Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Are the protests helping the sale of the club?
    Presumably Roland will give the EFL full details about, and full access to, all of the prospective purchasers there have been so they can find out.
  • seth plum said:

Are the protests helping the sale of the club?
    Presumably Roland will give the EFL full details about, and full access to, all of the prospective purchasers there have been so they can find out.

:smiley:
  • As a successful businessman there should be no need to ask the EFL how to do things. Poking fun at them.
  • What the actual fuck ????????
  • Cuckoo
  • addick05 said:

Fumbluff said:

YTS1978 said:

Addickted said:

"had to take legal action"

Really?

Why not just ignore the wind up merchant like plenty of other posters on here do? Legal action against genuine Charlton fans, even if they are complete idiots, is a step too far as far as I'm concerned.

I’m a few days behind on this thread, but WTF is going on here? Posters “driven” from the site, taking legal action against posters on other sites. Get a fucking grip for gods sake!
    Wait until you get to page 1282, there’s orgies and all sorts of things going down...
    I fear that unless the Rat departs soon the only thing going down will be us!

That is highly unlikely wouldn’t you say.
    Sadly, yes. I reckon the EFL will swallow the garbage regarding poor communication as being the main reason for discontent from the fans (and employees). Surely the EFL people must be given our side of the story and there should be a representative from CARD and/or the Trust present at this meeting to put our side of the story?
  • Not sure Mr Rubashow (sp?) will be happy with this - he's been in charge of comms at the cloob for well over a year, so the finger (if comms is an issue) has to point at him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps it’s planned for October so he’s not the owner anymore, and he’s having a dig before he goes!
    Doesn’t have to face anyone if he’s gone already!
    Just making a statement to dig out CARD and forums like this.
  • cafc-west said:

After learning about SCMT, Roland is even more than a loser that I thought.

Although I can see us easily bumping up against the 60% wage limit under SCMT (as a percent of turnover,) RD could easily just directly "inject equity" to cover the difference. He last did that the year we were relegated and he said afterword "this will never be repeated."

CAFC is in NO way in any financial bind. He just no longer wants to put any more of his money in the club and.... that's it. So rather than put any money in at all, Roland uses SCMT as an excuse to asset strip and sell players to the highest cash bidder, even if it is below market value.

For example... our turnover is about £12M. Likely our total wages are 60%, at the limit. £7.2M. He could just inject one million pounds and the problem is over. But instead he sells Konsa below market, uses the transfer "profit" to goose the "turnover," and deal with it that way. LUNACY!

In fact, after reading, I am kind of blown away at how much leeway owners of L1 and L2 clubs have. We could technically spend £500,000,000 on Messi in the winter and it would not breech spending rules under SCMT. In the Premier League, you would get busted for losing all that money.

In a more reasonable scenario, an owner of CAFC could give Bowyer £3,000,000 to spend, buy six top players at £500K each, and we would probably go straight up. In the Championship, this club would easily fetch far more than the £3M spent on top of it's rational League One valuation.

Profits on transfers count as "turnover" for wage limits but money spent on transfers do not count as wages. That's amazing, and again, different than The Championship or PL. You can spend all the money you want on transfers in L1 without any effect on SCMT at all. No limit. You just have to keep first team wages within 60% of the total of turnover + owner equity injections.

Here is a quick article that explains it well (and easier) than the actual EFL document.

RD could have got us out of L1 as fast as he wanted. He just did not want to. His stupidity is almost beyond understanding.

https://bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/financial-fair-play-you-need-888037

Agreed all the way through your post except for where you say RD didn't want us out of L1 as fast as possible.

I think if we'd won the play offs last season we could well have been sold by now. Being in The Championship I believe makes us a far more attractive proposition to buy. RD just doesn't want to use his own cash to get us there as you said.
    He prefers to use his own cash not to get there by loaning money he will never get back to cover increased operating losses. Genius.
    Isn't this what the Glazers are doing at Man United? The club debt is more than £550m - mainly in the form of loans from the Glazers. And they are taking about £20m a year out of the club in the form of salaries and share dividends to family members. Suspect, one day, it might come crashing down - although as one of the biggest clubs in the world - maybe their debt is sustainable, whereas ours isn't...
    The Glazers bought United for 790 million, and the club is now worth well over 2 billion. I'm sure the Glazer's aren't too worried about the debt.
  • That statement. The geezer’s absolutely fraggled upstairs
  • His on the verge,and i predict he will go and we will be sold before efl meeting.

unless Usmanov and Redbull pull out
  • edited September 2018
  • Totallly bizarre
  • Sponsored links:

• Uniqu

Totallly bizarre

unique
  • Is that fucking idiot Meire back at Charlton or has cheeseburger tony finally gone off his tits

Thad’s statement is a pile of Murray shite
  • cafc-west said:

After learning about SCMT, Roland is even more than a loser that I thought.

