Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited August 2018
    stonemuse said:

JamesSeed said:

"JamesSeed"

Does anybody like you?
    Do you care?

Cheers for that. Of course I care.

whoosh?
    You’d hope so. But I doubt it.
  • For general information:

Millwall fans sing the following song on a regular basis:

No one likes us No one likes us

No one likes us we don't care

• LenGlover said:

For general information:

Millwall fans sing the following song on a regular basis:

Ok thanks. It was after my time of course, but I was aware of the song.
  • no more deviation or contributor-focus please, its being liaised privately.

Lets just have a run at focusing on topic please. thanks

prefer a marathon (snickers for the young un's) myself

• page 1234 was wiped out by the bad karma

the next significant number for numerology is 1248 so look out for good news when that hits but good vibes only
  • Does anyone know when the EFL/‘club’/CAST meeting is taking place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

no more deviation or contributor-focus please, its being liaised privately.

Lets just have a run at focusing on topic please. thanks

There's nothing you can know that isn't known
    Nothing you can see that isn't shown
    There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
    It's easy...
    All we need is love, on here please
  • JamesSeed said:

Just a point of order.

On the Bitsize thread it states: “Following an exchange with @JamesSeed Gerard Murphy from the Aussie Consortium warns of ‘a difficult two weeks ahead’, but also that ‘it’ll all be worthwhile’”

What he actually said was slightly different:

“There may be a couple of difficult weeks ahead but it will be all worth while when it is completed.” (When the sale is completed, not the two weeks).

I know this ‘statement‘ caused anger when the sale didn’t happen two week after it was posted. Hopefully you’ll agree that the actual words used make it less date specific.

In future I’ll keep messages like that to myself to avoid raising expectations unnecessarily.

Could just relay them accurately?
  • edited August 2018
    one slight correction from of the latest summary it makes it look as though LdV (I assume at the FF) agreed there were three groups that had completed DD but this is not the case as I understood it, he agreed 2, another group did an initial DD but then baulked..

Edit: Although I note the Daily Mail is mentioned/credited, this was not the impression given at the FF
  • JamesSeed said:

Just a point of order.

On the Bitsize thread it states: “Following an exchange with @JamesSeed Gerard Murphy from the Aussie Consortium warns of ‘a difficult two weeks ahead’, but also that ‘it’ll all be worthwhile’”

“There may be a couple of difficult weeks ahead but it will be all worth while when it is completed.” (When the sale is completed, not the two weeks).

I know this ‘statement‘ caused anger when the sale didn’t happen two week after it was posted. Hopefully you’ll agree that the actual words used make it less date specific.

In future I’ll keep messages like that to myself to avoid raising expectations unnecessarily.

So, you're saying that

"a difficult two weeks ahead" and "it'll all be worthwhile"

is materially different from

"a couple of difficult weeks ahead" and "it will be all worth while"?

Because they seem very, very similar to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• perhaps, is there a link to the Mail article?
  • JamesSeed said:

Just a point of order.

JamesSeed said:

ok but please don’t shoot the messenger:

GM anticipating ‘a difficult two weeks ahead’.

But also that ‘it’ll all be worthwhile ? ? ? ?’.

Which is slightly depressing if you hoped it would happen before the start of the season, but positive if you thought it wouldn’t happen this season at all, or they were pulling out.

I’m sure he’d want to apologise for not being able to share any proper details, but if you start breaking NDAs you immediately lose all business credibility.

[*turns off phone, dives for cover*]

PS 16/1 is poor value.

It might've been what he said, but that weren't what was reported and we can only go by what was reported
  • edited August 2018
    Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

Just a point of order.

It’s only a tiny difference as @chizz has said, (but add ‘when it is completed’) but it could be interpreted slightly differently. My mistake.
  • razil said:

one slight correction from of the latest summary it makes it look as though LdV (I assume at the FF) agreed there were three groups that had completed DD but this is not the case as I understood it, he agreed 2, another group did an initial DD but then baulked..

Edit: Although I note the Daily Mail is mentioned/credited, this was not the impression given at the FF

That will be because LdV is a liar
    Just like the previous puppet before him
  • cafcwill said:

razil said:

That will be because LdV is a liar
    Just like the previous puppet before him
  • JamesSeed said:

Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

Just a point of order.

It’s only a tiny difference as @chizz has said, (but add ‘when it is completed’) but it could be interpreted slightly differently. My mistake.
    That wasn't an attempt to dig you out, may have just saved you some stick when the '2 weeks' had passed.
  • edited August 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Stop all the attacks on anything @JamesSeed posts please chaps or I'll have to get @crumbles to start dishing out bans.

On the subject of Topics, I prefer Mars over those and (Marathon) Snickers bars.

I do miss a good lion bar though.

Four for a £1 in Tescos the other day @Dazzler21 one bite though these days and they're gone :disappointed: .
  • Dazzler21 said:

Stop all the attacks on anything @JamesSeed posts please chaps or I'll have to get @crumbles to start dishing out bans.

On the subject of Topics, I prefer Mars over those and (Marathon) Snickers bars.

I do miss a good lion bar though.

I can’t believe you numbskulls have forgotten the mighty, but long lamented, Aztec bar. Early seventies?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!