Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Off_it said:

This thread is turning into ITTV.

A point of order but surely it's "ITV"?

Just because the people who post there seem to think "into" is two words, doesn't mean we should all go along with it. We've got standards to maintain you know.
    Yeh but you can't have two organisations calling themselves ITV, I mean look at the furore when the World Wildlife Fund got the hump with the World Wrestling Federation and threatened legal action :wink: .
  • edited August 2018
    RedChaser said:

Off_it said:

Just because the people who post there seem to think "into" is two words, doesn't mean we should all go along with it. We've got standards to maintain you know.
    Yeh but you can't have two organisations calling themselves ITV, I mean look at the furore when the World Wildlife Fund got the hump with the World Wrestling Federation and threatened legal action :wink: .
    But, point of order if you’re talking broadcasting then shouldn’t Independent Television just be IT?
  • edited August 2018
    Fumbluff said:

@Mark_West49

You seem to be lashing out at all and sundry too! Well, the entire thread has gone off the rails in the last few days, so why not join in. Good luck with putting Grapevine bang to rights.

But really I think we should all at least read the posts from the previous hour or so before piling in, don't you think? Had you done so you would have noticed @SoundAsa£ pointing out that @JamesSeed has voluntarily ended his short tenure on the CAST board and is not seeking election. So give both James and CAST a break on that eh? As for your other remarks re CAST may I suggest that rather than derail this thread, you come along to the AGM (probably mid-Oct) and share your concerns? Happy to buy you a pint and listen.

I was gonna go to that, but I’ve heard @razil is being shoehorned back on the board too and we know he doesn’t go anywhere unless he’s paid to, sheesh...

Note: Sorry, I’m just flinging shit around for fun, feels like what everyone else has been doing today and on my BIRTHDAY too....
    Is this post part of some record breaking attenpt?

Oic it’s your birthday and you’ve got the too many birthdays hump..?

(On a bus from Gatwick to long stay car park - feel quite queezy)
  • razil said:

Fumbluff said:

@Mark_West49

You seem to be lashing out at all and sundry too! Well, the entire thread has gone off the rails in the last few days, so why not join in. Good luck with putting Grapevine bang to rights.

But really I think we should all at least read the posts from the previous hour or so before piling in, don't you think? Had you done so you would have noticed @SoundAsa£ pointing out that @JamesSeed has voluntarily ended his short tenure on the CAST board and is not seeking election. So give both James and CAST a break on that eh? As for your other remarks re CAST may I suggest that rather than derail this thread, you come along to the AGM (probably mid-Oct) and share your concerns? Happy to buy you a pint and listen.

I was gonna go to that, but I’ve heard @razil is being shoehorned back on the board too and we know he doesn’t go anywhere unless he’s paid to, sheesh...

Note: Sorry, I’m just flinging shit around for fun, feels like what everyone else has been doing today and on my BIRTHDAY too....

(On a bus from Gatwick to long stay car park)
    Gatwick North or South?
  • edited August 2018
    Fumbluff said:

RedChaser said:

Off_it said:

But, point of order if you’re talking broadcasting then shouldn’t Independent Television just be IT?
    No, TV is the abbreviation for 'Television' and the 'I' is as we know for Independent so it's ITV :smiley: Happy birthday by the way :+1:
  • RedChaser said:

No TV is the abbreviation for 'Television' and the 'I' is as we know for Independent so it's ITV :smiley: Happy birthday by the way :+1:

What’s a transvestite then?

And thank you
  • Fumbluff said:

razil said:

Fumbluff said:

@Mark_West49

Gatwick North or South?
    Both by the looks of it - please don’t recommend a restaurant..
  • Fumbluff said:

RedChaser said:

No TV is the abbreviation for 'Television' and the 'I' is as we know for Independent so it's ITV :smiley: Happy birthday by the way :+1:

What’s a transvestite then?

And thank you
    I'm not going there for fear of incriminating myself, enlighten me :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy Birthday @Fumbluff
  • razil said:

Fumbluff said:

razil said:

Fumbluff said:

@Mark_West49

Gatwick North or South?
    Both by the looks of it - please don’t recommend a restaurant..
    In an airport car park, you are weird...
  • I get the feeling about @Fumbluff that he is the CL equivalent of Mr topsy turvy - assume the opposite of what he says..
  • Saw 200 new posts and thought something had happened. All I got was squabbling and someone criticising @Grapevine49’s excellent post. All very weird.

• @Mark_West49

Hello @PragueAddick . Excuse me if it comes across that way, but I'm not lashing out at anyone.

