Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited August 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

James. If you don't mind me asking. How do you know GM and how long have you known him for?

Any particular reason you’re asking?
    I think it would add some clarity to your messages.
    Really? There’s almost nothing in the messages. Can’t see it helping at all if I’m honest.
    People are holding onto a lot of what you say and have suggested you are withholding information, which in my opinion is no problem.(witholding info that is)

I'd just like to know if you've met him once or twice through an acquaintance and had a brief conversation or you've known him for years and are life long friends?
  • I wish they would hurry up and we can all get on with slagging off the new lot!

I think you're closer to the mark than you may actually realise there Soaps
  • edited August 2018
    _MrDick said:

My reliable source tells me that ‘RD finally looking to lower price or adjusting the agreement to get the deal done he is desperate to sell the club

First sign of flexibility?’

Since when has Colin Sams been a reliable source? . I’ll answer that for you - Never
  • I wish they would hurry up and we can all get on with slagging off the new lot!

how very true !
  • There is no sale as such is there ?

It’s just a case of the Aussies having completed their due diligence putting an offer on the table and being prepared to wait until it’s accepted or ultimately rejected. Until that point they are completely comfortable with it being on the table. Hence the delay.

Presumably the saleable value of CAFC is diminishing to the point where, if the Aussie bid remains the same, it will be acceptable to Roland. Unless of course the Aussies reduce their offer in line with the reduction in the saleable value.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

James. If you don't mind me asking. How do you know GM and how long have you known him for?

Really? There’s almost nothing in the messages. Can’t see it helping at all if I’m honest.
    People are holding onto a lot of what you say and have suggested you are withholding information, which in my opinion is no problem.(witholding info that is)

I'd just like to know if you've met him once or twice through an acquaintance and had a brief conversation or you've known him for years and are life long friends?
    He told us this a long time ago. Their children went to the same school and they, and their partners became friends some time ago.

Not really sure why it matters.
    Thanks. Couldn't be bothered to trail through the shit on this thread.

That's fine and all very credible. I think it's relevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps I am too negative, or paranoid. But on the principle that you can fool all the people some of the time I have been moved to lump all takeover gossip, 'knowledge', deadlines, comments, due diligence EFL stuff and so on as basically us being played, all the people being fooled. But as that saying goes, some of the time not all of the time. We now seem to have reached the stage where all of the playing and obfuscation is unravelling, and what we are left with is no takeover and Roland forever.
  • I used to go down Millwall every so often in the mid nineties with a mate who was a fan. Think that says more about the company I keep than whether I am 'Propper Charlton' though!
  • OK, with page 1234 now dead and buried, the next great marker must be page 2345, so only another 1104 pages left to go then. Must be nailed on for that page !!

Or maybe we'll all just still be here waiting for news.
  • It’s gone meta
  • Ross said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Somewhere in between, as it happens. The info is already out there.

I got in a pickle about the family info being released by Colin. Should have ignored it, I accept. I then spelled out the facts in order to avoid speculation, which in my experience leads to the wrong conclusions being drawn. I got even more pelters for that, but no big deal, as my info added very little to the Colin info, and speculation stopped as a result.

Received a text today. It said ‘how are you? And it mentioned seeing the Daily Mail article.

But that’s it from me.

Jim (Millwall fan 1964-66 only ;-))
    Bloody glory hunters...
    Exactly.

As soon as they lost the Huddersfield like unbeaten home record off he popped!

:wink:

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2016/may/unbeaten-league-record/
  • 2 @Grapevine49 posts in a week

I wasn't ready for this

but well said!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Almost on a par with this mic drop Grapevine :wink: ;
  • LenGlover said:

Ross said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Somewhere in between, as it happens. The info is already out there.

I got in a pickle about the family info being released by Colin. Should have ignored it, I accept. I then spelled out the facts in order to avoid speculation, which in my experience leads to the wrong conclusions being drawn. I got even more pelters for that, but no big deal, as my info added very little to the Colin info, and speculation stopped as a result.

Received a text today. It said ‘how are you? And it mentioned seeing the Daily Mail article.

But that’s it from me.

Jim (Millwall fan 1964-66 only ;-))
    Bloody glory hunters...
    Exactly.

As soon as they lost the Huddersfield like unbeaten home record off he popped!

:wink:

I was actually at the game where they finally lost at home. It was before they played Spurs at home in the cup from memory.

Terrible, I can hardly remember anything about matches from last season, but I remember that. Maybe I really am a spanner?
  • Stig said:

@JamesSeed, I can't help but think that if you'd not made an issue of it, @shirty5's comment would probably have been lost to most of us; just another one of 37,000 comments on this thread. Instead something that would have passed most of us by (something and nothing in my opinion, but obviously not yours) has just become the major issue on the site this morning and everyone's attention has been drawn to it. And yes, calling people numbskulls is not acceptable.

I'd like to make two suggestions:
    1. If you want something deleted then please pm me and/or the other mods. To use Big Rob's phrase, we'll look into it. In this case I don't think I'd have personally done anything, because I genuinely don't see why it's an issue and it's already elsewhere in the public domain anyway. But ultimately, you only have to convince one mod and you may have had more luck with one of the others.
    2. If you, @shirty5, @ElfsborgAddick or anyone else can't see eye to eye, can I suggest that you ignore each other rather than getting into petty squabbles*. Frankly, I've got better things to do with my bank holiday than try to manage other people's arguments.

Thank you.

*[Edit - please note, I am not accusing Shirty or Elfs of squabbling, apologies if my initial wording led anybody to think that]

Thank you @stig That's much appreciated
  • edited August 2018
  • edited August 2018

I was actually at the game where they finally lost at home. It was before they played Spurs at home in the cup from memory.

Terrible, I can hardly remember anything about matches from last season, but I remember that. Maybe I really am a spanner?

Quote thing didn't work properly

I think that was the same day as my first away game to the Glaziers
  • Stig said:

@JamesSeed, I can't help but think that if you'd not made an issue of it, @shirty5's comment would probably have been lost to most of us; just another one of 37,000 comments on this thread. Instead something that would have passed most of us by (something and nothing in my opinion, but obviously not yours) has just become the major issue on the site this morning and everyone's attention has been drawn to it. And yes, calling people numbskulls is not acceptable.

I'd like to make two suggestions:
    1. If you want something deleted then please pm me and/or the other mods. To use Big Rob's phrase, we'll look into it. In this case I don't think I'd have personally done anything, because I genuinely don't see why it's an issue and it's already elsewhere in the public domain anyway. But ultimately, you only have to convince one mod and you may have had more luck with one of the others.
    2. If you, @shirty5, @ElfsborgAddick or anyone else can't see eye to eye, can I suggest that you ignore each other rather than getting into petty squabbles*. Frankly, I've got better things to do with my bank holiday than try to manage other people's arguments.

Thank you.

*[Edit - please note, I am not accusing Shirty or Elfs of squabbling, apologies if my initial wording led anybody to think that]

The behaviour of members of this forum is becoming as pathetic as the ownership and management of Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Anyone have the analytics on forum user drop off over the past 12 months?

I fear the constant in-fighting amongst fellow Charlton Fans & Supporters is sure to have negative blow back on here.

• "JamesSeed"

Does anybody like you?
    Do you care?

Cheers for that. Of course I care.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!