Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• "Attendance is down again this year and commercial revenue has probably taken a hit also. Hard to see it getting back to the same levels as before in the Championship, even with a takeover as people will have got out of the habit of going."

Re attendances, it didn't help that Charlton played like shit for several years and got beaten a lot. Better this year thankfully.
  • _MrDick said:

He’s had some great roles over the years. He’s he better Hercule Poirot than David Suchet, IMHO.

_MrDick said:

He’s had some great roles over the years. He’s he better Hercule Poirot than David Suchet, IMHO.

addick05 said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

So we are being bought by the Plymouth owners and will ground share at Home Park.

Huge potential to build a bigger stadium, large catchment area too.

Assume a merger as Charlton Argyle is the next logical and essential step.

You unicorn lovers will complain but we have to move to be successful in the premier league, there is no other way.

@Oggy Red and @charente addick will be happy.
    And you'll get more than 14 chips and a proper Cornish pasty.

you'd be the wrong side of the Tamar for that
    Good spot, Lincs.

Outside the ground, I believe they're Ivor Dewdney's pasties, made in Plymouth - so you'd be right, but I find them fine.
    Their bakery is only a mile or so from the border at the River Tamar, but by definition not quite Cornish.

Ginsters, who sponsor Argyle and whose pasties can be bought in the ground, are made in Callington in Cornwall - so at least qualify as "Cornish"
    But you don't want to be buying one of they, down here living in Cornwall, we regard them as factory produced supermarket fodder .... 'tis not a proper pasty, boy.

Rowes or even Warren's make a much better Cornish pasty, but I really like Chough's in Padstow, baked on the premises.
    http://www.thechoughbakery.co.uk/

Yep, Chough’s in Padstow the best I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a few :-))
    Going down to Bridport at the end of October and the pasties in the bakers there are fantastic.

In the High St?
  • Honestly believe any interested parties are now playing hard ball with Roland, which given his stubbornness will only end badly for the employees, players and supporters of Charlton.

We continue to wait.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Honestly believe any interested parties are now playing hard ball with Roland, which given his stubbornness will only end badly for the employees, players and supporters of Charlton.

We continue to wait.

I think it will be a long one.

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Honestly believe any interested parties are now playing hard ball with Roland, which given his stubbornness will only end badly for the employees, players and supporters of Charlton.

We continue to wait.

If he's losing around a million a month running Charlton ....... surely there has to be a 'tipping point', when he'll accept an offer, if only to stop his financial bleeding?

• Solidgone said:

Jamaican patty v Cornish pastie

Wash your mouth out.................Oggy, sort him out.
  • Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

We continue to wait.

If he's losing around a million a month running Charlton ....... surely there has to be a 'tipping point', when he'll accept an offer, if only to stop his financial bleeding?

Not yet though. He's still on the blame game.
  • Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

We continue to wait.

All he'll do is sell more players every window... and re-invest in cheaper ones... The losses are reduced in line with reduced salaries of players.

Each token represents a first teamer he's likely to be listening to offers for.

• edited September 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

We continue to wait.

You would think so.
    But he is a special kind of arse.
    One with a superiority complex.
  • Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

We continue to wait.

He won't sell until he gets the price he wants - he'll probably lose another 50 million while waiting....

He's a stubborn old git...
  • Fucking Scorpio star sign ‘leaders with no empathy’ (based on a 2 minutes google search)
  • Sponsored links:

• HarryLime said:

Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

We continue to wait.

You would think so.
    But he is a special kind of arse.
    One with a superiority complex.
    I have said it before, his accounts team are probably using his losses at Charlton to reduce his tax bill across the group he owns so his actual losses will not be as much as some think.
  • N01R4M said:

@Nug , so long as Addicks are angered by Roland's antics, and are willing to protest and make their displeasure known to the world, I feel there is hope for the post-Roly future.

STVV is a living demonstration that the real danger is apathy.

This 100%

I fear that our apathy will be our downfall.
  • Googling further after that tweet and to remind everyone of this.. from 9yrs ago..

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/4641618.charlton-takeover-hopes-fade-after-valley-restructure/
  • FFS people its his EGO and it cant be wrong !!!
  • There is a minimum of 13hrs and 9minutes between this post and the one above.

It’s not happening is it :unamused:
  • Fumbluff said:

There is a minimum of 13hrs and 9minutes between this post and the one above.

It’s not happening is it :unamused:

No, it's not.

• Time for a joint statement again I think.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!