Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited November 2017
    When I see this post near the top of the General Charlton page I keep getting a moment when I get all excited, like a kid on Christmas morning, thinking the great day has finally arrived. Only to find that all I have got is a lump of coal and a rotten orange.

We're stuck with the senile wannabe Donald Trump and Belgium's answer to Kellyanne Conway for the foreseeable, aren't we ...
  • Heard from a reliable source that the takeover will go through before 2030.

…It’s happening!

Is that the year, or 8.30 tonight?
    Whoosh
  • sm said:

Stig said:

Am I the only one trawling through the Paradise papers for news for this thread?
    So far I've narrowed down potential buyers to a great bunch of lads who will Tarmac the car park for cash, a Middle Eastern royal family, a bunch of Chinese property developers, several Russian 'entrepreneurs' and HM The Queen.

Now I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but.....
    There's only one Royal Charlton....one Royal Charlton.

I've heard it's a special Christmas present for her favourite grandson.

£592m in the family fund and knows Curbs - must be a hot favourite.
    I'm sure his Dad must know an insider who can make it all happen.
  • Redrobo said:

I spoke to a bloke in the pub who told me there may or may not be a take-over at some point. He seemed like an impeccable source.

Both drunk then.

There will be a takeover. Roland is getting old and nobody lives for ever.

Maybe if we all link arms and pray......?
    I'm afraid he has reproduced.
  • Sponsored links:

• sm said:

Redrobo said:

I spoke to a bloke in the pub who told me there may or may not be a take-over at some point. He seemed like an impeccable source.

Both drunk then.

Get rid of Roland and get Rodney .
  • edited November 2017
    sm said:

Redrobo said:

Both drunk then.

She's got the arse with it as well by all accounts.

;-)
  • Its always horrible to see a double whoosh in action, but you can't just look away...

Especially on the takeover thread, when every “new post” induces a dick twitch
  • It’s my view a wait this long is not good news

You need big balls, NLA.

Unless you know something we don't?

This sort of post is usually followed by someone else saying they heard from a reliable source that the takeover has fallen through.
  • mogodon said:

When I see this post near the top of the General Charlton page I keep getting a moment when I get all excited, like a kid on Christmas morning, thinking the great day has finally arrived. Only to find that all I have got is a lump of coal and a rotten orange.

We're stuck with the senile wannabe Donald Trump and Belgium's answer to Kellyanne Conway for the foreseeable, aren't we ...

No we ain't.
    Gone within months not years
  • He will go next Summer
  • edited November 2017
    BOLLOX!

Read too quickly and thought the 3k of unread posts for 'Things that generally annoy you' were for this thread!

Anyone got some wet wipes?

My guess is the Aussies still can’t get enough cash on the table and the other interest is too early to judge.

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    I have been witness first hand to one that’s on going currently at a lge 1 club (not us ) and I accept they can take a long time , I just don’t have the confidence that this will get over the line maybe once bitten twice shy but something seems odd with this one
  • Davo55 said:

I'm hoping for a very, very, very happy Christmas. And if it comes early, all the better.

Sounds like you know something Davo.......oh do tell....please.
    Come on, out with it man!

I’m very confident the process continues.
    But you promised us, cross your heart hope to die, no ifs, not buts, it would be done last weekend so WIOTOS
  • sm said:

Redrobo said:

Both drunk then.

Get rid of Roland and get Rodney .
    Fwee Wodney.
  • Katrien, as our old mate Karel would say, the clock is ticking.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!