Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I’m chuckling reading these last few pages

I think takeover meltdown has reached terminal velocity
  • edited August 2018
    Mark West/Brown Bear....Mmmmmm?
  • in Dell Boys words "what a plonker" thats me.I saw 100+ new posts snd thjnk something might be happening re the take over but its just utter bollox as per
  • JamesSeed said:

Keep it coming James, some of us appreciate it

Thanks, although I’m not getting much of any use at the moment.
    I have no problem with someone like @Addickted because he’s motivated by his love for the club and obviously seriously thinks the Aussies would be bad for us. I disagree of course, but I can see where he’s coming from.
    The couple who always pop up if someone criticises me are just bottom feeders.
    @JamesSeed : I'm pretty sure my post will be deleted, but you have recently been 'opted' on to the board of CAST (and I haven't read a single word about it on CL - I got it from the CAST website).

As a representitive of all the fans (and I don't have an issue with you or know anyone who has an issue with you), do you consider it correct to describe people who disagree with you as bottom feeders?

Now you are a member of CAST you are here to represent the fans - even those who disagree with you!
    He's already opted out (serious).
    But why was he opted in?
    If you pay your £5 you can join the trust, ask any question you like and vote at the AGM.
    With the current apathy who would really want to?

CAST don't represent anything - no relation with the board (there isn't a board), the fans forum is fucked, and they'll always be tarnished with CARD. It was a mistake to mix CARD with CAST, or vice versa, but it was a huge fatal error. Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing?
    IF more fans like you joined CAST would be stronger, more representative, and there would be less apathy.
  • Saw 51 posts and thought something had happened, but mainly other people saying they saw a load of posts and thought something had happened....

When it's on the Bite Sized Thread
  • I thought it was all quite amusing ... especially as there is no real news.
  • Unbelievable Jeff
  • stonemuse said:

... especially as there is no real news.

Source?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    So Roland's Lying Lacky LDT is back in the office today to do his contractually obligated hours.
    How busy will he be or will he spend the whole day eating crisps at his desk?
  • Stig said:

Hearing the Saudis are close to finalising.

The buyer has now been identified as Sheikh Anvac and he says he wants to put the freshness back into the club...

I've heard that we are being bought by an Indian consortium led by Mahatma Coat. I'll get mine now.
    I thought he was called Singh, but would only go when we were winning
  • _MrDick said:

My reliable source tells me that ‘RD finally looking to lower price or adjusting the agreement to get the deal done he is desperate to sell the club

First sign of flexibility?’

Haha cheers Col
  • I thought I had overserved myself on the bank holiday beers, until I tried to read this last night.

Might have to read again.

Where’s that news come from Mr D?
  • Curb_It said:

I thought I had overserved myself on the bank holiday beers, until I tried to read this last night.

Colin (BB) on ITTV
  • I was out all day yesterday and I come home to more than 200 new posts. I immediately, and now quite stupidly, thought something must have happened and positive news was going to be read. However sadly it has been more in-fighting, @JamesSeed getting grief, and then all and sundry getting involved. I don’t know @JamesSeed personally, but I’ve always found his posts and snippets of information interesting and it is obvious, to me anyway, he is passing on what he thinks he can, without upsetting the person he knows. It is about time we all joined together and stop all this futile back-biting, name calling and “I know more than you” nonsense. We have, or should have, one common goal and that is getting rid of RD and his awful ownership of the club. In 4 1/2 years, he has managed the club in a downward spiral, saddled the club with more debt because of his poor decisions and split the fans who, on every forum I’ve read recently, have become fractured and no longer pulling together like we have in the past.
    RD must be laughing at this while sitting in his ivory tower, and we continue to feed him!! Please please please can we just all work together, or is that just a stupid request? It’s time to stand shoulder to shoulder, a stop acting like kids in a playground!

Thank you, much appreciated.
  • James. If you don't mind me asking. How do you know GM and how long have you known him for?
  • Sponsored links:

• I know it's been a bank holiday weekend, and the weather has been shite, but some of you need to have a good hard look at yourselves.
  • edited August 2018

James. If you don't mind me asking. How do you know GM and how long have you known him for?

Any particular reason you’re asking?
  • Curb_It said:

I thought I had overserved myself on the bank holiday beers, until I tried to read this last night.

Haha ... Ignore me B, I know nothing apart from what Colin @JamesSeed @Redhenry @DOUCHER and @Airman Brown post
  • JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

The reason JamesSeed got so emotional, is because he's been caught out withholding information.
    This MIGHT have contributed to the 3 month takeover delay.
    James has told us on so many occasions, that he has shared all he knows and we know as much as him.
    It was obviously not true, even if he does regard the information as personal.
    It isn't, not in terms of data protection.

Without having to read back, what info?
    Think he's saying that JS knew GM was having issues with settling in the UK and chose to withhold it.
    Ok, thanks @carly burn

JamesSeed said:

The reason JamesSeed got so emotional, is because he's been caught out withholding information.
    This MIGHT have contributed to the 3 month takeover delay.
    James has told us on so many occasions, that he has shared all he knows and we know as much as him.
    It was obviously not true, even if he does regard the information as personal.
    It isn't, not in terms of data protection.

.....Is because I’ve been ‘caught out!?’ Not true at all. In the past I’ve said I’ve revealed everything about the takeover but several times I’ve said I wasn’t going to reveal personal stuff.

For the last time (hurry up @AFKABartram ):

1. GM is the broker. He wasn’t sure if he’d be moving back to London as of May 18, so wasn’t sure if he’d be involved after the sale.

2. The family have been over looking at schools and houses. I didn’t share on here because frankly it’s a family matter and not relevant (except that it shows a level of commitment). Bear in mind that they spend about three years here up to around 2012, so not easy to uproot the family from schools etc again.

3. It’s possible that it’s not going to work out for the family which may mean that they will need to appoint a CEO. This won’t delay the sale. You don’t have to have a CEO in place for a sale to go through. It’s just more internet stirring from the usual suspects. It sort of sums up why I’ve had enough of it really.

I certainly see why Grapevine just comes on here once a month to post.
    Thanks. No offence, but you are a strange chap.
    You spend all morning complaining about someone divulging personal information and then you go and divulge a whole lot more.
    You couldn't make it up.
    Thanks anyway.
    No offence taken of course.

Colin’s spread a story that NLA has interpreted as meaning that the deal could be delayed or may even be off.
    It’s better the facts were known, rather than allow speculation to take over as it inevitably would.
    So you say that Colin says, then add a few 'difiicult weeks' and Colin qoutes you and....

Groundhog Day
    Spelling of 'qoutes' was enough for me.
  • JamesSeed said:

James. If you don't mind me asking. How do you know GM and how long have you known him for?

I think it would add some clarity to your messages.
  • JamesSeed said:

I think it would add some clarity to your messages.
    Really? There’s almost nothing in the messages. Can’t see it helping at all if I’m honest.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!