Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

There were other significant unpaid bills from last season as of ten days ago.
    Why isn't the EFL doing anything about this and the staff bonuses?
    If you expect them to do anything you'll have a long wait.

• cabbles said:

se9addick said:

Charlton to receive a cut of the £22 million Everton get for Lookman.

Wasn’t it Karrie that negotiated the deal though?
    We’re paying Leipzig 10% of the transfer fee then and getting a new red sofa in return
    And Leipzig are sending over there top house dj to perform for the reminiscence group.
  • Fumbluff said:

_nam11 said:

It was, until @SDAddick Started building a consortium

Can I get in with 50p and a lb of grapes* please?
    Get in there Fumbluff.
    I am currently conducting a review of my finances and assets with a view to joining this consortium.
    That’s if they’ll have me of course.
  • as it stands I'm not particularly bothered if the Aussies, or anyone else for that matter, don't have sufficient funds even for a Championship promotion push as all I want is a Club run properly, paying it's bills on time, paying anyone due money from it on time and treating staff, fans, indeed everyone with the respect they deserve and give me back a Charlton Athletic that I am proud of and proud to support whatever division we are in. Is that really too much to ask?

FUCK OFF ROLAND

Sometimes a poster hits the nail squarely on the head.
    Thankyou LargeAddick.
  • Fumbluff said:

*the grapes have seen better days, I was storing them in the genital hammock of an old pair of perished swimming shorts (ice white with royal blue action flash if you’re interested), turns out that wasn’t my best idea

I have a spare roll of duct tape and whatever coins I can find in the sofa to offer.

This consortium is really starting to build momentum. I feel we're close to making a serious offer.

ARE YOU WATCHING AUSTRALIA?!?!?!?!
  • Is there any hope of a takeover? Feels like we desperately need it right now. I’m genuinely concerned for the future if it doesn’t happen soon.
    @Airman Brown ?
  • sam3110 said:

Greenie said:

The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

Because it doesn't see that as their role and it has no desire to get involved.

It has no power and no will to get involved.

As long as clubs fulfil fixtures, don't break any rules about player payments and promote the EFL in the way they want they aren't bothered and never will be, it's not what they are for.

It's great to keep hounding them but they can't do anything and they don't want to.

Don't expect the EFL to come to our rescue because they won't.
    What about the EDL, can they help?
    What about BDL, can he help?</blockquote

What about BDSM ? Take our minds off of it
  • J BLOCK said:

WHAT ARE THE AUSSIES DOING

We may find out after the Fans Forum Lol
    I expect the line from the FF to be that the club is still expecting the takeover to happen imminently.
  • J BLOCK said:

I expect the line from the FF to be that the club is still expecting the takeover to happen imminently.
    I agree. What's their reason for saying this? (Assuming the takeover is still up in the air)
  • A dozen more pages of nothingness shit .
  • Sponsored links:

• Everything at the moment seems to be in stasis, with minimal expenditure going on, e.g. 3 on the turnstile readers in the East Stand being out of order - I assume that's the reason they had binliners over them, unless they're trying to save on the electricity! Sadly, the latter is probably correct

But they also don't seem to be bringing in income either. For example the adverts in the East Stand gents were from last season - several were for the Cheltenham Festival for last March - so clearly nobody has bought those spaces for this season yet.
  • edited August 2018

The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

As long as clubs fulfil fixtures, don't break any rules about player payments and promote the EFL in the way they want they aren't bothered and never will be, it's not what they are for.

It's great to keep hounding them but they can't do anything and they don't want to.

True.....but going forward they have to get some teeth from somewhere as at present they are clearly “not fit for purpose”, so change things.
    IMHO the EFL need to rethink just what they are about and somehow grow a pair.
    Too late for us of course but their powers need to be increased, particularly in regards to cowboy and uncaring owners.
  • edited August 2018

• Stephen King has just written a book based on RDs ownership he was calling it "Misery Two" but changed the title after reading this thread to "utter bollox'
  • J BLOCK said:

Then they need to be pressed on that.
  • J BLOCK said:

I think you’re probably right. When is the pointless Fans Forum meeting?
  • J BLOCK said:

I think you’re probably right. When is the pointless Fans Forum meeting?
    Don't go away, cause tonight's the night.
  • Simon Jordan reiterating his dislike for Charlton on Talksport. ‘Richard Murray’
  • iamdan said:

Simon Jordan reiterating his dislike for Charlton on Talksport. ‘Richard Murray’

It would make Roland Duchâtelet Simon Jordans favorite person then.
  • iamdan said:

Simon Jordan reiterating his dislike for Charlton on Talksport. ‘Richard Murray’

can't disagree with him on that one

• Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

Same.
  • You would need to go a long way to find someone as classless as Simon Jordan. Murray included.
  • Simon Jordon is Narcissistic and from humble roots, made money from mobile phones by being in the right place at the right time.(not Orange surprisingly enough)

Jordan is forthright with his words and summed up Sullivan and Gold when they were at Birmingham.
    (I couldn't repeat before the watershed)

Did he work out Murray when most of us still thought Dicky had the Midas touch ?

(Because he was/is Palace he always going to take mega flak on a Cafc website)
  • Football attracts egotistical knobs like Jordan and that c--t in Belgium running us into oblivion
  • Simon Jordon is Narcissistic and from humble roots, made money from mobile phones by being in the right place at the right time.(not Orange surprisingly enough)

Jordan is forthright with his words and summed up Sullivan and Gold when they were at Birmingham.
    (I couldn't repeat before the watershed)

Did he work out Murray when most of us still thought Dicky had the Midas touch ?

(Because he was/is Palace he always going to take mega flak on a Cafc website)

He may be right about RM but that doesnt detract from the fact he is a complete helmet.
  • It was all so clear cut 12 years ago. Richard Murray was the hero and Charlton legend, while Simon Jordan was a wanker...
  • It was all so clear cut 12 years ago. Richard Murray was the hero and Charlton legend, while Simon Jordan was a wanker...

Still clear cut, they are both five knuckle shuffle merchants :smirk: .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!