Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• iamdan said:

Simon Jordan reiterating his dislike for Charlton on Talksport. ‘Richard Murray’

as much as a prick i think simon jordan is, i think murray's "enjoy the championship" comment was classless, and seems to be a general reflection of the man in hindsight.
    Was funny at the time tbf.
  • Nug said:

Ozzies need to break cover and get some info out one way or another. Fans and more importantly staff need to know if this is coming to a conclusion, makes a difference for both groups on what's the next step.

Blimey, the Aussies!! Yes, I remember them!!
  • So focusing on the takeover element of that email leak...

- RD intention to sale clearly stated from horse's mouth

- Charlton are still maintaining the non-sale is down to the Aussies.

- it doesn't appear anything is imminent. In fact on the face of it, it looks like things have remained pretty much unmoved in the last month.
  • So focusing on the takeover element of that email leak...

- RD intention to sale clearly stated from horse's mouth

- Charlton are still maintaining the non-sale is down to the Aussies.

- it doesn't appear anything is imminent. In fact on the face of it, it looks like things have remained pretty much unmoved in the last month.

And a mystery second bidder.
  • iamdan said:

Simon Jordan reiterating his dislike for Charlton on Talksport. ‘Richard Murray’

The feeling is mutual believe me!

• edited August 2018
    Part of latest RD statement

“The club makes a very significant operating loss every month which is out of proportion with the occasional player sales revenue intended to offset these operating losses. Various parties interested in taking over have been put off by the high running costs. This is a matter of restoring the financial health of the club, which had got out of control for a League One club.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/951252741?-11197:833
  • edited August 2018
    ross1 said:

“The club makes a very significant operating loss every month which is out of proportion with the occasional player sales revenue intended to offset these operating losses. Various parties interested in taking over have been put off by the high running costs. This is a matter of restoring the financial health of the club, which had got out of control for a League One club.

Yep, nothing to do with the massively over inflated asking price that RD wants. He's told us what it really is, it's the running costs that can only ever be slightly lower than they are now (and only if you strip the club back to the point where it's barely operational) and can only possibly rise if/when new owners get us promoted.
  • addick05 said:

The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

There were other significant unpaid bills from last season as of ten days ago.
    Why isn't the EFL doing anything about this and the staff bonuses?
    If you expect them to do anything you'll have a long wait.

Let's travel to an alternative universe. One were a concerned EFL has the powers and the spine to remove shambolic owners. What would happen next? There's no way the EFL could or would pay to keep CAFC running. (Others clubs would be up in arms.) So, there would be no money. The club would, at least, go into administration but possibly liquidation. What else could possibly be done? Anyone any suggestions?
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

And whose fault is it that we are in League 1 Roland? You yellow toothed prick!
  • Fans forum Tonight all will be said is talks ongoing about takeover.
  • I really hope we get clarification on exactly what is making this takeover go on so long
  • edited August 2018
    J BLOCK said:

I really hope we get clarification on exactly what is making this takeover go on so long

At a guess I would think it's because Roland is a complete and is asking far too much money
  • Fans forum Tonight all will be said is talks ongoing about takeover.

I'd be surprised if anything further is said from what got put under the Takeover section of the email this morning
  • cafcfan said:

addick05 said:

The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

Let's travel to an alternative universe. One were a concerned EFL has the powers and the spine to remove shambolic owners. What would happen next? There's no way the EFL could or would pay to keep CAFC running. (Others clubs would be up in arms.) So, there would be no money. The club would, at least, go into administration but possibly liquidation. What else could possibly be done? Anyone any suggestions?
    In general, what EXACTLY can the EFL do with bad owners? It's not as if the EFL can come in and decide on a price, or decide who the next owner is.
  • cafcfan said:

addick05 said:

In general, what EXACTLY can the EFL do with bad owners? It's not as if the EFL can come in and decide on a price, or decide who the next owner is.
    True, he cant be made to sell, but maybe they could fine the rancid old scrote. Didn't the Accrington chairman get fined for buying his players a burger?
  • FACT :trollface:

It might be done, announcement expected sometime.
  • edited August 2018
    HarryLime said:

cafcfan said:

addick05 said:

True, he cant be made to sell, but maybe they could fine the rancid old scrote. Didn't the Accrington chairman get fined for buying his players a burger?
    He'd have to break a specific rule though

And the fine would be against the club, so he's probably take it out of the light bulb budget or sell another player in January to pay it
  • Sponsored links:

• We're on page 1213. I reckon it'll be done by the time we get to page 121314.
  • You hear of fan buyouts! Is there actually a way of doing that?
  • CafcSCP said:

You hear of fan buyouts! Is there actually a way of doing that?

Usually for smaller clubs though.

If he wants 40 million that would mean 10k Charlton fans needing to find 4k each. Possible of course but unlikely.

But even if that could happen, then comes the bigger problem, finding even more money to run the club.

Not really going to happen.
  • edited August 2018
    CafcSCP said:

If around 5,000 fans put in around £8,000 each and allocate another £8,000 each for a couple of years running costs then yes - an offer could be made. Might need a bit less than that as I'm sure he wouldn't expect £40m up front - but I think they are the ballpark figures. More realistically - get a collection of fans together (who could afford it) and offer to buy into the Aussie consortium to get a "fan's voice" as part of the ownership.
  • CafcSCP said:

One reason for having an active Supporters' Trust.

There are clubs where the Trust owns shares and assists in the management of the club. Swansea on their way up to the Premiership are an example although it all fell apart in the Prem I believe.

@PragueAddick has researched this previously if memory serves me right and posted about it.
  • Trying to save money Roland! More protest coming your way with more running cost they bring to come your way.

Just give up wipe your mouth and stop trying to get others to pay for your mistakes
  • edited August 2018
    Mal said:

"The only thing that ever consoles man for the stupid things he does is the praise he always gives himself for doing them."
    -Oscar Wilde

Could've been written for me, that
  • This takeover is a big worry now. If prospective buyers are being put off by the high monthly running costs and expect to get those down by refusing academy players toast and water, not turning on lights and other literally penny pinching savings then how on earth are they expecting to progress the club. What savings can be made that seriously put a dent in £10million a month. Certainly none of the above. Getting fans back through the doors and spending again will help but hardly significantly on the £10 million figure. The only area of significance in cost saving is on playing staff. I want Duchatelet out and as far as possible from our club but unless what we’re hearing is club spin it seems to me there is a lot more woe to come. Hope I’m wrong.
  • This takeover is a big worry now. If prospective buyers are being put off by the high monthly running costs and expect to get those down by refusing academy players toast and water, not turning on lights and other literally penny pinching savings then how on earth are they expecting to progress the club. What savings can be made that seriously put a dent in £10million a month. Certainly none of the above. Getting fans back through the doors and spending again will help but hardly significantly on the £10 million figure. The only area of significance in cost saving is on playing staff. I want Duchatelet out and as far as possible from our club but unless what we’re hearing is club spin it seems to me there is a lot more woe to come. Hope I’m wrong.

Looking forward to finding out if the cost cutting as described in Shooties post, is down to the Aussies.

Looking forward to finding out if the cost cutting as described in Shooties post, is down to the Aussies.
    I doubt that to be honest and the real point I was trying to make is that IF the ongoing monthly cost is such a concern as to put off potential buyers what scope is there to really save on that £10 million figure. Airman would be best placed to know but I fail to see where significant savings can be made without affecting the quality of the playing staff.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!