I'm sorry but (amongst the 1237 pages) I didn't notice that @SoundAsa£ had announed that @JamesSeed had relinquished his role at CAST. To be fair, there was a great fanfare on the CAST homepage when he was co-opted - I haven't seen anythng of the same magnitude on the CAST since his resignation.

For what it's worth, I thought it was highly dubious that someone (and I have nothing against @JamesSeed, and could care less if he's elected or not), should be 'co-opted' a few months before the elections; someone, therefore, déjà en situ; and given the current apathy with CAST amongst the general fansease, someone who was 'sure' to be elected.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing; but CAST should never aligned itself with CARD. I've always supported CARD, but CAST should have always remained separate as an intermiedary between the two sides. That no longer exists.

You can't go on blaming RD or the Australians or whoever. It's not a question of protesters/tourists etc...

Your @PragueAddick knowledge of the intracacies of football is far greater than mine, but there are so many holes in so many arguments put forward by so many people... and all you need to do is join up the dots: the missing answers - once you've done that, you know pretty much where you are.

NEVER forget @PragueAddick that CAST represents ALL fans (and I have no political interest whotsover in making this comment) and there are currently 5k who turn up to see matches: so they are not supporters of CARD. THEY ARE NOT TOURSTS - we have 5k minimum each game. Does CAST/CARD represent those fans, or those to whom you are preaching to here on CL?

The mistake (with the benefit of hindsight) was to align CAST with CARD. You will never carry the fanebase like that. We need

• JamesSeed said:

Keep it coming James, some of us appreciate it

Thanks, although I’m not getting much of any use at the moment.
    I have no problem with someone like @Addickted because he’s motivated by his love for the club and obviously seriously thinks the Aussies would be bad for us. I disagree of course, but I can see where he’s coming from.
    The couple who always pop up if someone criticises me are just bottom feeders.
    @JamesSeed : I'm pretty sure my post will be deleted, but you have recently been 'opted' on to the board of CAST (and I haven't read a single word about it on CL - I got it from the CAST website).

As a representitive of all the fans (and I don't have an issue with you or know anyone who has an issue with you), do you consider it correct to describe people who disagree with you as bottom feeders?

Now you are a member of CAST you are here to represent the fans - even those who disagree with you!
    He's already opted out (serious).
    But why was he opted in?
    If you pay your £5 you can join the trust, ask any question you like and vote at the AGM.
  • Saw 200 new posts and thought something had happened. All I got was squabbling and someone criticising @Grapevine49’s excellent post. All very weird.

Just settled down for a catch up after a long, hard day and I too had 200+ posts to catch up on. That screamed ‘news of interest’ to me so I delved straight in. Well what a load of bollocks. I think some of you owe me and @LargeAddick an apology.
  • JamesSeed said:

I have no problem with someone like @Addickted because he’s motivated by his love for the club and obviously seriously thinks the Aussies would be bad for us. I disagree of course, but I can see where he’s coming from.
    @JamesSeed : I'm pretty sure my post will be deleted, but you have recently been 'opted' on to the board of CAST (and I haven't read a single word about it on CL - I got it from the CAST website).

As a representitive of all the fans (and I don't have an issue with you or know anyone who has an issue with you), do you consider it correct to describe people who disagree with you as bottom feeders?

Now you are a member of CAST you are here to represent the fans - even those who disagree with you!
    He's already opted out (serious).
    But why was he opted in?
    Who knows ?
  • @Mark_West49

Hello @PragueAddick . Excuse me if it comes across that way, but I'm not lashing out at anyone.

I'm sorry but (amongst the 1237 pages) I didn't notice that @SoundAsa£ had announed that @JamesSeed had relinquished his role at CAST. To be fair, there was a great fanfare on the CAST homepage when he was co-opted - I haven't seen anythng of the same magnitude on the CAST since his resignation.

For what it's worth, I thought it was highly dubious that someone (and I have nothing against @JamesSeed, and could care less if he's elected or not), should be 'co-opted' a few months before the elections; someone, therefore, déjà en situ; and given the current apathy with CAST amongst the general fansease, someone who was 'sure' to be elected.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing; but CAST should never aligned itself with CARD. I've always supported CARD, but CAST should have always remained separate as an intermiedary between the two sides. That no longer exists.

You can't go on blaming RD or the Australians or whoever. It's not a question of protesters/tourists etc...

Your @PragueAddick knowledge of the intracacies of football is far greater than mine, but there are so many holes in so many arguments put forward by so many people... and all you need to do is join up the dots: the missing answers - once you've done that, you know pretty much where you are.

NEVER forget @PragueAddick that CAST represents ALL fans (and I have no political interest whotsover in making this comment) and there are currently 5k who turn up to see matches: so they are not supporters of CARD. THEY ARE NOT TOURSTS - we have 5k minimum each game. Does CAST/CARD represent those fans, or those to whom you are preaching to here on CL?

