Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Have heard someone other than the Aussies are in talks with Charlton.
  • dickplumb said:

Have heard someone other than the Aussies are in talks with Charlton.

Any ideas?
  • Are we in the midst of planted rumours to obfuscate?
  • seth plum said:

Are we in the midst of planted rumours to obfuscate?

I have no way of finding out. But was told this and am just passing it on.
  • dickplumb said:

seth plum said:

Are we in the midst of planted rumours to obfuscate?

I have no way of finding out. But was told this and am just passing it on.
    I am glad you have, and want it to be true, and want it to happen, but it is also so depressing because hopes raised can be hopes dashed.
  • It is getting closer.
  • But then again so is Christmas, Easter and the next millennium.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    RIP the actress that first played Peggy in Eastenders
  • We're being taken over by a dot???!!!

Katrien 's Kaff.
  • cfgs said:

But then again so is Christmas, Easter and the next millennium.

........and death.
  • sammy391 said:

From our pal Colin (bexley boy) over on the other site!

“New investor is Everton main shareholder Farehad Moshini and Andrew Muir but CAFC keep changing the price and mucking everyone around. Looks as if they are telling the Australians they have interest elsewhere, however they think this is just them trying to up the money.”

Sounds legitimate
  • Most likely, the deal will have a bonus payment to RD if CAFC gets promoted this year. That was built into the Leeds sale.

Doesn't mean that it is likely to happen with any deal for CAFC. Different clubs, different sellers and buyers and most importantly the jump in income and value of the club from League 1 to the championship is small (£3m ish). The jump from Championship to Premier League is over £100m
    Which isn’t much (£3m) when you consider purchase of new players, & probably increased wages. Increase in gates not likely to be all that significant.
  • imminent
    ˈɪmɪnənt/Submit
    adjective
    about to happen.
    "they were in imminent danger of being swept away"
    synonyms: impending, at hand, close, near, approaching, fast approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, about to happen, upon us, in store, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, in the wind, brewing, looming, looming large;
  • As many of us have, I’ve heard one or two ‘rumours’ this last week or so but none of which haven’t already been mentioned on here at onetime or another.
    Too many folks on here making two and two add up to five. Definitely something going on but just what is anyone’s guess as can be seen by the extraordinary number of takes and angles being thrown around on this thread alone!
    Wouldn’t surprise me if we see Goldfinger and Pussy Galore at Wembley in a few months time.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have no doubt RD's put word out he's looking for offers but can't see it happening myself. He will want too much money for what is now an averagely supported 3rd tier team and he's rich enough to not give a toss if we bumble along for a few more years. Quite depressing.
  • Just checking in in case the sale has been announced on Australian time.
  • Most likely, the deal will have a bonus payment to RD if CAFC gets promoted this year. That was built into the Leeds sale.

Doesn't mean that it is likely to happen with any deal for CAFC. Different clubs, different sellers and buyers and most importantly the jump in income and value of the club from League 1 to the championship is small (£3m ish). The jump from Championship to Premier League is over £100m
    Good point.
  • Welcome back Colin
  • How can Moshiri have an ownership in 2 English clubs at the same time? Not allowed, correct?

I think Morshiri is more the go-to man for brokering these sort of things not a potential new owner, he has done so for other sales in the past.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!