Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• good news or bad news Henry?
  • Rudders22 said:

good news or bad news Henry?

No news.
  • Sorry, just realised EFL meeting coming up soon and so this is to sneak one in before the EFC meeting. How cynical am I?
  • Rudders22 said:

Sorry, just realised EFL meeting coming up soon and so this is to sneak one in before the EFC meeting. How cynical am I?

Maybe the fans forum are buying the club
  • My hunch is we will be in exactly the same situation in 12 months time (though we could be a Championship club then)

Not unless Roland sells players underneath Bowyer's watch.
  • Rudders22 said:

As others have said most likely no substantial news but when the previous FF meeting on the takeover took place LDT promised another on just the takeover, as opposed to the more general meetings, if the great day when we get rid of Roland hadn't yet arrived.

So this is it.

So I don't think it has just been agreed because of the EFL meeting although I guess they will try and trot out some nonsense to try and keep the EFL happy.

I assume @razil @pico @Rob7Lee abd @killerjerrylee will all be there
  • cafc-west said:

Basic question. Has anyone got a feel for what the club would be worth in the Championship over League 1? Is the TV money much greater? Would it, for example, help to offset the £750k - £1m a month currently costing any owner?

Surely it's being one division nearer the Premier league pot of gold which gives the biggest boost to value? Especially for a reasonably sized club with a realistic chance of promotion (as opposed to a Burton or Yeovil say)

Early doors of course, but both Sheffield United and Wigan are currently in the Championship top 6 at the moment, just 2 points behind Leeds. Both sides we've recently played in L1.
    Think they have both spent on replacement players
  • edited September 2018

I’ll admit to having zero confidence through this whole sale capoodle but my hunch is we will be in exactly the same situation in 12 months time (though we could be a Championship club then)

Is this a pointer to a terrierfying future? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• N01R4M said:

I’ll admit to having zero confidence through this whole sale capoodle but my hunch is we will be in exactly the same situation in 12 months time (though we could be a Championship club then)

Oh cool, more puns, I’m a dachshund at these....
  • Rudders22 said:

same 'news'.....
  • No news is ....no news.
  • Rudders22 said:

As others have said most likely no substantial news but when the previous FF meeting on the takeover took place LDT promised another on just the takeover, as opposed to the more general meetings, if the great day when we get rid of Roland hadn't yet arrived.

So this is it.

So I don't think it has just been agreed because of the EFL meeting although I guess they will try and trot out some nonsense to try and keep the EFL happy.

How does one get invited to one of these meetings?
  • cafcwill said:

Rudders22 said:

So this is it.

How does one get invited to one of these meetings?
    You set up a supporters' group (Bromley Addicks, CAST, City Addicks, Maidstone CASC, etc) and then one of your committee represents that group at the Forum. The Museum doesn't have a representative in case any trolls are reading but Ian Wallis wears both his Bromley Addicks and Museum hat.
  • They say “no news is good news” but in the case of the takeover I don’t think so.

RolandOut
  • Fumbluff said:

N01R4M said:

Oh cool, more puns, I’m a dachshund at these....
    It's giving me the colliewobbles

• Rudders22 said:

My hunch is we will be in exactly the same situation in 12 months time (though we could be a Championship club then)

Not unless Roland sells players underneath Bowyer's watch.
    This all day long. The daft old Belgian's final Winston gesture to all of us.

• Well according to the latest club statement the unfair publicity regarding the non-payment of staff bonuses has impacted the owner's ability to sell the club. Presumably LDT will confirm that next week.
  • Well according to the latest club statement the unfair publicity regarding the non-payment of staff bonuses has impacted the owner's ability to sell the club. Presumably LDT will confirm that next week.

as so that what it is. he will come up with some bull about they had offers on the table but walked away because of CARD's protests and negative publicity.

• Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:

Well according to the latest club statement the unfair publicity regarding the non-payment of staff bonuses has impacted the owner's ability to sell the club. Presumably LDT will confirm that next week.

as so that what it is. he will come up with some bull about they had offers on the table but walked away because of CARD's protests and negative publicity.

Let's hope a statement like that is treated with the disdain it deserves by the FF reps present.....

LDT to be renamed L "Pants on Fire" DT.
  • I

Fans Forum meeting with LdT to discuss takeover on Wednesday 3 October.

Why are they waiting until 3rd October too take us over?

• A guy called Lieven De Turck
    Has some unusual wurck
    He has to tell fans
    A load of fake plans
    His boss we agree is a C***

Slightly spoils the rhyming but hey ho
  • Fans Forum meeting with LdT to discuss takeover on Wednesday 3 October.

No need for meeting as I can tell you now what LDT will say;

Price agreed with 2 parties
    Both still around
    Issues with both but no idea what they are
    mysterious British bidder still in the frame
    Delay not down to RD

ad infinitum.
    I just hope the Fans Forum reps push as hard as possible for clarity as to what precisely is holding things up. Again in Saturday's programme it was reiterated that "an Australian consortium have a deal agreed and just need to submit final papers to the EFL. The club doesn't know when the final documents will be lodged and de Turck remains in regular contact with representatives of the consortium". It also again referenced a price has been agreed with a second party that have completed due diligence.

LDT may try to use NDAs as an excuse, but he knows exactly why things aren't progressing and there is b****r all point in proceeding with a further meeting with the Fans Forum specifically to discuss the takeover if he is not prepared to expand upon that which has already been shared on more than one occasion. He can simply email them now saying I refer you to Saturday's programme.

• Fans Forum meeting with LdT to discuss takeover on Wednesday 3 October.

No need for meeting as I can tell you now what LDT will say;

Price agreed with 2 parties
    Both still around
    Issues with both but no idea what they are
    mysterious British bidder still in the frame
    Delay not down to RD

ad infinitum.
    Good try but it doesn’t rhyme...
    Modern poetry
    Doesn't
    Have to
    Rhyme, does