Although I can see us easily bumping up against the 60% wage limit under SCMT (as a percent of turnover,) RD could easily just directly "inject equity" to cover the difference. He last did that the year we were relegated and he said afterword "this will never be repeated."

CAFC is in NO way in any financial bind. He just no longer wants to put any more of his money in the club and.... that's it. So rather than put any money in at all, Roland uses SCMT as an excuse to asset strip and sell players to the highest cash bidder, even if it is below market value.

For example... our turnover is about £12M. Likely our total wages are 60%, at the limit. £7.2M. He could just inject one million pounds and the problem is over. But instead he sells Konsa below market, uses the transfer "profit" to goose the "turnover," and deal with it that way. LUNACY!

In fact, after reading, I am kind of blown away at how much leeway owners of L1 and L2 clubs have. We could technically spend £500,000,000 on Messi in the winter and it would not breech spending rules under SCMT. In the Premier League, you would get busted for losing all that money.

In a more reasonable scenario, an owner of CAFC could give Bowyer £3,000,000 to spend, buy six top players at £500K each, and we would probably go straight up. In the Championship, this club would easily fetch far more than the £3M spent on top of it's rational League One valuation.

Profits on transfers count as "turnover" for wage limits but money spent on transfers do not count as wages. That's amazing, and again, different than The Championship or PL. You can spend all the money you want on transfers in L1 without any effect on SCMT at all. No limit. You just have to keep first team wages within 60% of the total of turnover + owner equity injections.

Here is a quick article that explains it well (and easier) than the actual EFL document.

RD could have got us out of L1 as fast as he wanted. He just did not want to. His stupidity is almost beyond understanding.

https://bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/financial-fair-play-you-need-888037

Agreed all the way through your post except for where you say RD didn't want us out of L1 as fast as possible.

I think if we'd won the play offs last season we could well have been sold by now. Being in The Championship I believe makes us a far more attractive proposition to buy. RD just doesn't want to use his own cash to get us there as you said.
    He prefers to use his own cash not to get there by loaning money he will never get back to cover increased operating losses. Genius.
    Isn't this what the Glazers are doing at Man United? The club debt is more than £550m - mainly in the form of loans from the Glazers. And they are taking about £20m a year out of the club in the form of salaries and share dividends to family members. Suspect, one day, it might come crashing down - although as one of the biggest clubs in the world - maybe their debt is sustainable, whereas ours isn't...
    The Glazers bought United for 790 million, and the club is now worth well over 2 billion. I'm sure the Glazer's aren't too worried about the debt.
    Yeah, debt only matters in comparison to cash flow and net worth. Any total by itself is meaningless.

CAFC's debt is 5x revenue. That's bad. ManU is 1x revenue. And our debt is between 2-3x the true worth of the club. ManU is 25% of club value. Our situation is farrrrrr more dire.
  • the debt goes when the club is sold so we should be back to zero soon, Roland is exchanging it for the value of the club
  • Those who are posting false reviews on TripAdvisor about Roland's hotel might want to be careful as someone (albeit in Italy) has been jailed under fraud for it...

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/tripadvisor-paid-review-fraudster-sentenced-to-jail/
  • Those who are posting false reviews on TripAdvisor about Roland's hotel might want to be careful as someone (albeit in Italy) has been jailed under fraud for it...

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/tripadvisor-paid-review-fraudster-sentenced-to-jail/

To be fair that says he was charging to deliver fake reviews.

He was being rewarded for tricking innocents holiday bookers.

Yeah, not sure anyone on CL is getting paid for their reviews though. Difficult to prove fraud if there is no intent to remove money from someone under false pretences.

You won't be jailed for writing a review lads, I wouldn't be worried.
  • edited September 2018
    What a pile of shit & the EFL will say well done Charlton we can see your willing to take advice & trying to communicate with the customers keep up the good work

No matter how false it's laughable that they're asking how to run their business :smile:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!