The mistake (with the benefit of hindsight) was to align CAST with CARD. You will never carry the fanebase like that. We need

Is there a sub-titles version of your posts?
  • Sponsored links:

• @PragueAddick @SoundAsa£ @JamesSeed

sorry, cat walked over keyboard...

Sipmle truth is that CARD don't carry fanbase and....

Nobody, (even given the recent 'racist coments' by the chairman) gives a toss about CAST.

• Off_it said:

He stepped down some weeks back.

Really?
    Lol. If you'd read the thread before piling in ......
    so many answers, so many questions; and I don't need a yellow card
  • @PragueAddick @SoundAsa£ @JamesSeed

sorry, cat walked over keyboard...

Sipmle truth is that CARD don't carry fanbase and....

Nobody, (even given the recent 'racist coments' by the chairman) gives a toss about CAST.

Would you include yourself in the list of people who don't care about CAST?
  • JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

The reason JamesSeed got so emotional, is because he's been caught out withholding information.
    This MIGHT have contributed to the 3 month takeover delay.
    James has told us on so many occasions, that he has shared all he knows and we know as much as him.
    It was obviously not true, even if he does regard the information as personal.
    It isn't, not in terms of data protection.

Without having to read back, what info?
    Think he's saying that JS knew GM was having issues with settling in the UK and chose to withhold it.
    Ok, thanks @carly burn

JamesSeed said:

The reason JamesSeed got so emotional, is because he's been caught out withholding information.
    This MIGHT have contributed to the 3 month takeover delay.
    James has told us on so many occasions, that he has shared all he knows and we know as much as him.
    It was obviously not true, even if he does regard the information as personal.
    It isn't, not in terms of data protection.

.....Is because I’ve been ‘caught out!?’ Not true at all. In the past I’ve said I’ve revealed everything about the takeover but several times I’ve said I wasn’t going to reveal personal stuff.

For the last time (hurry up @AFKABartram ):

1. GM is the broker. He wasn’t sure if he’d be moving back to London as of May 18, so wasn’t sure if he’d be involved after the sale.

2. The family have been over looking at schools and houses. I didn’t share on here because frankly it’s a family matter and not relevant (except that it shows a level of commitment). Bear in mind that they spend about three years here up to around 2012, so not easy to uproot the family from schools etc again.

3. It’s possible that it’s not going to work out for the family which may mean that they will need to appoint a CEO. This won’t delay the sale. You don’t have to have a CEO in place for a sale to go through. It’s just more internet stirring from the usual suspects. It sort of sums up why I’ve had enough of it really.

I certainly see why Grapevine just comes on here once a month to post.
    Thanks. No offence, but you are a strange chap.
    You spend all morning complaining about someone divulging personal information and then you go and divulge a whole lot more.
    You couldn't make it up.
    Thanks anyway.
    No offence taken of course.

Colin’s spread a story that NLA has interpreted as meaning that the deal could be delayed or may even be off.
    It’s better the facts were known, rather than allow speculation to take over as it inevitably would.
    So you say that Colin says, then add a few 'difiicult weeks' and Colin qoutes you and....

Groundhog Day
  • Just to say I am due to be on LoveSport radio at around 14.30, on behalf of CAST. Believe it is a web only channel. @Davo55 was apparently on last Friday too, but I am not sure if it offers playback allowing us to grab soundbites off it.

Anyway, I will do my best to hit all the buttons.

Give me a shout down my ends Prago
    I took my chance...

They insisted on asking me what I'm doing (as a Charlton fan) in Czecho.

I said "that's nothing, there's one famous Charlton fan who owns a huge pile near Limoges in France, and can you believe it, he's a nailed-on Brexiteer..."

• edited August 2018

@Mark_West49

Did you go on Saturday ?
    It's complete and utter bunkum to assert that if you attend The Valley as one of 5,000 you are not a CARD supporter.

When the crisp packets flew on, it seemed like the whole stadium erupted into a chorus of "we want Roland out", followed by "just sell the club".

Now I'm sure some didn't join in, but the majority seemed to in my opinion.

If you were there and heard the reaction, then I think you have drawn a strange and incorrect conclusion.
  • IF we never get taken over EVER again we will always have this thread...

You do all realise you are all fucking bonkers right?

No - I'm a pineapple

Fares please - ding ding

All the way down please

Next stop Armageddon
  • Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

#FakeNews
    Why Mr Trump?
  • Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

#FakeNews
    Why Mr Trump?
    Well, I hope by now you have cottoned on to the fact that @JamesSeed is *not* on the board of CAST.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!