Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Please don't fill this thread answering a hypothetical question. If you must answer it, perhaps open another thread...... get the buggers out asap :-).

Sorry, thread police have turned up
    Whoosh
    Double whoosh
    Could this be a rare triple whoosh or have I inadvertently tee'd up the ultra rare quadrowhoosh
    Whoosh...
    Whoosh
  • I may have missed it but what exactly was the 'evidence' that brought about this new story of a takeover? Was it a DD document? Was it a letter to a bank? Was it word and mouth? What was it and why do we think its still ongoing? Obviously names can't be given but clarity on what form the information was in would at least help substantiate wouldn't it? My source says its a non story and isn't happening and that source would know. Whether that is or isn't true and the reasons for saying that, as Airman alluded to, could be indeed for good reason - i.e the post zabeel crash etc etc?? I don't know but my view is that RD does want out and has done since relegation / the change in strategy 18 months ago and if I was a betting man I'd say he will sell in the summer whether we go up or not with the up or not being the last part of the deal affecting the price.
  • Addickted said:

Five days to go.......

Literally planning a map of all the pubs near where I'm working on Tuesday. If it's announced I'm sacking off work and visiting all of them. ;)
    You finished that spreadsheet then
  • For the sake of everyone's sanity shouldn't the title of the thread be changed if its not Imminent??.

It's the hope that's killing us :-).
  • Rudders22 said:

So Airman Brown.. what is the latest in this so called rumour? Either pls put us out of our misery and confirm it has fallen through/not happening or are you able to advise is that it is a) Still going ahead? or b) Is there still interest? How advance are they? On an rating of 1-10 how confident should we all be off takeover happening on a 1-10 level. It was you that got us all exciited. Now I feel like I have been pissed upon from a height !! Pls can you update us ?

He needn’t have said anything at all. All he is doing is communicating what he knows.
    A*** licker!
  • Rudders22 said:

So Airman Brown.. what is the latest in this so called rumour? Either pls put us out of our misery and confirm it has fallen through/not happening or are you able to advise is that it is a) Still going ahead? or b) Is there still interest? How advance are they? On an rating of 1-10 how confident should we all be off takeover happening on a 1-10 level. It was you that got us all exciited. Now I feel like I have been pissed upon from a height !! Pls can you update us ?

He needn’t have said anything at all. All he is doing is communicating what he knows.
    A*** licker!
    Leave off - I’m surprised you haven’t asked airman to buy you a beer yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:

A*** licker!
    Leave off - I’m surprised you haven’t asked airman to buy you a beer yet.
    I did ask for a 1/2 price VOTV on the last day of sale.
  • Missed It said:

If Meire has been heavily involved I expect this to collapse in to a massive pile of fail!

You are looking at it from the wrong angle - how difficult would the buying lawyers find it!!
  • edited November 2017
    Perhaps we’d better hope the potential buyers don’t subscribe to sportmagazine.knack.be, following @Weegie’s comprehensive exposure of Roland’s Mouthpiece as a compulsive liar!
    Or should that be DO subscribe?!
  • I swear I have gone to purgatory with this thread. 500 years of a few comments an hour leading nowhere.

• Meire being involved is only bad for one party Roland, she will be negotiating the offer down as soon as she gets in the office at midday.
  • Missed It said:

If Meire has been heavily involved I expect this to collapse in to a massive pile of fail!

"This is the relatively successfull and well supported football club we turned into the laughing stock (laughs) of English football where nobody really comes to watch anymore.

It can be all yours for double what we paid for it ,plus whatever Roland pissed up the wall"
    We'll even throw in a sofa to sweeten the deal :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

"This is the relatively successfull and well supported football club we turned into the laughing stock (laughs) of English football where nobody really comes to watch anymore.

It can be all yours for double what we paid for it ,plus whatever Roland pissed up the wall"
    Would give you a lol. Except what they have done is not really funny...
  • Missed It said:

Many a true word spoken in jest (unfortunately for de cloob)
  • If Daisy has been involved in other lawyers I wonder how long it took for her to show herself up..??

I can just see her stomping around the office with the hump because she has failed to do something simple
  • I posted on the personalised number plates thread that KM15 OFF was available for a bargain £293. Well RD15 OFF is too! A matching pair for Xmas?
  • seth plum said:

I was told today, as very flimsy gossip, that if things don't get agreed by the end of November then all bets are off.

cfgs said:

Meire being involved is only bad for one party Roland, she will be negotiating the offer down as soon as she gets in the office at midday.

She will put in a clause for Uncle Roly, so that he gets a 250,000 pay out to his bank account, when the new owner makes their international debut
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!