Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• chilham said:

The pic from the tweet...this was about 2.30pm. They walked down through the DB to the pitch, CP walked them towards our lot warming up, they shook hands with the guy on the touchline then walked back up the steps to the Centre Circle lounge.

New caterers for the exec lounge perhaps?
  • addick05 said:

chilham said:

The pic from the tweet...this was about 2.30pm. They walked down through the DB to the pitch, CP walked them towards our lot warming up, they shook hands with the guy on the touchline then walked back up the steps to the Centre Circle lounge.

New caterers for the exec lounge perhaps?
    Maybe the Breakfasts are back!
  • Oggy Red said:

They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

So we are being bought by the Plymouth owners and will ground share at Home Park.

Huge potential to build a bigger stadium, large catchment area too.

Assume a merger as Charlton Argyle is the next logical and essential step.

You unicorn lovers will complain but we have to move to be successful in the premier league, there is no other way.

@Oggy Red and @charente addick will be happy.
    And you'll get more than 14 chips and a proper Cornish pasty.

you'd be the wrong side of the Tamar for that
  • Just popped in to see if there is any sens...i...ble, no? Ok bye!
  • Impressive that Bill Clinton has time to be Director of Plymouth Argyle with all his UN and international humanitarian workload.
  • Fumbluff said:

30 new posts they said.
    Something must be happening they said.
    Bloody Ginsters they’re talking about now.
    I swear I’m the only one consistently being sensible...

Francis Drake never played up front for Plymouth
  • Fumbluff said:

30 new posts they said.
    Something must be happening they said.
    Bloody Ginsters they’re talking about now.
    I swear I’m the only one consistently being sensible...

Francis Drake never played up front for Plymouth
    You are talking bowls! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s gone very quiet. The impasse is of Brexit magnitude.
  • "It'll be done after Brexit"
  • Just popped in to see if there is any sens...i...ble, no? Ok bye!

Sensible posts are a thing of the past mate!
  • markmc68 said:

Spoke with someone at the club last week. His view on the sale is that Aussies don't have the dough to start with and fawaz isn't in the frame. I haven't bothered reading anything before this post so if it's already been mentioned I apologise.

You seem to have a grip on reality.
    The Aussies probably have enough money to buy Charlton but probably think the current owners price is well wide of what they are prepared to shell out. Likewise the other guy and the mystery British lot.
  • It’s all gone quiet over there, oh it’s all gone quiet over there, oh it’s all gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there..
  • They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

So we are being bought by the Plymouth owners and will ground share at Home Park.

Huge potential to build a bigger stadium, large catchment area too.

Assume a merger as Charlton Argyle is the next logical and essential step.

You unicorn lovers will complain but we have to move to be successful in the premier league, there is no other way.

@Oggy Red and @charente addick will be happy.
    Put it on the bite size thread
  • Valley11 said:

Oh Christ, someone take this thread out to the yard and shoot it.
    Absolute bobbins.

Its an ex-thread shuffled off the mortal coil, and gone to meet its maker...
  • What’s everyone’s favourite pot noodle flavour? Microwave or kettle?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018

What’s everyone’s favourite pot noodle flavour? Microwave or kettle?

Beef and Tomato or Sticky Ribs

Always Kettle
  • Chicken and Mushroom and kettle, if you use the microwave I recommend you chuck a spoon in there with it.
  • What’s everyone’s favourite pot noodle flavour? Microwave or kettle?

Beef and Tomato or Sticky Ribs

Always Kettle
    Sticky Ribs? Where have I been!? Top of the next shopping list! (When back in the UK of course!).
  • When Roland finally slings his hook, I sincerely hope Charlton recovers better than his Belgian club STVV, where attendances, far from recovering, have continued to slide under its new Japanese ownership.
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=https://doorfansvoorfans.org/2018/09/15/ambitieuze-japanners-slagen-er-voorlopig-niet-in-meer-volk-naar-stayen-te-lokken/&prev=search

Of course, the stadium is still part of Roland's empire... but even that is currently costing him money...
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=https://derijkstebelgen.be/nieuws/nieuw-roland-duchatelet-pompt-80-miljoen-verlieslatend-vastgoed-stayen/&prev=search

Oh dear.
    What a pity.
    Never mind, Roland - perhaps property development also isn't quite the goldmine you anticipated?
  • edited September 2018
    I thought a pasty was just a pie without as much meat and twice the pastry?🤤
  • A proper pasty is meat potato and veg one half with fruit in the other half.

Main course and dessert innit?
  • I thought what made it a pasty rather than a pie was the inclusion of a baked disposable handle for dirty pit miners or palace supporters?
  • They ain't even got the dosh for a phone call
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!