Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Rothko said:

Is this thing done yet?

Charlton

Skipped the last five pages. Never have been and never likely to be really itk but my sources - including one who is v well connected in the football world and was on the button re the Scottish stuff - tell me this is a lot of fuss about nothing. Usmanov wants to invest in football but maybe Spain, maybe Italy, maybe UK. No whiff of a mention of us.

I skipped to this page also.

More chance of OohAahMortimer taking us over.
  • addick05 said:

A great man once said "You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

Did he though? Or was it Barnum? Or just a journalist. There is no proof either way. But James Thurber did say You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
  • Assuming what Bow was told is true and accurate, surely the only buyer who could complete as soon as next week is the Aussies?
  • Off_it said:

Some of you are going to look mighty stupid when the Aussie deal completes and James Seed is installed as the new chairman.

Let's hope he's not a vindictive person.

10 chips it will be then.

• Off_it said:

Some of you are going to look mighty stupid when the Aussie deal completes and James Seed is installed as the new chairman.

Why's that then?
  • Off_it said:

Why's that then?
    Why's what?
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Why's that then?
    Why's what?
    Why are some of us gonna look mighty stupid if the Aussie deal completes?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Macronate said:

What is the matter with these prospective purchasers?

We are a catch.

Using a dating analogy, we are ready to hop into bed with almost anyone with Roland being possibly the worst lover ever. We have a bubbly personality although if we get upset, we will protest.

We are animal lovers (mainly pigs), our stadium has curves in all the right places and we are always open to chatting and compiling surveys for no good reason.

We enjoy long walks (usually on a protest march), are used to disappointment and do not smoke (unless it’s in the NL bogs at half time).

If you’re interested, contact us directly. Don’t go through the Richard Murray dating agency as it is known to embellish the truth a bit.

You forgot the anoraks, cagoules and train time tables

Swipe left....
  • Mal said:

Mike said:

God we made a good forward step getting JS off of the forum, don't start posting his boring drivel about the Aussies from his twitter page. Broken record!

You may like it, a lot of us had respect for him, without people contributing to this forum, it would be nothing.
    I don't get why there is so much hate on this forum for other users. It's a FORUM which is open to everyone's OPINIONS. If you don't like a certain user or think they post shit, just ignore what they put. So I'm glad with what you've put and agree with what you say exactly.
    I personally think forums should be all about debating different opinions rather than ignoring posts you disagree with. I also don't think sharing your disagreement equals "hate" either. As long as it doesn't get personal it should be all fair game in my opinion.
    Not a shit post, at all.

Well said mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Mal said:

Mal said:

Mike said:

God we made a good forward step getting JS off of the forum, don't start posting his boring drivel about the Aussies from his twitter page. Broken record!

You may like it, a lot of us had respect for him, without people contributing to this forum, it would be nothing.
    I don't get why there is so much hate on this forum for other users. It's a FORUM which is open to everyone's OPINIONS. If you don't like a certain user or think they post shit, just ignore what they put. So I'm glad with what you've put and agree with what you say exactly.
    I personally think forums should be all about debating different opinions rather than ignoring posts you disagree with. I also don't think sharing your disagreement equals "hate" either. As long as it doesn't get personal it should be all fair game in my opinion.
    Calling another members contribution "drivel" is not what I would call a debate, or indeed respectful of another opinion that happens to differ from your own, all that will happen is fear of posting, which, in the end kills good debate.
    If you think the name calling on here is bad you should take a peek at the Brexit thread.
    2nd thought don't.
  • edited September 2018
  • Mal said:

Mal said:

Mike said:

Calling another members contribution "drivel" is not what I would call a debate, or indeed respectful of another opinion that happens to differ from your own, all that will happen is fear of posting, which, in the end kills good debate.
    I've had many robust debates in the past where my opinion has been criticised with FAR worse words than "drivel" but each to their own. I prefer my debates to be hammer and tongs rather than kum-bai-aa :)
  • Mal said:

Mike said:

Debate is fair enough and exactly what it is for. But calling people names or making them feel shit for what they post is not what it's about. Especially when mental health is such an issue in the current time and online name calling can have more effects. It obviously effect Seed so much that he felt that it was more negative for him being on here than enjoyable anymore.
    I don't know what names have been called I may have missed them on here - it's a big thread! - that's where it gets personal though which I've already said I don't approve of - I assume the mods would intervene in that wouldn't they?

However calling someone's opinion drivel is not what i'd categorise as a personal attack. As I said though each to their own.
  • Mal said:

Mike said:

Debate is fair enough and exactly what it is for. But calling people names or making them feel shit for what they post is not what it's about. Especially when mental health is such an issue in the current time and online name calling can have more effects. It obviously effect Seed so much that he felt that it was more negative for him being on here than enjoyable anymore.
    I don't know what names have been called I may have missed them on here - it's a big thread! - that's where it gets personal though which I've already said I don't approve of - I assume the mods would intervene in that wouldn't they?

However calling someone's opinion drivel is not what i'd categorise as a personal attack. As I said though each to their own.
    No that's fair and drivel is fine and nothing against you or aimed at you, just conversational. It's more the personal attacks to James when he hasn't even said anything. Just not needed. Whilst the club is being toxic, this forum doesn't need to be. :smile:
  • Curb_It said:

Did anyone believe it?

Not quite but what else can we cling to?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!