Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited September 2018

Redhenry said:

Usmanov denied he would be sponsoring Evertons training ground, a week later it was announced his company was sponsoring it. Just saying.....
    My source came from Merseyside btw.

Well... if that is true, then doesn't that 100% guarantee he can't be with us? I don't think league rules allow an owner to sponsor one club and own another. Besides, it makes no sense. If he had any interest in CAFC, why waste money sponsoring a future competitor?

It's not happening. He ain't coming here. Can we change the thread title please?
    Sounds like you've heard something @NapaAddick.
    The company that Usmanov and Moshiri own sponsor the training ground.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Can’t be a re-hash as it mentions the spokesman’s denial
    It’s a re hash of everything we already know. He was reported as interested and then a spokesperson issued a denial.

What in that piece is new ? Nothing. It’s a rehash.

• edited September 2018

Redhenry said:

Usmanov denied he would be sponsoring Evertons training ground, a week later it was announced his company was sponsoring it. Just saying.....
    My source came from Merseyside btw.

Well... if that is true, then doesn't that 100% guarantee he can't be with us? I don't think league rules allow an owner to sponsor one club and own another. Besides, it makes no sense. If he had any interest in CAFC, why waste money sponsoring a future competitor?

It's not happening. He ain't coming here. Can we change the thread title please?
    Why does the thread title need to be changed? It's a pun confirming that Usmanov isn't involved, therefore it should be fine for your theory (which, again, is incorrect)
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Can’t be a re-hash as it mentions the spokesman’s denial
    It’s a re hash of everything we already know. He was reported as interested and then a spokesperson issued a denial.

What in that piece is new ? Nothing. It’s a rehash.

I think some people will cling on to this part
    Instead, it's stated that Usmanov wants to purchase League One side Charlton Athletic, even though a spokesperson for Usmanov denied his interest in the Addicks.
    Clearly it's a rehash with HITC putting that part in themselves. As a new outlet they seem to have a lot of far fetched stories which never actually come to fruition.
  • We live in hope
  • Taxi_Lad said:

We live in hope

No we live in Crisis. Charlton are a club in crisis
  • could he be part of the Aussie consortium? pretty much keep nameless and out of the limelight? wasn't this originally said by some ?
  • The whole thing seems so opaque and weird it's almost like it's part of a money laundering scheme to build assets in the west...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018

I was listening to the Charlton podcast just now (2:30am) and heard a disturbing tidbit. That apparently we sold Konsa for a low amount because we needed cash to avoid breaching FFP rules. And larger bids included deferred payments (larger ones) but less... cash. And we needed cash to avoid an FFP breach.

First off, this would explain why we sold him so cheap. But how the hell can we be at the edge of FFP limits? We've sold so many players that just two years ago we were essentially profitable. One can lose £39m over 3 season. We have not lost that much.

But if it is true, and I were a prospective owner, I would not be too interested in buying a club that has no wiggle room to buy people in the transfer market. This might well be the takeover hangup, if true. I really hope it is not.

Did anyone else hear about this?

Deferred payments would be included in the 2017/18 accounts so I am not sure this makes sense. Contingent payments would not be.
  • I was listening to the Charlton podcast just now (2:30am) and heard a disturbing tidbit. That apparently we sold Konsa for a low amount because we needed cash to avoid breaching FFP rules. And larger bids included deferred payments (larger ones) but less... cash. And we needed cash to avoid an FFP breach.

First off, this would explain why we sold him so cheap. But how the hell can we be at the edge of FFP limits? We've sold so many players that just two years ago we were essentially profitable. One can lose £39m over 3 season. We have not lost that much.

But if it is true, and I were a prospective owner, I would not be too interested in buying a club that has no wiggle room to buy people in the transfer market. This might well be the takeover hangup, if true. I really hope it is not.

Did anyone else hear about this?

Deferred payments would be included in the 2017/18 accounts so I am not sure this makes sense. Contingent payments would not be.
    Yeah I was thinking that as well. If you're paying 5k/month over the cap in wages but in December you're getting a 400k installment payment, it wouldn't make much sense to penalize a club for thinking three months ahead of time. Also, I have to imagine that would provide a strange moving target for that cap number.
  • TelMc32 said:

In League One it isn’t FFP, but SCMP...Salary Cost Management Protocol.

It limits the amount any club can spend on wages as a proportion of turnover. For L1 it is 60% and for L2 it is 55%.

So anything that adds to revenue helps boost what you can spend on salary. Maybe Katy didn’t realise that...who knows.

There is also a "grace period" (either 1 or 2 season) for teams relegated to League one that allows them to spend more than 60% while they adjust to life in league one, usually because they have players on large legacy contracts from the Championship.

This grace period is often used to mount a title challenge and immediately return to the Championship e.g Blackburn, Wigan etc.
    Guessing our grace period is over and we are now an established lower league side with aspirations of playing in The Championship.

Thanks Roland.
  • In fact, this is what the rules say. You wouldn’t normally include revenue from player sales in turnover at all.

Profit on player sales

Any profit made on player sales is included within turnover on a cash basis when the instalments are received.
  • Who is Redhenry and how the feck do you have so many sources? I'm not saying that doubting him at all, as he always has the inside track... Just interested to know
  • Fumbluff said:

CAFCsayer said:

Who is Redhenry and how the feck do you have so many sources? I'm not saying that doubting him at all, as he always has the inside track... Just interested to know

I’ve heard his real name is Rolond and he has brown teeth.....
    And allegedly he would NEVER pass the "Duct Tape Challenge"...
  • ross1 said:
    I think TRR was just expanding on the ownership debate at Everton previously mentioned in the thread.
  • I thought we was going to be sold this morning at 10am.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Who is Redhenry and how the feck do you have so many sources? I'm not saying that doubting him at all, as he always has the inside track... Just interested to know

You have to sign the Official Secrets Act, first
  • edited September 2018
    CAFCsayer said:

Strangely enough Redhenry is a sauce himself;
    tomato unsurprisingly as you can see and he sits on the same row next to Redpepper, HousesofParliament, Barbiequeue and Sweetchilli, all of whom spill when you give them a good squeeze. :smiley:
  • I thought we was going to be sold this morning at 10am.

No you didn't!

• edited September 2018
    RedChaser said:

CAFCsayer said:

Strangely enough Redhenry is a sauce himself;
    tomato unsurprisingly as you can see and he sits on the same row next to Redpepper, HousesofParliament, Barbiequeue and Sweetchilli, all of whom spill when you give them a good squeeze. :smiley:
    You are so saucy...but I like you...
    Sauce: Dick Emery outtake circa 1973 :wink:
  • i
    CAFCsayer said:

RedHenry is George the trolley collector at Asda but dont tell anyone because his info will dry up
  • Assume that like FFP an owner can inject as much as they want in equity just not loans so no restrictions in reality are there, the owner just can’t lever the club as highly... although not sure how that would work in respect to salaries as a % of turnover...?

If an owner in L1 can seriously inject any capital they want (as long as it is not debt) then a rich owner has more freedom to spend in L1 than in the Premier League. In one window a new owner here could buy £10M of players and we would be promoted instantaneously.

There has to be some kind of hard caps limit for owner injections, no? If not... wow.
  • I thought it was the same across all financial fair play in that what the football league / PL want is to stop clubs accumulating huge speculative debt but are not hugely bothered by equity injections given they do not, in themselves, put the club at risk..?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!