Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I call bullshit.
    So according to Rolands latest mouthpiece two separate parties have agreed a price for the club.
    One party has completed DD and the other is about to do so.
    He then goes on to talk about further fans meetings in November is we have not been sold.
    All smoke and mirrors me thinks.
  • Scoham said:

My guess is he Aussies are looking for another investor. That would explain the rumours of the deal being dead and other talk that they’re still around.

Still not convinced the second party are real.

We could be weeks or months away from the deal going or falling through completely. Saying it’s just down to the Aussies to submit documents suggests it’s close but I don’t get that feeling from everything else that was said.

If it was very close there wouldn’t be much point other parties looking at the club.

My guess would be, we are no nearer a sale than we were back on page one, which must have been over a year ago now. Seems like another lifetime ago.
    I would say the asking price, not documentation, is and always was the stumbling block. Every buyer for everything wants a bargain and every yellow tooth dried up old scrotum wants top dollar.
    The rate of time this is taking I think probate might be involved.
  • @JamesSeed I have made it quite clear who told me on god knows how many occasions but because it came from the dirty side of town it was thrown out as not reliable ,

I think the fact that it has been stated on here that GM answered and email of how who and what is required to join the consortium

The fact they are still actively searching for investors

Shows that my pal the coach who works for the shit chalet family and was able to be present in communications between those discussing these things was right and so was those involved in the deal who held reservations over their ability to complete

There’s no point wondering what would’ve been with the Aussies that horse is well and truly refusing to jump the hurdle

Months ago I was told there were two others looking still and one who hadn’t gone away from the out set

I still haven’t seen anything to disprove this theory and nor had anyone else

I am sorry to say I, for one do not believe any of it now, I dont believe the Aussies are still in the hunt, and as much as there could well be enquiries about the club, £40 mill is just asking far to much.

Look at the history of this, look how long it has dragged on for, and were still no further as I see it, than we were end of last summer. If all the tales on this post were made on paper, it would of papered my front room and finished my hallway,

If Duchatelet was in that much of a rush to sell the club, no way would I have expected him to be hanging around months and months later, still waiting for proposed buyers to get their finger out, were being given some untruths and a runabout, something just dont sit right with me over this so called take-over.
  • J BLOCK said:

Any news on the nationality of this second party that’s recently come back in, don’t think it’s the mentioned British bid as they had been in for a while (if they were real in the first place)

Martians
  • I wouldn't be surprised if any potentisl new bidders or those lurking in the shadows are just biding their time & waiting to pick us up on the cheap under a "distressed sale" or suchlike.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if any potentisl new bidders or those lurking in the shadows are just biding their time & waiting to pick us up on the cheap under a "distressed sale" or suchlike.

Perhaps that's the Aussies' intention?
  • edited August 2018
    Roland will have to bolt and run at some point, i'm sure he has a deadline on his side. The Aussie's are waiting. The problem with this situation is the club and its well being which is now really suffering. Not just those that work for the club but the fans, customers, suppliers, the stadium. Every day that goes by all this gets worse and worse and the recovery time for the future stretches. Delaying may save money for the new owners in the short term but will cost them eventually more on recovery. Hopefully they see this and must embrace not just the money but the job in hand to rebuild the club with all the potential
  • Sponsored links:

• @JamesSeed I have made it quite clear who told me on god knows how many occasions but because it came from the dirty side of town it was thrown out as not reliable ,

I think the fact that it has been stated on here that GM answered and email of how who and what is required to join the consortium

Shows that my pal the coach who works for the shit chalet family and was able to be present in communications between those discussing these things was right and so was those involved in the deal who held reservations over their ability to complete

There’s no point wondering what would’ve been with the Aussies that horse is well and truly refusing to jump the hurdle

Months ago I was told there were two others looking still and one who hadn’t gone away from the out set

But presumably your 'The Aussie bid is off. Mic drop!' post was based on info from that same source? I'd treat what they tell you with a big pinch of salt tbh.
  • Mal said:

@JamesSeed I have made it quite clear who told me on god knows how many occasions but because it came from the dirty side of town it was thrown out as not reliable ,

I am sorry to say I, for one do not believe any of it now, I dont believe the Aussies are still in the hunt, and as much as there could well be enquiries about the club, £40 mill is just asking far to much.

Look at the history of this, look how long it has dragged on for, and were still no further as I see it, than we were end of last summer. If all the tales on this post were made on paper, it would of papered my front room and finished my hallway,

If Duchatelet was in that much of a rush to sell the club, no way would I have expected him to be hanging around months and months later, still waiting for proposed buyers to get their finger out, were being given some untruths and a runabout, something just dont sit right with me over this so called take-over.
    If the Aussies were not still in the hunt I feel sure they would have said so by now.

