Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Doubtless there are all kinds of machinations going on.
    I believe that the fundamental problem is that there is a desire to sell, but at a ridiculous price that would mean for Roland he can exit his experiment without it having cost him a groat.
    If he can't get it he will continue to pile on the debt and any hope that he might remember establish a harmonious club will remain a hope. The stewardship of this regime is punctuated by alienating events, and just now we haven't definitively 'turned a corner' so much as getting a bit of high water before the tide turns again.

• I think the developing scandal here is the state of independent investigative journalism in South East London. Local journalists are either incompetent, don't exist anymore or something more sinister is going on with regard to future advertising revenues.
  • Dread to think what Meire might tell any prospective buyer about us fans. Hopefully the other party/ parties will have the nous to do their own due diligence in that respect.

Depends who the other party is.
  • N01R4M said:

Perhaps we’d better hope the potential buyers don’t subscribe to sportmagazine.knack.be, following @Weegie’s comprehensive exposure of Roland’s Mouthpiece as a compulsive liar!
    Or should that be DO subscribe?!

I wouldn’t worry, after talking to her for a couple of minutes, they will know she is a liar.
  • Red does make a good point though. The complete radio silence on this very important “Charlton” issue is baffling. You would imagine that local football journalists would be all over this, yet nothing.
  • Red does make a good point though. The complete radio silence on this very important “Charlton” issue is baffling. You would imagine that local football journalists would be all over this, yet nothing.

There could be an embargo? Like the deal has happened but they still have a few more i's to dot and t's to cross

Or could be the fact there are only a few left

hopefully we find out soon

That's partly because it's not primarily a story about football, but one about business. They have much better contacts and access than me on the former, but when the club isn't talking on the latter it's hard for them to find a way in.
  • Sponsored links:

• put things in perspe
    Croydon said:

DOUCHER said:

I may have missed it but what exactly was the 'evidence' that brought about this new story of a takeover? Was it a DD document? Was it a letter to a bank? Was it word and mouth? What was it and why do we think its still ongoing? Obviously names can't be given but clarity on what form the information was in would at least help substantiate wouldn't it? My source says its a non story and isn't happening and that source would know. Whether that is or isn't true and the reasons for saying that, as Airman alluded to, could be indeed for good reason - i.e the post zabeel crash etc etc?? I don't know but my view is that RD does want out and has done since relegation / the change in strategy 18 months ago and if I was a betting man I'd say he will sell in the summer whether we go up or not with the up or not being the last part of the deal affecting the price.

Thanks

Nobody knows other than a very few and I would suggest none of those post on this message board - you prat - the person who has told me what i know, does know but whether he is telling the truth, I don't know for sure - know what i mean!!!??? prat???
  • Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

I may have missed it but what exactly was the 'evidence' that brought about this new story of a takeover? Was it a DD document? Was it a letter to a bank? Was it word and mouth? What was it and why do we think its still ongoing? Obviously names can't be given but clarity on what form the information was in would at least help substantiate wouldn't it? My source says its a non story and isn't happening and that source would know. Whether that is or isn't true and the reasons for saying that, as Airman alluded to, could be indeed for good reason - i.e the post zabeel crash etc etc?? I don't know but my view is that RD does want out and has done since relegation / the change in strategy 18 months ago and if I was a betting man I'd say he will sell in the summer whether we go up or not with the up or not being the last part of the deal affecting the price.

Tens of thousands of pounds have been spent and Meire has been actively involved this week, which would be odd for something that isn’t happening at all. I can’t give up the sources for obvious reasons but they are multiple, well placed and don’t know each other.
    Airmen, your choice, but I wouldn't respond to posts like this anymore mate.
    Posts like what? Asking what has actually given rise to 119 page thread?
  • DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Tens of thousands of pounds have been spent and Meire has been actively involved this week, which would be odd for something that isn’t happening at all. I can’t give up the sources for obvious reasons but they are multiple, well placed and don’t know each other.
    Hard to believe you have actually read the thread.
  • <
    Uboat said:

DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Hard to believe you have actually read the thread.
    Where else on this thread does it say that somebody in the finance department has leaked it? If that is the case I'm surprised Airman has landed somebody in it
  • DOUCHER said:

So if they don't want it publicised if it is happening, i'm guessing the logic of leaking it and splashing it all over here, VOTV and the Mail etc is to try and pressurise it to go through or is it a quasi journalistic thing where people just have to be ITK / get the story out first? Would this not risk a post zabeel type slump or is the desire to get rid of RD so strong on here that if it scuppers the current good run the team is on, so be it?

How, exactly, would it scupper the team's good run? Amos is going to be so busy flipping through the pages of VOTV he lets 40 goals in? Ricky Holmes gets distracted due to his side-job as a financial auditor?
    If its happening then, why else would they deny it?
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

So if they don't want it publicised if it is happening, i'm guessing the logic of leaking it and splashing it all over here, VOTV and the Mail etc is to try and pressurise it to go through or is it a quasi journalistic thing where people just have to be ITK / get the story out first? Would this not risk a post zabeel type slump or is the desire to get rid of RD so strong on here that if it scuppers the current good run the team is on, so be it?

How, exactly, would it scupper the team's good run? Amos is going to be so busy flipping through the pages of VOTV he lets 40 goals in? Ricky Holmes gets distracted due to his side-job as a financial auditor?
    Who's denying what? I asked how you thought it would scupper the current good run the team is on.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Who's denying what? I asked how you thought it would scupper the current good run the team is on.
    the same way the zabeel deal collapse did - whatever that entails
  • That is one long half term break.....
  • see you when it reaches 200 posts - just don't put your lives on hold waiting for the takeover, that's my advice.
  • DOUCHER said:

see you when it reaches 200 posts - just don't put your lives on hold waiting for the takeover, that's my advice.

There's 3,500+ posts already mate. If you really can time travel can you conclusively tell me who killed JFK, it's been bugging me...
  • thanks fluff - pages
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!