs said:

As someone who has both ears near to ground but knows absolutely nothing that's not already in the public domain, I too share @nth london addick concern. Whether that is a defensive mechanism I don't know, I just don't see anything related to them going to plan.

You aren't that short surely?
    Joke kind of falls flat when you have to spell it out... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• As someone who has both ears near to ground but knows absolutely nothing that's not already in the public domain, I too share @nth london addick concern. Whether that is a defensive mechanism I don't know, I just don't see anything related to them going to plan.

Nailed on with my thoughts as well. I am not in the least bit excited by the news of a takeover, the way RD & KM conduct business it will take a miracle for all parties to be happy with a deal.
  • edited November 2017
    Just wish fck all had been posted in the first place and I would imagine 90% of other people feel the same, dont see what you gain by putting the rumour out there, people end up getting their hopes up then feeling deflated not withstanding reading 100 pages of shit.
  • edited November 2017
    Something of significance has ‘without doubt’ been taking place.......which is what Rick spelled out as best he could. Though anyone who optimistically read it as a done and dusted deal really was being somewhat unrealistic wouldn’t you say.
    Even I thought that at first, but pretty soon, after putting my thinking cap on, I realised that DD just isn’t the same as putting pen to paper......after all, we’ve been down this road once or twice before haven’t we.
    It’s the hope that kills ya!
  • Just wish fuck all had been posted in the first place and I would imagine 90% of other people feel the same, dont see what you gain by putting the rumour out there, people end up getting their hopes up then feeling deflated not withstanding reading 100 pages of shit.

The thread was started when the rumour was in the national press, it could hardly be ignored.

More recently a lot of other people such as @Redhenry and @nth london addick have confirmed that something is happening, not just @Airman Brown

I think saying "could be as early as next week" was a mistake as some people will have read that as "WILL happen by the end of next week" but I'd rather know that something maybe happening rather than be kept in the dark.

Either way, it has no impact on any deal happening or not happening and as ever "When it's on the OS"
    I understand what Steve is saying though. Airmans news got people excited, and although something was/is happening, it could still takes months. Not Airmans fault, but people waking up hoping to hear news and it's just constant frustration at the minute.

Just remember this folks, one day Roland will be gone. Try to remain as patient as possible, it's a matter of when and not if. The thought of that day keeps me going.
  • For what it’s worth I’ve been doing due diligence on a software company for 2 months now and the value of the contract is only in low 6 figures! The technical, financial questions and the legal changes to the contract take lots of meetings and negotiations and we haven’t bottomed our the final cost yet!! DD on a football club and contract negotiations will take 3-6 months IMO.
  • cfgs said:

As someone who has both ears near to ground but knows absolutely nothing that's not already in the public domain, I too share @nth london addick concern. Whether that is a defensive mechanism I don't know, I just don't see anything related to them going to plan.

You aren't that short surely?
    Joke kind of falls flat when you have to spell it out... :-)
    I think I deserve a whooooooooosh
  • Just wish fuck all had been posted in the first place and I would imagine 90% of other people feel the same, dont see what you gain by putting the rumour out there, people end up getting their hopes up then feeling deflated not withstanding reading 100 pages of shit.

I do tend to take some of Airmans comments with a pinch of salt these days.
    More recently he started a bit of hysteria writing that a data centre had been set up at the valley to oversee DD and any takeover matters.
    Turned out it was a police investigation into the Eddie Hearn case.

Not doubting his credentials, but he is sometimes guilty of not letting facts get in the way of a good story.
  • Do people really ever fully believe a takeover will happen when things start off. because of Zabeel I never will trust it.

I still doubt Slater and Jiminez took us over and I still deny Roland ever bought us, deep down it's the only way I can tolerate him is by seeing him as a wealthy investor in the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s my view a wait this long is not good news

I’m very confident the process continues.
    Fake news, ricks just trying to sell more copies of his mag. Roland4lyf hope katrien will see this and she’ll finally sleep with me, don’t wanna be a virgin for too much longer
    Cabbles is that you?
  • After the initial excitement I'm now telling myself that anything this year will be great. If we get to the end of January and RD is still our owner and I'll slump back into quiet despair.
  • Something of significance has ‘without doubt’ been taking place.......which is what Rick spelled out as best he could.
    Though anyone who optimistically read it as a done and dusted deal really was being somewhat unrealistic wouldn’t you say.
    Even I thought that at first, but pretty soon realised that DD isn’t the same as putting pen to paper......after all, we’ve been down this road once or twice before haven’t we.
    It’s the hope that kills ya!

But I am guessing that DD is complete or at least very nearly. The timescales for DD I wouldn’t think are that long given the size of the business. Then I suppose the wrangling begins.

Did we hear that the negotiations had moved on to the previous directors owed money ? That implies to me that DD might already be complete.

But what do I know.

• As we are doing well in the league could it be the case that Roland is now stalling in the hope we go up and our price increases?
  • Maybe DD is complete and the potential new owner may have flagged up a few minor issues, the club may be trying to resolve these issues.

I know nothing by the way, just a thought
  • As we are doing well in the league could it be the case that Roland is now stalling in the hope we go up and our price increases?

Here is a Q for everyone, would you take missing out on promotion for RD to go this season OR we get promoted and he stays next season then sells

Here is a Q for everyone, would you take missing out on promotion for RD to go this season OR we get promoted and he stays next season then sells
    Promotion
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!