Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

I may have missed it but what exactly was the 'evidence' that brought about this new story of a takeover? Was it a DD document? Was it a letter to a bank? Was it word and mouth? What was it and why do we think its still ongoing? Obviously names can't be given but clarity on what form the information was in would at least help substantiate wouldn't it? My source says its a non story and isn't happening and that source would know. Whether that is or isn't true and the reasons for saying that, as Airman alluded to, could be indeed for good reason - i.e the post zabeel crash etc etc?? I don't know but my view is that RD does want out and has done since relegation / the change in strategy 18 months ago and if I was a betting man I'd say he will sell in the summer whether we go up or not with the up or not being the last part of the deal affecting the price.

Tens of thousands of pounds have been spent and Meire has been actively involved this week, which would be odd for something that isn’t happening at all. I can’t give up the sources for obvious reasons but they are multiple, well placed and don’t know each other.
    Airmen, your choice, but I wouldn't respond to posts like this anymore mate.
    Posts like what? Asking what has actually given rise to 119 page thread?
    If you go against the grain, express independent or controversial thought or fail to tongue the right arses on here sometimes you're going to get shut down.

Better to stay schtum and view the wank circle as a silent observer at times.

:-)

• Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?
  • Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?

Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.

You may need them for New Years Eve, or the takeover, which ever comes first :smiley:
  • I think it’s fair to say we do know something is happening. At the moment I’m just thankful for that and grateful to those that are in a position to provide snippets of information. Lets hope everything goes well.

Echo this, thanks for any tit bits you can and do share Airman.
  • @Addickted has changed his icon picture - believe
  • Addickted said:

After the text I just got, I'm tempted to change it again.....

Forward it to me, mate
  • DOUCHER said:

Used to be a balanced forum where you could put an opposing opinion or offer up some information - hopefully will return to that once RD sells up.

Opinion's are like arseholes, everybody has one
  • Addickted said:

Five days to go.......

What birthday present do you have in mind?
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

For good or bad?
  • The circle of knowledge inside the club on this will be tiny - I doubt for example that Chris Parkes or Karl Robinson knows anything - and none of the people who do know will leak, certainly not to me.

The current ownership has no interest in broadcasting it - look at the whole way they have conducted themselves since 2014 - which is far more likely to be the main consideration than anything else.

As a fan I want to know if these clowns are going any time soon and I think that’s true of most people. If not what is the point of any reporting other than what the club wants you to know is happening at any given time?

without judging, how do you know about a deal going on then?
  • Addickted said:

• Addickted said:

Forward it to me, mate
    Can you then DM me at all with the message??
  • Addickted said:

Forward it to me, mate
    Cheers, interesting stuff but WITOTOS as ever
  • Aha!! We're being taken over by Bristol Rovers!!
  • Portuguese buyers?
  • cafcwill said:

Red does make a good point though. The complete radio silence on this very important “Charlton” issue is baffling. You would imagine that local football journalists would be all over this, yet nothing.

There could be an embargo? Like the deal has happened but they still have a few more i's to dot and t's to cross

Or could be the fact there are only a few left

hopefully we find out soon
    Or could be they want it announced on December 5th
  • Portuguese buyers?

Misunderstood Weegie's mention of Lisbon to the Belgium newspaper.

Text I got mentions AK, so avatar changed to suit

• Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Portuguese buyers?

Misunderstood Weegie's mention of Lisbon to the Belgium newspaper.

Text I got mentions AK, so avatar changed to suit

forgive me for being simple, but can you explain AK? or is it code that we can't know yet?
  • So our new owners r German? I don’t get
  • Some thing to do with our FA Cup win
  • Red bull?
  • Addickted said:

Some thing to do with our FA Cup win

Okay i will play along with you mate......FA CUP WIN 1947.
  • edited November 2017
    sammy391 said:

The circle of knowledge inside the club on this will be tiny - I doubt for example that Chris Parkes or Karl Robinson knows anything - and none of the people who do know will leak, certainly not to me.

The current ownership has no interest in broadcasting it - look at the whole way they have conducted themselves since 2014 - which is far more likely to be the main consideration than anything else.

As a fan I want to know if these clowns are going any time soon and I think that’s true of most people. If not what is the point of any reporting other than what the club wants you to know is happening at any given time?

without judging, how do you know about a deal going on then?
    Necessarily, there are a number of people outside the club who know. It’s a complex process.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!