Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I guess perhaps RD hanging on for silly money might mean eventual buyers are that minted they can afford to pay silly money, which might be good.
    Clutching at straws now.
  • Scoham said:

Can I pick the mic up yet or shall I leave it on the floor

Fucking Aussies I shit em

Though if the delay is due to an unrealistic asking price then they’ve done the right thing. No one should overpay for the club.

If we were worth £35m/£40m or whatever is it he wants someone probably would have paid it by now.

I will leave it on the floor for now then
  • Scoham said:

Though if the delay is due to an unrealistic asking price then they’ve done the right thing. No one should overpay for the club.

If we were worth £35m/£40m or whatever is it he wants someone probably would have paid it by now.
    Then they never should have agreed in The first place.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

What exactly have they agreed? I’m not certain any party has ever agreed a price.
    Youd have to have a bloody clue before you done DD and got a consortium together surely.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

What exactly have they agreed? I’m not certain any party has ever agreed a price.
    The joint statement was pretty clear, wasn't it?

Their contact on this board also stated several times the deal was ready to go through, several times, you don't get to that stage without agree a price.

In my opnion They always planned to drop their offer at the last minute, assuming douchbag would have no choice but to accept, however, we know RD was furious at this and point blank refused.
  • Scoham said:

What you say would, under any normal circumstances, be correct......however we just don’t know what has transpired in this weird and wonderful saga to have ‘possibly’ changed their offer......if indeed an offer was ever made......or if one was, then was it accepted?
    Jeeezuz....what an unfathomable mess this is, just what can any of us be led to believe?
    Makes everyone’s heads spin.......anti clockwise I may add, which is of course far worse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Their contact on this board also stated several times the deal was ready to go through, several times, you don't get to that stage without agree a price.

In my opnion They always planned to drop their offer at the last minute, assuming douchbag would have no choice but to accept, however, we know RD was furious at this and point blank refused.
    If we assume the statements are accurate and not leaving out certain details. If we believe statements are 100% accurate then it’s nothing to do with price and the Aussies just need to complete the deal. Is that really the case?

It’s been months since those early statements. If they agreed and later dropped a price to beat others then why were they seemingly in no hurry now when there are apparently four other groups around (plus Fawaz)?
  • edited October 2018
  • I think the only situation that had an impact on the sale was us not getting promoted.
  • I was also a bit shocked to hear they only sat down face to face for the first time with RD in August, wasn't it, after Konsa sale? Think trust blown on both sides of that deal.

Feels like we are as far away as ever.
  • "In a land far far away an old man sits who seldom visits planet earth" ----- buy Stephen King's new book "TWAT".
  • Can I pick the mic up yet or shall I leave it on the floor

Since you often want to look for simple certainties, may I recommend to you the above quoted tweet from Bob Whitehand?

• Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

He was 'furious' with Fawaz and broke of negotiations with him because of the 'breach of trust' of posting a picture of his tour of the Valley on social media.

Yet he's still involved with the Aussies who you suggest agreed a price and then tried to 'low ball' him with a premeditated price drop at the last minute?
    This entire thing is smoke and mirrors, nothing is what it appears, The only people I trust to be telling the truth here are The EFL.
  • Admin.....any chance of putting one of your short summaries up....can't be arsed going through all the pages since I last looked at this thread (23rd Aug)....cheers.
  • micks1950 said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

He was 'furious' with Fawaz and broke of negotiations with him because of the 'breach of trust' of posting a picture of his tour of the Valley on social media.

Yet he's still involved with the Aussies who you suggest agreed a price and then tried to 'low ball' him with a premeditated price drop at the last minute?
    So why did his team welcome the Aussies with open arms in full view of the public at the play off games. Is their NDA different?

Don't buy the tweet line myself. It didn't say he was trying to buy the Club, just showed he was there - could have been for a myriad of reasons.
  • cafcwill said:

The surprise Konsa sale probably had an impact on the whole process.

Classic Roland

Thought this at the time but is Charlton selling their best young English player at the end of a season really that much of a surprise?
  • I was also a bit shocked to hear they only sat down face to face for the first time with RD in August, wasn't it, after Konsa sale? Think trust blown on both sides of that deal.

Feels like we are as far away as ever.

Personally, I think when the Australians actually Roland met it went about as well as Mike Pompeo's meeting with Kim Jong Un. I think both sides think they are being robbed one way or another.

• Think the thread title needs amending again.
  • Will Aribo be sold in January?
  • I wonder if there is some russian involvement. If so, we may be able to get some hackers in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!