Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I just think it’s a real shame that someone has been driven from this board for effectively posting in completely good faith information they have which nobody else could possibly get.

James Seed was ridiculously slated by some because things dragged on. Perhaps they should give thought to the other very credible sources we have that also gave some false hope. Richard Murray, Airman Brown both thought things were very close months ago. I am certain that they thought what was said was true.

None of us know why it’s dragged on but taking our frustrations out on credible posters is bang out of order.

I’m very grateful to anyone posting what they have heard even if it’s not ultimately 100% accurate.

Varney and buddies (consortium) will announce their takeover on Monday at 10am. You heard it here first!
  • Bowyer just said live on sky sports news the Russian is out. But there are two groups one the Australian and British group
  • Bowyer just said live on sky sports news the Russian is out. But there are two groups one the Australian and British group

What Russian
    Putin?
  • Given the much touted 'haven't got the funds' scenario, I see no possibility that this could be covered by a NDA, so a delay on this basis should be addressed by the Ozzies to maintain their credibility. The fact that they haven't suggests another issue out of their hands, possibly legacy issues.
  • Given the much touted 'haven't got the funds' scenario, I see no possibility that this could be covered by a NDA, so a delay on this basis should be addressed by the Ozzies to maintain their credibility. The fact that they haven't suggests another issue out of their hands, possibly legacy issues.

• Solidgone said:

I just think it’s a real shame that someone has been driven from this board for effectively posting in completely good faith information they have which nobody else could possibly get.

James Seed was ridiculously slated by some because things dragged on. Perhaps they should give thought to the other very credible sources we have that also gave some false hope. Richard Murray, Airman Brown both thought things were very close months ago. I am certain that they thought what was said was true.

None of us know why it’s dragged on but taking our frustrations out on credible posters is bang out of order.

I’m very grateful to anyone posting what they have heard even if it’s not ultimately 100% accurate.

Varney and buddies (consortium) will announce their takeover on Monday at 10am. You heard it here first!
    Well I for one hope this isn’t drivel!
  • Reg there today?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

I just think it’s a real shame that someone has been driven from this board for effectively posting in completely good faith information they have which nobody else could possibly get.

Mmmmmm!
  • Solidgone said:

Boy, are you leaving yourself open for some vitriol when the aforesaid announcement fails to materialise! Hope you have a tin hat and a deep dugout at the ready!!
  • From the north upper I thought the directors box looked pretty full today.

It was full on Tuesday, but noone that looked like a buyer.

More like familys so possibly players families
  • I think people are taking the “it could be next week” thing too literally.

I think it should say “it could be a week, a month or a year / nobody knows”

It was full on Tuesday, but noone that looked like a buyer.

More like familys so possibly players families
    What does a buyer look like?
  • Sponsored links:

• "Two weeks, two weeks, two weeks. I've been told today that it might be longer than that actually is"

The words of Karl Robinson on the takeover last season, making no sense but making sense at the same time
  • Addickted said:

"had to take legal action"

Really?

Why not just ignore the wind up merchant like plenty of other posters on here do? Legal action against genuine Charlton fans, even if they are complete idiots, is a step too far as far as I'm concerned.

Well it wouldn't be the first time Charlton fans had to take legal action against another person who calls himself a Charlton fan due to threatening mesages issued on social media.
  • Well none of the messages I saw were threatening.

I'd prefer to hire a hit man than a solicitor.
  • edited September 2018
    Honestly, sometimes this thread is hilarious, most of the time it's just sad. People winding each other up, people talking shit. But it's somehow compelling :smiley:
  • ross1 said:

Well if nothing else it means that it’s worldwide news that Charlton are up for sale. Maybe someone else will pop up off the back of all this press?

If we are to believe everything we hear, then others have already enquired. Another interested party has done a DD, then there was the Saudi's, the Chinese and not forgetting the British group. You see, everyone wants to own us :smiley:
    That may be true, but it appears no-one's daft enough to pay the amount of money Roland's asking for.
  • And there we have it. The one thousandth house purchase mention. At long last.

The takeover can proceed now.
  • Why the LOL?
  • I was not threatened but my survey was deleted
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!