Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:

Just read the last 15 pages on this to try and catch up, still non the wiser :)

I write a fantastic summary and this is the thanks I get : - (
  • JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

Stop all the attacks on anything @JamesSeed posts please chaps or I'll have to get @crumbles to start dishing out bans.

On the subject of Topics, I prefer Mars over those and (Marathon) Snickers bars.

I do miss a good lion bar though.

I can’t believe you numbskulls have forgotten the mighty, but long lamented, Aztec bar. Early seventies?
    JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

Stop all the attacks on anything @JamesSeed posts please chaps or I'll have to get @crumbles to start dishing out bans.

On the subject of Topics, I prefer Mars over those and (Marathon) Snickers bars.

I do miss a good lion bar though.

I can’t believe you numbskulls have forgotten the mighty, but long lamented, Aztec bar. Early seventies?
    Or Bar 6, bit like a Kit Kat but much nicer, came in an orange wrapper.
  • Has Paul Elliott still been going to games this season?
  • edited August 2018
    So he reportedly has at least two offers on the table that amount to significantly more than he paid for the club. At that time we were in a higher division, had far better players and about twice as many fans attended matches. In what business world does the amount of money you have lost during your failure raise the value of your product? If he sells the damaged Charlton for more than he paid for it, surely he can leave with some pride. I'd say that was impressive salesmanship!

I'd like somebody to put that to him and hear his justification for damaging a product and doubling its value!
  • “Every great change is preceded by chaos”

― Deepak Chopra
  • I can't help but think had we gone up through the play offs last season we'd have been sold by now. We would have been far more attractive to buy.

Nobody wants to buy a third tier team losing £10m a year at the price RD is reportedly asking. At least had we made it to The Championship the riches of The Premier League would have likely enticed someone to do a deal at RD's price.

As it stands we're probably 2 years minimum away from The Championship, god help us how many years if we get relegated this season.
  • edited August 2018
    Roland has to factor in that risk - he is not going to get anywhere near what he could get today, if that happens! Arguably, the club will become worthless! Some people say he is doing what he is doing to spite us, but I think that is ridiculous. His personal wealth means he can try to polish the turd for his own ego, which we all know is massive. Any good businessman would get shot whilst there is an opportunity to do so. But he knows that he will still be rich when this is over, whatever happens. If this wasn't the case, he'd be gone already!

Saying Man City copied his idea is more than bordering on insanity - it is a million miles across the border! He may have had some merit in his idea but the execution was crap. You could argue a club like Watford had a similar approach, but when the opportunity arose, they went for it. I think there were opportunities, even in the year we went down early doors, but Roland was too tight to realise them. Because of this, it is hard to see how he could ever have made a success of it!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Just 2 days including today until the Lookman transfer deadline and the takeover can start to go ahead ? Or is that absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever ?
  • Just 2 days including today until the Lookman transfer deadline and the takeover can start to go ahead ? Or is that absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever ?

“It’ll be done once we know what division we’re in”

“It’ll be done after Konsa is sold”

Which of your options do you think is more likely?
  • Scoham said:

Just 2 days including today until the Lookman transfer deadline and the takeover can start to go ahead ? Or is that absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever ?

The second one...am I right ?
  • Scoham said:

We’ll find out next week :smile:
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

We’ll find out next week :smile:
    If I’m not that means it happened before Konsa was sold...
  • -
    Crusty54 said:

iamdan said:

Chizz said:

I don't think you should walk away @JamesSeed

As said earlier, let’s draw a line now please. no more deviation, user-focus posts please. They are not proving healthy. Let’s get this back on track.
    Exactly.

Anyone have info on the Morden Wharf move?
    iamdan said:

Chizz said:

I don't think you should walk away @JamesSeed

As said earlier, let’s draw a line now please. no more deviation, user-focus posts please. They are not proving healthy. Let’s get this back on track.
    Exactly.

Anyone have info on the Morden Wharf move?
    Yes Go Ahead London has moved a lot of buses into their garage there with more to come.
    new defence strategy?
  • Gammon said:

Sorry for being an idiot but what does ODT stand for

RedChaser said:

Gammon said:

Owners and Directors Test - fit and proper.
    Don’t worry Gammon, I didn’t know either. I was just too shy to ask.

• Gammon said:

RedChaser said:

Gammon said:

A good example of appalling communication skills. The full text should be used the first time, and then it is OK to abbreviate it.
  • edited August 2018
    Redrobo said:

Gammon said:

RedChaser said:

Gammon said:

A good example of appalling communication skills. The full text should be used the first time, and then it is OK to abbreviate it.
    TBF CAST are busy with CARD, ROT and the EFL : - )
  • Redrobo said:

Gammon said:

RedChaser said:

Gammon said:

maybe....but someone keeps on saying WIOTOS!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

Redrobo said:

Gammon said:

RedChaser said:

Gammon said:

maybe....but someone keeps on saying WIOTOS!
    LLLBH
  • Gammon said:

According to @RedChaser it means;
    One Direc Tion

• We've just signed a player on loan, which must mean Roland is/isn't (delete as applicable) selling.
  • edited August 2018
    The fact that all loan signings are for the season so far are not just January, shows a clear indication of Bowyer and Gallen plans.

But surely the joining players must ask about the possible takeover and this is covered off some how.
  • With nobody else there I presume that Jamie Cullen was signed by Eddie Stobart Van and Truck For Hire.
  • Fumbluff said:

Gammon said:

According to @RedChaser it means;
    One Direc Tion
    Sadly there's only one direction we are going in under the Rat and that's; down, down, deeper and down (never mind all these boy bands can't beat a bit of Quo).

Foxtrot Oscar Roland you sad excuse for a decent human being.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

I had one of the partners from Mishcon de Reya in my cab today. I quizzed her but she said she knew nothing about the takeover although if she did, she wouldn’t be able to say anything.
    One day one of my passengers will get me ITK

At least she never said 'No Comment' :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!