Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• PeterGage said:

addick05 said:

Have made up my mind now. No takeover for the foreseeable. I'm afraid we are all going to have to accept the situation and just get behind Bow, JJ and the team. Whatever is occurring of the pitch is beyond out influence. Judging by the lack of posts on here many have also given up speculating.

Disagree with your assertion " is beyond our influence". The reduction in match day revenue has hit RD hard, as judged by the cost cutting exercises recently carried out, amidst much negative press. I believe we must keep our foot on the austerity pedal and I for one will not return to The Valley until there is a change of ownership.
    It's not hit him hard at all. He's just reduced our budget to match the reduction in income. Indeed he might be cutting off field budgets just to prove a point, it's certainly not because he's feeling the squeeze personally.
    Do you honestly believe those cut-backs wouldn't have happened without the boycotts?

Madness.
    They happened because of the boycotts yes, but that wasn't the point of the boycotts surely? If 1000 fewer people turn up and he lays off a couple of accounts staff and sells Aribo to compensate, that's not actually an improvement.
    They would happen anyway。
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Welcome to Charlton Mike Ashley :wink:

Many a true word spoken in jest...........
  • Does any of our "ITK" crowd know anything of use at all?
  • Rudders22 said:

also if we are promoted.. he might get near what he wants... could be a win/win??

If we get promoted he’ll just ask for even more money.
  • T_C_E said:

fans turned up and spent 90 minutes eating and drinking

Bloody hell thats slow eating!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Does any of our "ITK" crowd know anything of use at all?

Yes, no takeover will happen and Roland will still own us in 2019.
  • I'm a bit disappointed that its Tuesday and we haven't had our message from the "owner" yet.
    Come on Roly, what's going on in your troubled mind this week.
  • edited October 2018
    Tantrum Tuesday, come on Roly we are waiting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rescued from P2 but when were this weeks meetings again?
  • Meeting today at what time?.
  • 17th for Roland.
  • Fans forum tonight.
  • Meeting today at what time?.

• Is it just the lying puppet representing the club tonight?
  • Assume so
  • I thought she’d left?
  • has the "two weeks" started yet ? i mean "it will be worth the wait" -------- a voice on a phone told some one
  • Sponsored links:

• More vague rubbish.
  • I really don’t understand this Aussie bid. How can they still be hoping to do a deal. They won’t be doing anything quick to move the club forward if there takeover process is anything to go by. Surely they are done.
  • Have to say, I’ve lost faith in the Australian bid. Every update relates to them sending documents to the EFL
  • So there is 5 interested parties and a sixth (Fawaz) that dropped out immediately after his own lackey posted on Twitter?
  • I have an idea... why don't all those interested parties form one giant consortium, then it would only cost them about 30 bob per person!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!