Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• SE7toSG3 said:

Just my take on things,

those 'in the know' are suggesting that something significant is ongoing, they are neither able to give a time frame and are certainly not spreading unfounded rumours.

no-one who is in the know has even suggested that it is derailed, has a bad feeling the longer it takes or advised that anything has changed.

I would love it to happen now but realise that these matters take time, especially when they reach the negotiation stage.

Nothing is certain until its on the OS but, I am
    extremely confident that (a) the club is for sale and (b) there are interested buyers.

Amen to this.
    Seconded
  • Rudders22 said:

So Airman Brown.. what is the latest in this so called rumour? Either pls put us out of our misery and confirm it has fallen through/not happening or are you able to advise is that it is a) Still going ahead? or b) Is there still interest? How advance are they? On an rating of 1-10 how confident should we all be off takeover happening on a 1-10 level. It was you that got us all exciited. Now I feel like I have been pissed upon from a height !! Pls can you update us ?

If the position as I know about it changes, I'll communicate that. There are other people than me on here who are well aware that this has substance and is ongoing.
    @Airman Brown out! ;-)
  • Thirded
    I'm not a committee kinda guy
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Just my take on things,

those 'in the know' are suggesting that something significant is ongoing, they are neither able to give a time frame and are certainly not spreading unfounded rumours.

no-one who is in the know has even suggested that it is derailed, has a bad feeling the longer it takes or advised that anything has changed.

I would love it to happen now but realise that these matters take time, especially when they reach the negotiation stage.

extremely confident that (a) the club is for sale and (b) there are interested buyers.

Amen to this.

SE7toSG3 said:

Just my take on things,

Amen to this.
    Seconded

Thirded

This is why we need a "I concur " button
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017

ross1 said:

It has been said by people that know, that DD could take months, unless the person is as daft as one, who will not be named, who did not do DD (allegedly) and was surprised by the things they found out later

It could take many months but then again we don't know when it started.

If the potential owner is going over the books in detail, and we don't know that but it's a reasonable guess, then that suggests that 1. they are serious 2. they know what they are doing.

I'll keep saying this for @Rudders22 and anyone else - it is 0% done and will remain 0% done until it becomes 100% done and it is on the OS.

Until then it is up to each individual to get as excited, bored, dismissive, sceptical, cautiously optimistic or hysterical as they choose. No one is making you be any of those things, only you.

As the song reminds us every home game "Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy"
    I'm afraid I was, very very drunk at the time but now I'm just completely ......................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISy0Hl0SBfg
  • Rudders22 said:

So Airman Brown.. what is the latest in this so called rumour? Either pls put us out of our misery and confirm it has fallen through/not happening or are you able to advise is that it is a) Still going ahead? or b) Is there still interest? How advance are they? On an rating of 1-10 how confident should we all be off takeover happening on a 1-10 level. It was you that got us all exciited. Now I feel like I have been pissed upon from a height !! Pls can you update us ?

Yes it's still going on. Plenty of stuff to sort out. No-one knows if it will ultimately go through.
  • People getting all worked up like big babies because the takeover hasn't gone through yet. Give it a rest, be patient. Buying a football club ain't like buying a twix at the corner shop.

Theres only one bloke wannabemod on here who can confirm this though....
  • Nothing is happening.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Please don't fill this thread answering a hypothetical question. If you must answer it, perhaps open another thread...... get the buggers out asap :-).

Sorry, thread police have turned up
    Whoosh
    Double whoosh
    Could this be a rare triple whoosh or have I inadvertently tee'd up the ultra rare quadrowhoosh
    Three in a row? They call that throosh. Wait..
  • It will be a very sad day when Roland sells the club and this thread becomes no more. How will we then sate our disappointment or conjure up speculation, rumour and of course the absolute drivel. I say keep the DD going and enjoy this moment while it last.
  • Sponsored links:

• SE7toSG3 said:

Just my take on things,

Amen to this.

SE7toSG3 said:

Just my take on things,

Amen to this.
    Seconded

Thirded

This is why we need a "I concur " button
    This
  • Five days to go.......
  • I'd take missing out on promotion if RD goes this season without hesitation.

That's nuts. There's no guarantee that new owners would get us promoted.

Huge loss of perspective and some would probably forgo promotion to the premier league and champions league football if it meant they went.

I want them gone and even more so in the early years because they were clearly being detrimental to the football side of things with clueless managers like fraeye and perversely inadequate player recruitment.

They're utter divs but sacrificing football success in promotion out of this tin pot league without any guarantees of success with the successors is bizarre. (And I am fully aware that promotion wouldn't be a clear indication of success as we'd only be returning to where we were before their previous fuckwittery got us unnecessarily relegated).
    You do realise forum posts have no impact on where we will actually finish in the league.
    It's the mindset.
  • We should be able to mute threads on here, I can then wait for the "it's finally happened" thread and not have to see 100 new posts on this one every few days and be thoroughly disappointed after reading them all.
  • 65 unread posts...this must be a good thing right?
  • Solidgone said:

It will be a very sad day when Roland sells the club and this thread becomes no more. How will we then sate our disappointment or conjure up speculation, rumour and of course the absolute drivel. I say keep the DD going and enjoy this moment while it last.

Start calling for the new owners to go forth and multiply :smiley:
  • Fumbluff said:

65 unread posts...this must be a good thing right?

Nope. Nada. Not a frickin' sausage
  • Dazzler21 said:

Please don't fill this thread answering a hypothetical question. If you must answer it, perhaps open another thread...... get the buggers out asap :-).

Sorry, thread police have turned up
    Whoosh
    Double whoosh
    Could this be a rare triple whoosh or have I inadvertently tee'd up the ultra rare quadrowhoosh
    Whoosh...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!