Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So to clarify things,after all is said and done, some russian bloke from Uzbekistan is defiantly not taking over the club with his Aussie pals?
  • So to clarify things,after all is said and done, some russian bloke from Uzbekistan is defiantly not taking over the club with his Aussie pals?

Looks that way.
  • edited September 2018
    Addickted said:

Well none of the messages I saw were threatening.

I'd prefer to hire a hit man than a solicitor.

So are you saying it is the Russians after all! Im starting to get confused now.
  • Uboat said:

Addickted said:

I'd prefer to hire a hit man than a solicitor.

Well don't. Turns out they are useless at conveyancing, which really added complications to my last house move.
    Mine was brilliant.

Fucked up on the lease, but got another £25k off the price.

• Chizz said:

And there we have it. The one thousandth house purchase mention. At long last.

The takeover can proceed now.

Don't forget the fish...!!!
  • Chizz said:

And there we have it. The one thousandth house purchase mention. At long last.

The takeover can proceed now.

Don't forget the fish...!!!
    The Codfather
  • Sorry to hear that James Seed has left, if anyone on here knows him, please tell him that anyone knocking him was in the minority and that the vast majority of us appreciated him passing on any info he had.

He didn’t flounce off, he said he was spending far too much time on here so was taking a break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes it was sad Seed was pushed out, but I'm confident Jimmy Trotter will do a good job

He left because his family were complaining he spent too much time on here, he also wanted to start writing a book, i believe.

This rewriting of history is ridiculous
    Whoooosh
  • Yes it was sad Seed was pushed out, but I'm confident Jimmy Trotter will do a good job

He left because his family were complaining he spent too much time on here, he also wanted to start writing a book, i believe.

Whoooosh
    It's hardly a whoosh when several people have said The exact same thing.
  • edited September 2018

Yes it was sad Seed was pushed out, but I'm confident Jimmy Trotter will do a good job

Whoooosh
    It was a joke about Trotter replacing Seed in 1956 not a comment on why @JamesSeed left Charlton Life in 2018.
  • @JamesSeed is shown as banned on his profile. Surely not self imposed....

Whoooosh
    It was a joke about Trotter replacing Seed in 1956 not a comment on why @JamesSeed left Charlton Life in 2018.
    I think everyone "got it" including Stu, but he just quoted that as the last comment to save going back a page
  • DOC64 said:

@JamesSeed is shown as banned on his profile. Surely not self imposed....

He’s NOT banned mate......and for the record, neither is ElfsborgAddick.
  • DOC64 said:

Well that's what it says on his profile page - who would have put that there?:

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/profile/JamesSeed
  • Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:

DOC64 said:

This has been mentioned a million times, if someone asks for there account to be closed like James Seed and Elfs that is the only avatar the mods have
  • edited September 2018
    micks1950 said:

DOC64 said:

It's the default setting mate.
  • micks1950 said:

DOC64 said:

This has been mentioned a million times, if someone asks for there account to be closed like James Seed and Elfs that is the only avatar the mods have
    Thanks.

I'm surprised that there isn't something like 'No longer a member' - which I've seen on other forums.
  • cabbles said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

DOC64 said:

Thanks.

I'm surprised that there isn't something like 'No longer a member' - which I've seen on other forums.
    I appreciate Seed provided us with some info and was one of the posters on here that was the most active, but can we try and keep this thread about the takeover, rather than people who had news about the takeover. This isn’t aimed at anyone in particular, just trying to draw a line under it. He asked for some time out which we all thought was best. I believe he had the best of intentions when he posted on here but because of the protracted nature of the whole shitfest that is the takeover, things got a little intense and a break was needed. Nothing more than this. Personally I welcome any contributions from whoever if they hear something to add. May be wrong, may be right. As the great HI says, wait until it is on the official site

But for the last sentence, would have been worth a promote.
  • addick05 said:

A great man once said "You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

Who was that great man ?
  • addick05 said:

A great man once said "You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

Who was that great man ?
    Jimmy Seed
  • edited September 2018
    cabbles said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

DOC64 said:

Thanks.

I appreciate Seed provided us with some info and was one of the posters on here that was the most active, but can we try and keep this thread about the takeover, rather than people who had news about the takeover. This isn’t aimed at anyone in particular, just trying to draw a line under it. He asked for some time out which we all thought was best. I believe he had the best of intentions when he posted on here but because of the protracted nature of the whole shitfest that is the takeover, things got a little intense and a break was needed. Nothing more than this. Personally I welcome any contributions from whoever if they hear something to add. May be wrong, may be right. As the great HI says, wait until it is on the official site

If that’s the case then why not make it a ‘new’ post rather than a response to my post that simply expressed surprise that there isn’t a profile category or ‘avatar’ for former members like ‘No longer a member’?

It’s a bit irritating when my last 2 posts are the only ones I’ve posted on this thread that are not specifically about a takeover (when the thread has multiple posts from multiple posters about anything but a takeover, plus a number having a go at @jamesseed).

Also, is it really necessary to refer to @jamesseed as ‘Seed’ (like a policeman or old style school teacher) rather than by his user name as is the usual practice?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!