Personally I would be quite happy if this saga drags on a few more months but it ends up with RD taking a significant haircut.

Personally I would be quite happy if this saga drags on a few more months but it ends up with RD taking a significant haircut.
    I'm beginning to think the same.
  • Mal said:

@JamesSeed I have made it quite clear who told me on god knows how many occasions but because it came from the dirty side of town it was thrown out as not reliable ,

If the Aussies were not still in the hunt I feel sure they would have said so by now.
    Well I think we know they are, don't we?
  • edited August 2018

I call bullshit.
    So according to Rolands latest mouthpiece two separate parties have agreed a price for the club.
    One party has completed DD and the other is about to do so.
    He then goes on to talk about further fans meetings in November is we have not been sold.
    All smoke and mirrors me thinks.

Point of order. The OS news item clearly states that the second party has completed due diligence. Might be fiction of course.
  • Chizz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if any potentisl new bidders or those lurking in the shadows are just biding their time & waiting to pick us up on the cheap under a "distressed sale" or suchlike.

A bit of a dangerous game for a buyer to be playing with a football club potentially "on the brink" imo. If it all goes wrong, they can still walk away relatively unharmed, while the Club does from worse to even worsed
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t know why I keep checking this maybe I am proving the theory of insanity by doing the same thing expecting a different result.
    All I can say what has happened to my club has broken my heart. And sadly I don’t think the Aussies are going to be the ones to fix it.
  • Chizz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if any potentisl new bidders or those lurking in the shadows are just biding their time & waiting to pick us up on the cheap under a "distressed sale" or suchlike.

A bit of a dangerous game for a buyer to be playing with a football club potentially "on the brink" imo. If it all goes wrong, they can still walk away relatively unharmed, while the Club does from worse to even worsed
    OK, let's try a little analogy.

You contact me privately and tell me that you want to sell your bijou French pile. I come and take a look and like ti. Then you tell me the price. On checking, I find it's over the market benchmark by 25%. When i go back to you, you admit that you forgot to show me that you have converted the basement to a bomb - proof firing range which cost you €200k to install. I point out that I have no need of a firing range in my cellar. You then say that if you do not sell soon, you will be in deep financial shit. You might expect my sympathy. But would you really then expect me to pay your sale price?

• stonemuse said:

JamesSeed said:

I can't argue with any of the above in the absence of info from the Aussies. Perhaps replacement potential investors did their own DD and came up with 'you've gotta be kidding me!'

I've sent a message saying it might be a good time to make their own statement.

But if, as some have said for a while, they no longer (ever?) have the funds, then stop bullshitting us.

They have stopped bullshitting us. Silence reigns.

• The only scenario that makes any sense is that the Aussies have a price in mind that is below what RD wants. They are willing to wait it out and have been caught by surprise (repeatedly) by just how stubborn RD is.

I think they thought RD would drop the price once the season was over, there was no income and promotion hadn't been secured. He didn't.

They then though he'd drop his price once the transfer window closed and he was looking at months of out-goings with no possibility of selling domestically. Once again he stuck to his price.

I think they're hoping that once the international window closes and there's no possibility of any new cash (either player sales or sell-on clauses) until the new year that he'll drop his price. At this stage they can wait him out. With the windows closed there is no great time pressure on the Aussies, but RD's losses mount up by the month.

I think they'll get the club for the price they want sometime either late September or late October. In the meantime they can afford to let RD simmer.
  • Willy waving season returns....
  • Why would you buy it after the window closes? Wouldn't it make sense to let RD pay the running costs until December?
    Or if the Aussies put a statement out saying they have walked away due to the price surely then RD would have to reduce it
  • Why would you buy it after the window closes? Wouldn't it make sense to let RD pay the running costs until December?
    Or if the Aussies put a statement out saying they have walked away due to the price surely then RD would have to reduce it

Ideally any new owner would want to give themselves time to get themselves settled and work out the what they need to do in the window. From their point of view the first week of December would be ok I guess, but any existing owner would be pushing to get the deal done before pay day and another large expense.

I'm predicting September or October purely on the basis that reality will have to dawn on RD at some stage and once it does he will sell very quickly. Any monthly costs between the date things happen and any theoretical perfect date for the buyer can easily be factored into the price paid. So if the Aussies were willing to pay £30m on Dec 1st, then you just make the price £28m on October 1st and nobody is any better or worse off.

RD has been incredibly stubborn, but once he accepts that he's got accept the deal on the table then it will happen very fast.

Once the transfer windows close all he's got to look forward to are mounting monthly losses and more and more hassle from CARD/ROT/Belgium20/etc.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!